Twitter: Practice/Injury Updates - 08/26/13 *Bernadeau is out w/ankle injury*

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know these guys only see the first 20 mins, so it's just a matter whose there and whose not there while the media is there.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 5m
Mo Claiborne is dressed out for practice. He might play Thursday night when rest of starters rest. Needs work.
David Arkin is working with starters at left guard. Mackenzy Bernadeau isn't at practice. Not sure why. Doug Free is still right guard.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 5m
Cowboys wearing full pads today.
Ernie Sims has returned to practice.
No Jason Hatcher today. Ben Bass getting work with 1-team.

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 7m
Mackenzy Bernadeau is in weight room not practicing. This team can't get healthy at OG.
WR Cole Beasley is back at practice.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 7m
Bernardeau working with trainers in another edition of as the guards turn at cowboys practice
Looks like it will be david Arkin at left guard. Free still at right guard
Murray back with first team at running back

Last edited:

Macnalty

Reaction score
Wow this is almost comical with Livings and Bernadeau since we have signed them it is like the wack a mole game. Will can still win with Arkin (just may take a play or two longer), we still hit the jackpot with our rookie center, wow what a break.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
every single guard that is now available in free agency needs to be brought in, every single one, regardless of age, health, and performance. our guard situation is pathetic.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I applaud Jones for at least trying but he didn't have to sign the 2 worst offensive lineman that were available last year.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I'm ready to move on from Bern and Mack. Let's just roll with Smith-Leary-Fred-Free-Parnell with Arkin-Killer-Costa-Bell as backups.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I think Claiborne needs to play at least a quarter on Thursday.

Don't know what to say about the guard situation.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm expecting this team to scan the waiver wires with a great sense of urgency approaching the regular season.
As desperate as our situation with the OL has been, it'll probably only worsen if something isn't done very soon.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't over react.

I'm not sure Bern will even be a starter when all this shakes out.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Hatcher and groin injury could be nagging thing. BIG trouble if he's not there. Bass/Hayden/Lissemore not greatest combo

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect them to just play whatever combination on the OLine that they can come up with for game 1. If that fails, then Jerry will immediately pay Waters whatever he wants. I don't see any players cut from other teams as a solution.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect them to just play whatever combination on the OLine that they can come up with for game 1. If that fails, then Jerry will immediately pay Waters whatever he wants. I don't see any players cut from other teams as a solution.

Neither do I.

Nor do I see the situation as dire. If this team starts game 1 with an oline of Smith, Leary, Fred, Free, Parnell... Then I'm OK with that.

fortdick

Reaction score
Neither do I.

Nor do I see the situation as dire. If this team starts game 1 with an oline of Smith, Leary, Fred, Free, Parnell... Then I'm OK with that.

I am not sure I can take Parnell in the lineup. He was horrible against the Bengals. I will say that Free looked good at guard.