Twitter: PPF: QBs with highest uncatchable pass rates

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
What's funny about this post is that it's true. For those who hate Dak 24x7, he probably is living in their heads. On the other hand, for those who are infatuated with Dak, who really hasn't done anything more then any other QB who hasn't won a Super Bowl, the same is true. He's living in your heads as well.

It's pretty funny when I think about it.
Is it even possible to be Dak "moderate" here? It seems that you can't have an opinion on Dak without the other side pushing it to the extreme. If you say Dak is a pretty good QB then all of the sudden the other side claims you called him a future HOFer. If you say Dak can be better in situations, the you get accused of Romo worship. There are some extreme posters on both sides, but they are so loud around here that the majority of posters who fall in the middle don't seem to be heard from.

I thought Romo was a better QB. I also think that Dak has tools to be better than he has been, especially with better coaching.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Martz will NOT go with that plan , Dalton will have his shot to save the season with a full commitment.. the only games dinucci might play is the last 3 games if they 100% have zero mathematical chance to make the playoffs..

so if Dak starts out 3-5 doesnt look good you will see Dalton like Tannehill and see if they can turn it around..a vet coach isnt handing the keys to a RAW Rookie until its 100% over..3 games would be a good lets see what Dinucci has..

And of course the entire coaching staff will think like fans with all their experience sitting on their couches and not look at ALL of the reasons they went 3-5 and just say it was Prescott. They will just ignore the possibility of the defense being responsible for some of those losses or to many offensive penalties causing some of those losses or dropped basses causing some of those losses or subpar rushing as a reason for some of those losses. No they will ignore all other possibilities and just go with it being just Prescott's fault jump to their 3 mil a year backup to bail them out After all the Prescott haters can't be wrong.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Martz will NOT go with that plan , Dalton will have his shot to save the season with a full commitment.. the only games dinucci might play is the last 3 games if they 100% have zero mathematical chance to make the playoffs..

so if Dak starts out 3-5 doesnt look good you will see Dalton like Tannehill and see if they can turn it around..a vet coach isnt handing the keys to a RAW Rookie until its 100% over..3 games would be a good lets see what Dinucci has..

If you're referring to Dinuacci then just say Dinucci.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And of course the entire coaching staff will think like fans with all their experience sitting on their couches and not look at ALL of the reasons they went 3-5 and just say it was Prescott. They will just ignore the possibility of the defense being responsible for some of those losses or to many offensive penalties causing some of those losses or dropped basses causing some of those losses or subpar rushing as a reason for some of those losses. No they will ignore all other possibilities and just go with it being just Prescott's fault jump to their 3 mil a year backup to bail them out After all the Prescott haters can't be wrong.
no but that doesnt mean the coaches wont see the issue and if Dak gets pulled, we know...:)

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dalton is hands down better than Dak.

giphy.gif

mrw_one_of_my_favorite_blogs_encourages_people_to

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
But! But! But! The military do not have any age discrimination law to worry about. The do have an age limit to be inducted into the military. They even do administrative discharges for soldiers that get passed over on promotion 3 times in a row to make room for younger soldiers. Now as far as Elliott, take a wild guess of what the average career length for a running back in the NFL. Give up? It's 3.3 years. Tell me something else why has Elliott's longest runs from scrimmage gone down every year since his rookie season along with his total yardage for a season? Emmitt Smith had more yards in his 6th season than he had in any of his first 5 seasons and Emmitt's second season was more than Elliott's rookie season. Some backs defy the averages while others just prove it like Elliott.
I think Elliott hasn't slowed down any. I think it's mostly his line play hasn't been up to the standards, set in 2016.
Actually there is a federal law that protects against discrimination based on sex, race, age or religious affiliation but the military is exempt from that law because the defense of this country depends on having physically able personnel. That's why people that are over weight when they enter boot camp but can't pass the physical requirements are discharge and aren't assigned a school to attend for further job specific training or just added into the infantry.. You may think it OK for someone 38 years old that can't keep up with 21 year olds to be defending us, but most of us want those that can keep up with the rest of the soldiers to be defending us.
I understand it, but that won't stop me from poking fun at the irony of it all. Just something else to laugh at.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
no but that doesnt mean the coaches wont see the issue and if Dak gets pulled, we know...:)

Oh I see you say no meaning the coaching staff won't ignore all other possibilities but then say they will see what YOU think even if any or all of those possibilities happen. Why don't you just admit that you're looking for anything to sit Prescott because you don't like him. That would be much more believable then your made up scenario which would mean that Prescott would have to regress further back to even before his rookie season to come true.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think Elliott hasn't slowed down any. I think it's mostly his line play hasn't been up to the standards, set in 2016..

You are right the line is not as good as it was in 2016 but Elliott has gotten into the secondary last season too like he did in 2016 except he doesn't still have that speed to break it off for as long of runs as he did in 2016. That's why his longest runs have gone down every year since his rookie season. You can only use the line as an excuse for why he may not have gotten into the secondary as often, but not for what he did or didn't do once he got there.

Londonboy

Reaction score
In Winston's case I assume that it's uncatchable by a Teammate.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Basically a list of NFL quarterbacks who spent last season running for their lives. You'll see most of the same guys ranked high in sack% and INT%. They have a combined record 20-36.

To be fair, you really have to look at it on a player by player level, each circumstances are different.

I hope Dalton is featured heavily in the two preseason games. What you see is what you get.

I agree that you have to look at all of the circumstances, but Dalton was ranked 16th in sack percentage last season. That is not that bad. Ryan Tannehill was ranked 31st in sack percentage and is not on this list. Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson also got sacked quite a bit and weren't throwing a large percentage of uncatchable passes.

Very telling about Jameis Winston. His top two WRs are long, tall guys each with a huge catch radius and he still was throwing a high percentage of uncatchable passes.

plasticman

Reaction score
I agree that you have to look at all of the circumstances, but Dalton was ranked 16th in sack percentage last season. That is not that bad. Ryan Tannehill was ranked 31st in sack percentage and is not on this list. Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson also got sacked quite a bit and weren't throwing a large percentage of uncatchable passes.

Very telling about Jameis Winston. His top two WRs are long, tall guys each with a huge catch radius and he still was throwing a high percentage of uncatchable passes.
A lot of it also depends on the type of quarterback. I wouldn't say there are too many QB's these days that are committed to staying in the pocket, but the less mobile ones with more experience are willing to give themselves up more often rather than risk a turnover. They will live to fight another day...or play in this case. Such a QB will be more accurate but with more sacks.

Again, and we agree on this, every situation is different. Although the stats tell us a lot, they certainly don't tell us everything. If it's the fourth quarter and you are down by three scores, then you are going to take more risks, get the ball out despite being within two tenths of a second before tasting turf. That type of urgency tends to produce less accurate throws.

fansince68

Reaction score
Isn't throwing away the ball to avoid a sack an "uncatchable" pass? I'm sure we want our qb to throw an uncatchable pass to avoid a sack.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I willing to throw Andy's stats out the window cause his situation is totally different now. #14 has more weapons then ever and a top offensive coach.

Carnes

Reaction score
I actually like Dalton.......the best current back-up QB in the league. But there's a reason NO team was willing to a draft pick for him, not even a 7th. Stop the, he's better the Dak none sense........

So where is Dak.