Power Rankings - Fox

Rackat

Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10637

Talk about Randy Moss all you want, Terrell Owens is having a fairly decent year, himself. T.O. caught eight balls for 173 yards and hauled in four touchdowns in Sunday's 28-23 Dallas win over the Commanders. Owens' TD catches were of 4, 31, 46 and 52 yards. Dallas improved to 9-1 for the first time since 1983 and won their fourth straight game. Owens has had at least 100 receiving yards and a touchdown in each of the victories. Dallas takes on the 2-8 Jets on Thanksgiving before facing 9-1 Green Bay the following Thursday. The winner of that monster could be looking at home-field throughout the NFC playoffs.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The fact that the Steelers did not move blows my mind.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ESPN

2 (2) Cowboys 9-1-0 Just three times has an NFC East team gone unbeaten in division play, but the Cowboys are in great shape to achieve No. 4. A home game against the Eagles (Dec. 16) and a road game at Washington (Dec. 30) are all that stands in their way.

lspain1

Reaction score
Rackat;1780415 said:
The winner of that monster could be looking at home-field throughout the NFC playoffs.

The monster the cable companies are dreading. The game will create a national sensation when it can't be viewed by most of the nation's cable subscribers. The NFL couldn't ask for a better scenario. The cable executives will be rooting against both teams on Thursday! :eek:

Rackat

Reaction score
lspain1;1780429 said:
The monster the cable companies are dreading. The game will create a national sensation when it can't be viewed by most of the nation's cable subscribers. The NFL couldn't ask for a better scenario. The cable executives will be rooting against both teams on Thursday! :eek:
Yep. I can't see how the cable companies are going to come out of this with any credibility. They have "sports packages" that are on the basic tier that show national events, but when that weekend is done, Jerry will have a lot more bargaining power. I would really like to see what Dish and DirecTZV sales are like in the next couple of weeks, particularly with the Sunday Ticket and NFLN.

Rackat

Reaction score
Did you notice that the top 10 teams are split AFC/NFC? With only one team ranking above two NFC teams. Maybe the pendulum is swinging back to the NFC?

fredp22

Reaction score
lspain1;1780429 said:

Comcast demands NFL Network cease and desist encouraging customers to switch providers
By RACHEL COHEN, AP Sports Writer
November 20, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Comcast, the nation's largest cable company, has sent a cease-and-desist letter to the NFL Network demanding the channel's representatives stop encouraging fans to leave the cable provider.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, the outspoken chairman of the league's NFL Network committee, has urged customers of Comcast and other large cable providers who don't carry the network on a basic tier to switch to satellite or other cable services that do.

The channel's iwantnflnetwork.com Web site includes a box titled "MAKE THE SWITCH." Above a field to enter a zip code, the text reads, "Switch to a TV provider that will bring you NFL Network, not hold you hostage."

The letter, dated Monday, contends that such actions violate the contract between the network and Comcast.

"The legal arguments are without merit, and Comcast subscribers who are dropping that service do not need encouragement from us," said NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky, who added that network executives had not yet received the letter.

The two sides have gone to court over their agreement. The NFL Network sued Comcast after the cable provider decided to move the channel from its basic digital tier to a premium sports tier that customers must pay extra to receive.

In May, Manhattan state Supreme Court Justice Bernard J. Fried ruled in favor of Comcast. The network has appealed.

The letter requests that the network confirm in writing by the close of business Friday that it has halted its efforts to influence customers. Comcast spokeswoman Jennifer Khoury said she didn't want to speculate what the company would do if its demands were not met.

The network, launched in 2003 to provide 24-hour coverage of the league, began airing live games late last season. This year's eight-game package kicks off Thursday night with a matchup between the Indianapolis Colts and Atlanta Falcons.

The network is available in about 35 million of the nation's more than 111 homes with televisions, which Jones conceded is far fewer than he hoped it would reach by this point.

The NFL Network's initial strategy was to encourage fans to ask their cable companies to add the channel. Jones acknowledged earlier this month that the focus had shifted. He said cable executives "dared" him to prove that viewers so desired the network that they would switch providers.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i get to see the GB and Carolina games.......I have Grande Cable.....got rid of Time Warner cause I wanted the NFL Network

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fredp22;1780473 said:
The NFL Network's initial strategy was to encourage fans to ask their cable companies to add the channel. Jones acknowledged earlier this month that the focus had shifted. He said cable executives "dared" him to prove that viewers so desired the network that they would switch providers.
Not a great idea.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
love it

the Commanders are four games behind Dallas in the NFC East standings, Washington will focus on one the wild card from here on out.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
guys, question, for those of you who see the Packers, how good are they compared to the Cowboys?

