Power Rankings - Fox

SacredStar

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1781269 said:
They also could be 10-0 without a refs blunder in teh Chicago game. And Dalls could be 6 and 3 right now if Buffalo and Washington hadn's screwed up. I know you have a hate for the Packers because of where you live, but at least recognize that you don't get to 9 and 1 because they are lucky. When the schedule came out, most felt the Packers would be LUCKY to win one game in the first two months. But they won all but one. They aren't lucky, they are a good team. Dallsa is a good team. Next week will be the best game of the NFL year. Better than NEw England and INdy......

I'm not saying the Packers are not a good team. They are a good team.

As far as the Bills game, yes, Dallas got lucky. They were clearly outplayed by Buffalo. I disagree on the Washington game.

It is true the refs blundered in the Bear game, but what about the Bronco game when Selvin Young ran a 40 yard play to the 5 yard line that was called back by a hold? There was no hold there, even the commentators said there was no hold. That play stands and there is no OT and GB loses.

But c'mon Rob, you have to admit that the ball has bounced their way.

I have a lot of Packer friends.....and almost every single one will admit the Packers are good, but they also admit they have been lucky.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
SacredStar;1781411 said:
As far as the Bills game, yes, Dallas got lucky. They were clearly outplayed by Buffalo.
Personally, I don't think we got lucky against the Bills. Romo made many mistakes but the defense did their part by keeping the game close and at the end Romo righted the ship and took the team down the field for a winning FG. Now the on-side kick is more of luck than anyother plays but that play has been practiced and so the team created that luck by creating the situation to have a luck.

If anything, Bills got lucky to keep it close because we kept shooting ourselves on the foot, otherwise, it would not have been close as it was.

pgreptom

Reaction score
I can't say anything..

I switched Cable Providors to get the NFL Network, too... I said "buh bye Comcast"

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1781263 said:
You can if and but yoursefl to death on the Packers but they have done what good teams do. The beat the Giants into submission at their place where they quit in the 4th quarter. They went to Denver on a Monday night and won. They turned around 6 days later and went to KC and beat them in a place where only 5 NFC teams have won in the last 100 years.

The only game where the Packers caught a big break and won was the PHilly opening game where Philly could not catch a punt. The rest of the games they have played, Green Bay has been the better team on the field and proved it.
Really??? You are talking about the NY (who have they beaten) Giants game, the Denver (really? GB looked awful in that game) Broncos game, and the KC (Magic 8 ball who is going to be our next QB) Cheifs game?

The Giants are garbage and Dallas & GB played them the first two games when their D wasn't fixed up. Usi was playing as a LB and that turned out to be disastrous. After he was converted back to DE, they were much better.

Broncos game was crazy, the offense didn't score much and your D let them back into the game and you won it with a crazy toss from good ole' gun-slinging Favre.

KC? Are you serious? The team whose RB wasn't doing well because he joined the team late and still managed to get his first TD against the Packers. The game where the packers were trailing most of the game and KC gave it away at the end? Please...

I still think Philly is garbage and you admit that the Packers won with "luck".

Favre looked lost in the Skins game and looked like last year's Favre with the "I will just throw it up for grabs and hope someone catches it" mentality.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1781434 said:
Personally, I don't think we got lucky against the Bills. Romo made many mistakes but the defense did their part by keeping the game close and at the end Romo righted the ship and took the team down the field for a winning FG. Now the on-side kick is more of luck than anyother plays but that play has been practiced and so the team created that luck by creating the situation to have a luck.

If anything, Bills got lucky to keep it close because we kept shooting ourselves on the foot, otherwise, it would not have been close as it was.
Exactly right.

You have to remeber that the D only gave up 3 points in that game. 3 points, one FG.

If anything, buffalo was lucky to be able to stay close for that long. We were basically giving the game away.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have to laugh at the cable idiots whinning about the NFL asking viewers to switch. I can imagine the NFL attorney"We are telling our fans to go to where they can watch our channel. ANd Comcast is trying to say that is illegal? I guess the First Amendment should bow to the cable companies?"