Practice Points: Tyler Guyton exits for evaluation, more from final practice

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We’ll find out soon enough. Like less than a week.
Yep. It'll be interesting to see who they keep. I think there will be a few veteran cuts that will let us keep a few "bubble" players initially. Players like Freeman and Goodwin, who we have good reason to feel we could get to the practice squad. The fact that you can put vets on the PS now and call them up for three games changes the strategy for teams. It's more of an extension of the roster, but you have to determine who you can afford to risk. Albert Huggins is another I could see being PS'd ... players that no one was trying hard to sign in the offseason. Maybe Hendershot since we haven't seen him this preseason (if we don't decide to IR him), but I think he's still subject to the waiver wire while the older vets are not.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep. It'll be interesting to see who they keep. I think there will be a few veteran cuts that will let us keep a few "bubble" players initially. Players like Freeman and Goodwin, who we have good reason to feel we could get to the practice squad. The fact that you can put vets on the PS now and call them up for three games changes the strategy for teams. It's more of an extension of the roster, but you have to determine who you can afford to risk. Albert Huggins is another I could see being PS'd ... players that no one was trying hard to sign in the offseason. Maybe Hendershot since we haven't seen him this preseason (if we don't decide to IR him), but I think he's still subject to the waiver wire while the older vets are not.
And after all the NFL cuts go down, there’s going to be some talent out there that could help the Cowboys. Like maybe a RB.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And after all the NFL cuts go down, there’s going to be some talent out there that could help the Cowboys. Like maybe a RB.
I'm going to be surprised if we do anything at RB, at least before the season. I think McCarthy is fine with Elliott and Dowdle being the top two, and I think we'll keep Vaughn, too, as a change-up. Change will come if this plan backfires, but we haven't seen enough of it yet to know if it will backfire.