Practice Points August 2nd

quickccc

Reaction score
Some note from todays practice. Of particular note to me is talk of just how physical the defense is practicing. It is music to my ears as an ex safety/LB.

Also, I liked reading about DaRon Bland. Several times already, we’ve heard about him playing well, even as early as it is. Jourdan Lewis in particular said he’s going to make the team and help out right away… or something to that effect.

Here’s what they say about him:

For the rest of the notes, click the link below.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/practice-points-getting-physical-the-kicker-battle

Irony is what reviews and reports we are hearing about Bland, is really what we should be hearing from 2nd round pick Kelvin Joseph;
If Bland is into the roster fray, whose spot is in jeopardy ?... How many CBs in numbers are we likely to keep ?

CBs
1 Diggs
2 Brown
3 Lewis
4 Joseph
5 Bland ? …. Wright ?
6 Goodwin Jr. ?

quickccc

Reaction score
" Trysten Hill's redemption " ....

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...n-hill-redemption-wide-receiver-stubbornness/

With just 18 games in four seasons under his belt, the former second-round pick may be finally ready to prove that the Cowboys have been right to remain patient with him.
The defensive tackle has had a good camp, holding his own on the field and also working to change his reputation off of it. “Words are not going to persuade you,” Hill said. “It’s my actions. There’s a lot of people that’s got stuff to say but that stuff just falls by the wayside.”

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Barring excessive injuries, I expect our defense to be the strength of the team in 2022. Also, hoping the offense surprises us all. :flagwave:

DandyTom64

Reaction score
Hard to judge anything without seeing them for sure. Ready for PS just to know. Can’t wait for the typical score 9 points and lose and get no real feel how any of them play together……
That means one our kickers is going to have kick a field goal. Keep your fingers crossed.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
That means one our kickers is going to have kick a field goal. Keep your fingers crossed.

Ethan Ratke is so under the radar, the Cowboys know they can bring him in anytime. So, no kicker worries at this point.

mperfection

Reaction score
The CB room is getting crowded.

They only kept 6 CB’s last years roster (7 if you count CJ Goodwin)
1-Diggs
2-Brown
3-JLewis
4-Joseph
5-Wright
6-Bland

not to mention Keyron Brown & Isaac Taylor-Stewart have also been mentioned favorably.

This defense has a ton of potential to be great. And they have a DC to make it happen. It’s exciting.

Makes me wonder.. that maybe we need to trust that they have a young WR (or 2) to help on the offensive side
Barring a major injury to one of the following, I expect our secondary to look like this:

CB:
1-T. Diggs
2-A. Brown
3-J. Lewis
4-K. Joseph
5-N. Wright/D. Bland
6-CJ Goodwin

S:
1-J. Kearse
2-M. Hooker
3-D. Wison
4-M. Bell