Pound the Table Prospects

cnuball21

Reaction score
Who are your players in this years draft that you might be higher on than others or just flat out love as a prospect? Who are you pounding the table for?

Spencer Rattler
Jordan Morgan
Marshawn Lloyd
Troy Franklin
Xavier Leggette
Chop Robinson
Edge Cooper
Jonathan Gray
Jarrian Jones

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I've been watching mostly 1st round guys, and haven't dived into the second wave yet. But some players I am way higher on than the consensus are

Chop Robinson
JPJ
Michael Penix
T'Vondre Sweat

Honorable mention for Troy Fautanu, who is getting top-20 love but is always mentioned as a future guard. I think he is a Rashawn Slater-esque LT. Yep, that level of talent too.

I'm thinking this is just a really strong draft, honestly. Usually, there are a couple 1st round prospects where I don't see it with the media consensus, or I think the player might need something to break their way in the NFL. But almost all the early rounders I've been watching just look like unqualified studs.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
I've been watching mostly 1st round guys, and haven't dived into the second wave yet. But some players I am way higher on than the consensus are

Chop Robinson
JPJ
Michael Penix
T'Vondre Sweat

Honorable mention for Troy Fautanu, who is getting top-20 love but is always mentioned as a future guard. I think he is a Rashawn Slater-esque LT. Yep, that level of talent too.

I'm thinking this is just a really strong draft, honestly. Usually, there are a couple 1st round prospects where I don't see it with the media consensus, or I think the player might need something to break their way in the NFL. But almost all the early rounders I've been watching just look like unqualified studs.
Morgan is likely a tick below Fautanu as a prospect...but I feel the same as you do. I've seen enough quality tape of them playing LT where I'm starting them out there and making them fail before moving them to G. Think they can both stick outside. Morgan's tape against UCLA was enough for me.

rambo2

Reaction score
Jackson Powers-Johnson
Byron Murphy II
Taliese Fuaga
Tyler Guyton
Troy Fautanu
Jared Verse
Keon Coleman
T'Vondre Sweat
Adonai Mitchell
Zach Frazier
Tyler Nubin
Payton Wilson
Xavier Legette
Javon Bullard
Jonathan Brooks
Jaylen Wright

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Saw this article on PFF today. All aboard the Chop train!

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-2024-nfl-drafts-edge-defender-class-stable-metrics

Penn State’s Chop Robinson comes out on the opposite end of the sack spectrum when compared to Latu, notching just eight sacks over the past two years. However, his pass-rush metrics put him in the same conversation. While he is currently eighth on the PFF big board, Robinson placed in the top three in all stable pass-rushing metrics since 2022 while also finishing in the top 12 in the run-defense metrics.

2nd in the class in pass rush win rate over the last two seasons. Dallas Turner wasn't in the top 10.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Saw this article on PFF today. All aboard the Chop train!

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-2024-nfl-drafts-edge-defender-class-stable-metrics

2nd in the class in pass rush win rate over the last two seasons. Dallas Turner wasn't in the top 10.
Ewwwwwyyy let’s go! Yea I’m all aboard…

Trice is an interesting dude too…led NCAA in pressures with like 70 which is absurd. Anxious to see how he tests bc I strugggle with the big bodied Edge dudes.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Outside of round 1:

Malachi Corley
Xavier Legette
Chris Braswell
Jonah Ellis
Braden Fiske

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Trevin Wallace (6'2" 240) fast and mean. Reminds me of of a more athletic Dre Greenlaw.

11412490.jpg

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Who are your players in this years draft that you might be higher on than others or just flat out love as a prospect? Who are you pounding the table for?

Spencer Rattler
Jordan Morgan
Marshawn Lloyd
Troy Franklin
Xavier Leggette
Chop Robinson
Edge Cooper
Jonathan Gray
Jarrian Jones
Sweat, the Big running back from wisconsin Allen, Johnny Wilson or any WR that is 6'4 and taller, any DT prospect that looks mean/has a football look to him, not these nice looking guys

cnuball21

Reaction score
Sweat, the Big running back from wisconsin Allen, Johnny Wilson or any WR that is 6'4 and taller, any DT prospect that looks mean/has a football look to him, not these nice looking guys
Wilson is so intriguing. If I could
talk him into being a TE I’d draft him.

Aven8

Reaction score
Braelon Allen. Love his size, and age.
Trey Benson- Balance and patience is outstanding.
Cedric Gray- Production for three years.
Tommy Eichenberg- A machine.
Roman Wilson- Get Puka vibes with him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I can already see Chop Robinson will have Nolan Smith like combine but i am extremely weary of DEs who dont produce in college.
Think you need to look past sacks only as the way to eval. A lot of good data out there
now that helps translate to NFL success.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Think you need to look past sacks only as the way to eval. A lot of good data out there
now that helps translate to NFL success.
i dont diasgree at all-see Parsons stats for example but the best measure of NFL success is still college production +measurables. If you are just drafting on traits then you are taking a huge risk especially in the first RD.

cnuball21

Reaction score
i dont diasgree at all-see Parsons stats for example but the best measure of NFL success is still college production +measurables. If you are just drafting on traits then you are taking a huge risk especially in the first RD.
But it’s not just traits…dude had a 1st round caliber pass rush win rate and pressure percentage before getting hurt last year. PFF grade was also rock solid.

Sacks are a small piece of the puzzle but can’t be used individually when evaluating IMO…missing out on too much relevant data that should factor in.