Practice Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What's laughable is thinking that if the Cowboys made a comment that they'd like to play more zone on defense that's telegraphing "strategic planning".

So let me get this straight. You and others on the internet have deduced that because Marinelli is a zone coach, we signed a zone CB in Carroll and drafted a bunch of zone CBs, we will play zone defense more. But apparently NFL OCs haven't figured that out and if the Cowboys made a comment in the offseason that they'd like to play more zone, THAT would be giving opposing teams a leg up on us.

LOL.

I have not once brought up Marinelli. If you must know I believe as he has for the last several years tailor his scheme to the personnel that he has. My take comes from the fact that they released two man to man corners and picked up four defensive backs that could play zone. Do I need to connect the dots further for you?

Nice strawman though.

Further secondary deployment is a huge part of game planning ie strategy. You can play all of the semantic games you would like at the same time Garrett keeps such things close to his vest pretty famously. You know the whole coy canned answers that he gives during press conferences rather than reveal anything at all?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
What's laughable is thinking that if the Cowboys made a comment that they'd like to play more zone on defense that's telegraphing "strategic planning".

So let me get this straight. You and others on the internet have deduced that because Marinelli is a zone coach, we signed a zone CB in Carroll and drafted a bunch of zone CBs, we will play zone defense more. But apparently NFL OCs haven't figured that out and if the Cowboys made a comment in the offseason that they'd like to play more zone, THAT would be giving opposing teams a leg up on us.

LOL.

Don't bother. There's no argumentative knot fuzzy can tie himself into that he's not willing to lie, obfuscate or pivot out of before admitting he's wrong.

Reactions: BAT

Sydla

Reaction score
I have not once brought up Marinelli. If you must know I believe as he has for the last several years tailor his scheme to the personnel that he has. My take comes from the fact that they released two man to man corners and picked up four defensive backs that could play zone. Do I need to connect the dots further for you?

Nice strawman though.

Further secondary deployment is a huge part of game planning ie strategy. You can play all of the semantic games you would like at the same time Garrett keeps such things close to his vest pretty famously. You know the whole coy canned answers that he gives during press conferences rather than reveal anything at all?

So again, Fuzzy has deduced that based on personnel moves the Cowboys will play a lot more zone but apparently opposing OCs won't and therefore if the Cowboys made a comment that they drafted certain CBS because they want to play more zone then opposing OCs would figure it out?

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So again, the wicked smart Fuzzy has deduced that based on personnel moves the Cowboys will play a lot more zone but apparently opposing OCs won't and therefore if the Cowboys made a comment that they drafted certain CBS because they want to play more zone then opposing OCs would figure it out?

Who said it was very difficult to figure out. You're not even arguing the logic. Marinelli tailors his defensive schemes to his personnel and has done so for the past 3 years. Deal with it

I mean your attempts to ridicule me are cute and all but it's logic that anyone can figure out and I'm hardly the only person to come to this conclusion.

Any who attack the argument and not the man and you'll find the people will find you more credible.

PS I never said anything about the team commenting on it. Quite the contrary and quite explicitly just the same.

Garrettop

Reaction score
Pressure with zone coverage is more likely to generate turnovers than man coverage. The unknown is what the pressure level is going to look like. A lack of pressure requires more man.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So again, Fuzzy has deduced that based on personnel moves the Cowboys will play a lot more zone but apparently opposing OCs won't and therefore if the Cowboys made a comment that they drafted certain CBS because they want to play more zone then opposing OCs would figure it out?
Let it go, is it really worth it. We're all entitled to an opinion

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

yJaCy8m.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Pressure with zone coverage is more likely to generate turnovers than man coverage. The unknown is what the pressure level is going to look like. A lack of pressure requires more man.

And the Cowboys have been pretty split between man and zone (slightly more zone than man if you believe Sturm's analysis). I suspect that continues. Marinelli wants to mix secondary looks and guys like Awuzie and Lewis give him that option.

In fact, when they signed Carroll, Garrett made a comment that what they liked about Carroll was his versatility.

Garrettop

Reaction score
And the Cowboys have been pretty split between man and zone (slightly more zone than man if you believe Sturm's analysis). I suspect that continues. Marinelli wants to mix secondary looks and guys like Awuzie and Lewis give him that option.

In fact, when they signed Carroll, Garrett made a comment that what they liked about Carroll was his versatility.

Being able to flip between them creates more uncertainty for QBs. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.