From what I see via the media, it looks like Favre would carve up the Cowboys' defense and the Cowboys would carve up the Packers' defense. It seems to be one of those "whoever has the ball last wins" games.

What do you guys think?

sacase

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1780772 said:
I think they realized that.
Yep, which is why they are talking possible legal action. Hell, after the season the NFL network should DENY programing to Comcast, since they don't want to carry their service. Bet a lot of customers switch then.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I agree w/ you Dragon, although I too have only seen the snippets, but it looks like Favre has 3 good targets in Driver, Jennings, and rookie James Jones looks like a keeper, I saw some of the Denver/GB game, and Favre was going to him alot, he has good speed, ran a 4.47 I think, good hands

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1780816 said:
guys, question, for those of you who see the Packers, how good are they compared to the Cowboys?

From what I see via the media, it looks like Favre would carve up the Cowboys' defense and the Cowboys would carve up the Packers' defense. It seems to be one of those "whoever has the ball last wins" games.

What do you guys think?
I got to see them against the Skins and Minny.

There are alot of "if" scenarios, but seriously, IF Santana Moss doesn't fumble and Woodson doesn't return for a TD, there is no way the Packers win that game AT home. Wow, what a nice long sentence.

They don't impress me at all. I am not saying that it will be an easy game for the Boys, but it should be a win. We can make them one dimensional and make Favre win the game, which what the Skins did, and he will just be Favre.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score

What do you guys think?

I believe this will be an excellent matchup that ultimately determines homefield advantage in the NFC Playoffs.

If you just consider this single matchup: the Packers' strength on offense, passing game, against the Cowboys' weakness on defense, pass coverage, well... this has the makings of one of the season's landmark games.

The Pack is back... and so are the Cowboys. I'm really geeked about this upcoming game - and very grateful that the schedule-makers have us at home.

SacredStar

Reaction score

What do you guys think?

I've watched every single game, and i have to say they could easily be 3-7 right now.

They beat the Giants, Panthers, and Vikings soundly.

They lost, at Lambeau to the Bears.

Their other games, they trailed late in the 4th quarter in every one and pulled out a win in the end or OT.

The ball has certainly bounced their way.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
DCfaninDC;1780842 said:
I got to see them against the Skins and Minny.

There are alot of "if" scenarios, but seriously, IF Santana Moss doesn't fumble and Woodson doesn't return for a TD, there is no way the Packers win that game AT home. Wow, what a nice long sentence.

They don't impress me at all. I am not saying that it will be an easy game for the Boys, but it should be a win. We can make them one dimensional and make Favre win the game, which what the Skins did, and he will just be Favre.

yea, and IF the refs didn't screw-up two non holding calls on TD plays, that the league told them later were wrong calls then the game never would have been close. And if the ref didnt miss the force out call that the league later said was a wrong call, then the Packers would have had three more touchdowns. So it looks like the team that was lucky they were even close in the game was the Redskisn. And in the Bear game if the ref didn't screw up a player over the center call that they later said was wrong, the Bears wouod not have been given a first down within the 5 and would not have scored a TD allowing the Packers to only be playing for a field goal in the last minute.

You can if and but yoursefl to death on the Packers but they have done what good teams do. The beat the Giants into submission at their place where they quit in the 4th quarter. They went to Denver on a Monday night and won. They turned around 6 days later and went to KC and beat them in a place where only 5 NFC teams have won in the last 100 years.

The only game where the Packers caught a big break and won was the PHilly opening game where Philly could not catch a punt. The rest of the games they have played, Green Bay has been the better team on the field and proved it.

Packers are good. They are really good. DAllas is good. They are really good.
These two teams are no doubt the two best teams in the NFC. Just like the 90s. Next Thursday will be the best game of the year and I would say right now these two teams will be in the Championship game. No other NFC team is as good as these two teams.

The Packers may not impress you, that is fine. But after watching the Packers for the past 40 yrs, they impress me and I don't get impressed easily. I like this team a lot more than the Super Bowl teams of the mid 90s.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
SacredStar;1780923 said:
I've watched every single game, and i have to say they could easily be 3-7 right now.

They beat the Giants, Panthers, and Vikings soundly.

They lost, at Lambeau to the Bears.

Their other games, they trailed late in the 4th quarter in every one and pulled out a win in the end or OT.

The ball has certainly bounced their way.

They also could be 10-0 without a refs blunder in teh Chicago game. And Dalls could be 6 and 3 right now if Buffalo and Washington hadn's screwed up. I know you have a hate for the Packers because of where you live, but at least recognize that you don't get to 9 and 1 because they are lucky. When the schedule came out, most felt the Packers would be LUCKY to win one game in the first two months. But they won all but one. They aren't lucky, they are a good team. Dallsa is a good team. Next week will be the best game of the NFL year. Better than NEw England and INdy......