Potential OLB's Via Draft

JonCJG

Reaction score
Does anyone see any OLB that fit the BP 3-4 mold in this years draft?

It looks like the undersized DE's have better potential to play the OLB position in the 3-4 because of their height, weight and in some cases speed over the OLB's in this years NFL draft crop.

JonCJG

Reaction score
Not so much detail next time..... people have lives to live you know. :)

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter has BP written all over him. I mean ALL OVER HIM.

I like Chris Gocong in the middle rounds as added depth/potential future starter. (see sig)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

He shouold shower. Hope its not written in permanent marker :)

JonCJG

Reaction score
Lawson looks to be every bit the athlete Ware is. Anyone seen him play? His stats look great but the only game I saw him play was the senior bowl.

40 yard dash
Lawson 4.43
Ware 4.51

Broad Jump

Lawson 10'4
Ware 10'2

Vertical Leap

Lawson 39'1/2
Ware 38'1/2

Short Shuttle

Lawson 4.18
Ware 4.07

Long Shuttle

Lawson 11.08
Ware 10.93

3 cone drill

Lawson 6.90
Ware 6.83

Bench Press
Lawson ?
Ware 27 reps at 225

ddh33

Reaction score
I'll just tell you, the most impressive thing to me about Manny Lawson isn't the great workout numbers. I'm more impressed by the fact that he was voted most valuable player on the defense and best defensive lineman on his team by his peers. That's significant to me because a guy named Mario Williams played on the other side...His lack of bulk does concern me some though...

Kamerion Wimbley is a guy that I have been very high on. He impressed me at the combine too. He's a great character kind of guy too. People have talked about a previous injury, but I haven't seen the effects of it. Meanwhile, some of the same people are all for Bobby Carpenter, who has had his fair share of injuries.

Bobby Carpernter wouldn't hurt my feelings either though. His dad played for Parcells, and Bobby has been a great competitor and leader too. He also has more true linebacker skills that may be needed.

Mark Anderson is another guy I like.

Basically, the list goes on and on. If you like those tweeners, this is a great draft class to find them - including a couple of Syracuse kids who might not mind being reunited with their old college coach and the guy who recruited them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
123456 said:
Not so much detail next time..... people have lives to live you know. :)
I didn't notice that the link I pasted didn't paste. Sorry.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

I like Chris Gocong in the middle rounds as added depth/potential future starter. (see sig)

I like Gocong as well. But I view him as more of an ILB in a 3-4 than anything. He has the size and range to be great at it. I he's relentless enough to do the blitz from the middle thing (which is more about timing and patience than pass rush skills).

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh