Practice squad thread

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats interesting. I thought gif sure that the three special teams guys cut would just be signed back to the 53-man roster once the reserve designations were done.

Yes, I don't understand this. Unless they wanted to get in on the roster, then make the move to activate him once the players are moved to IR. As I have not seen that happen yet.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes...

It's always good news that the trash you deemed you could do without gets returned to you because nobody else wanted it.

"Nobody else wanted your trash. Here you can have some it back!" Great news!

giphy.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Thats interesting. I thought gif sure that the three special teams guys cut would just be signed back to the 53-man roster once the reserve designations were done.

Only two IR guys that I know of .. Tyron and Washington. Maher will have up to three games to be activated from the PS before we have to make a decision to put him on the 53.

I thought Maher and McQuaide would be the re-signs, but it appears it will be Goodwin and McQuaide.

Some thought we would put Joseph and Mukuamu on short-term IR to bring back a backup QB and the third special-teamer, but I actually like this better. I believe you can still protect up to four players on the PS each week, so Maher, at least one of the QBs and possibly Watkins will likely be among those players.