Practice Squad

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Why not demote the majority of this defense to the practice squad, an promote some of the guys up from the practice squad? It could not really be any worse, at least those guys getting an opportunity will hustle and actually want to play.

bewp7

Reaction score
we are learning “we like our guys” was not a garrett thing it was a jerry thing. that would mean jerry admitting he is not as great of gm as he thinks i guess and his ego cant handle that!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why not demote the majority of this defense to the practice squad, an promote some of the guys up from the practice squad? It could not really be any worse, at least those guys getting an opportunity will hustle and actually want to play.

Veterans underperforming in contract years should sit or be cut, depending on whether we think we can get a comp pick for them.

Griffen, Crawford, Lewis. Jaylon I'd just sit to avoid the risk of his injury guarantees for the next 2 years kicking in.

Gregory, Armstrong, and Anae should get lots of snaps.

If DLaw isn't healthy, let him get healthy. At this point, he's another development project. Same deal with Poe. Get them healthy but let them play when they are to maybe give us more next year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a practice squad only holds 6-8 players

however the front 7 should all be benched
Then promote 6-8 players and demote 6-8 players on D.

PS has 16 players this year. 6 which can be vet players.
However you do this, then they will be poached by other teams.

and you say, good....well then the cap takes a huge hit. It is not the logical or simple thing to do.