Twitter: Practice Updates - 11/18/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 23m
DT Hall Davis was released from practice squad. Sad day.
LB Taylor Reed was signed to practice squad. He's a SMU kid.
Mo Claiborne and DeMarcus Ware doing rehab work.
Jason Hatcher has also returned to practice. Same goes for Myles Austin.
Holloman is at practice.
Jason Garrett holding a play sheet and running this individual passing drill.
Bill Callahan as usual is working with the offensive line. Wade Wilson laying in the cut watching.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 18m
Morris Claiborne, DeMarcus Ware not practicing. Only an hour or so workout so not too worrisome. Wednesday a bigger day
JJ Wilcox on practice field for first time since hurting knee. Miles Austin also practicing. As is Jason Hatcher.
Obviously no Sean Lee, Justin Durant either.

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 21m
Hatcher, Holloman, Wilcox and Austin are at practice with helmets handy. Ware and Claiborne are out here but without a jersey.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 19m
Mo Claiborne and Dware are not practicing this morning
Wilcox is back.
Miles austin is back at practice

Desmond Purnell ‏@DesmondPurnell 17m
DeMarcus Ware and Mo Claibourne doing rehab work along the sidelines. #Cowboys #nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/Jkx6Dt6xmA

Nice to see #Cowboys WR Miles Austin running routes. Had 10 rec during week 1 against The Giants. #nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/aU9cVvAzFI

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 24m
Holloman and Austin were back at practice on Wednesday. Both running with the ones then too.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least looks like defense will be getting some help. Would feel so much better if Lee were able to play. Big game, but games like this is when players need to step it up.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least looks like defense will be getting some help. Would feel so much better if Lee were able to play. Big game, but games like this is when players need to step it up.

Hatcher and Ware would help, if both can contribute meaningful snaps. It'd be nice to get a useful update from someone in the media re: Ware's issue...whether he reaggravated the injury or we're actually two weeks further along toward him potentially getting over it.
Having Lee out is huge, but I have to say that I'm really interested to see Holloman get some real snaps on defense. I hope he's ready.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hatcher and Ware would help, if both can contribute meaningful snaps. It'd be nice to get a useful update from someone in the media re: Ware's issue...whether he reaggravated the injury or we're actually two weeks further along toward him potentially getting over it.
Having Lee out is huge, but I have to say that I'm really interested to see Holloman get some real snaps on defense. I hope he's ready.

Most everyone says he reaggravated the quad. But it could still mean a couple weeks before he's fully over it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
non of this making me feel better. Nor should it of any of our defensive coaches.

reddyuta

Reaction score
They have figure out why Cruz is wide open all the TIME.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most everyone says he reaggravated the quad. But it could still mean a couple weeks before he's fully over it.

Man. This DL stuff is beyond ridiculous. On the one hand, there's no doubt we'd be a much, much better team with Spencer, Crawford, Bass, and a healthy Hatcher and Ware in the lineup. Or any combination that got us some meaningful snaps from most of those guys. And I don't think it's reasonable to blame the staff for the sheer volume of snaps we've missed at those DL positions this season.

On the other hand, the Ratliff deal was a fiasco, and it's also not fair to let the team off the hook entirely. We *do* have a ton of DL money committed to older players, and some of this *was* foreseeable.

I go back and forth between blaming the organization and just damning our luck, but I'll tell you what: I"m sure sick and tired of this. I read somewhere that, league-wide, ~20% of starting game-day rosters are on IR at this point in the season. Why does it seem that our 20% all has to come from one position group all the time?

AbeBeta

Reaction score

People are down on him but Clairborne would help to. Particularly with us focusing on more man

Plankton

Reaction score
They have figure out why Cruz is wide open all the TIME.

Last year, they completely eliminated Cruz. If you put your hands on him, and get physical with him, he disappears.

Playing zone makes him a huge factor.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 23m
LB Taylor Reed was signed to practice squad. He's a SMU kid.
Mo Claiborne and DeMarcus Ware doing rehab work.
Jason Hatcher has also returned to practice. Same goes for Myles Austin.
Holloman is at practice.
Bill Callahan as usual is working with the offensive line. Wade Wilson laying in the cut watching.
Calvin makes me laugh.

How many years has he been reporting stories about "Miles", not "Myles" Austin.

Taylor Reed was in training camp with the team.

What does that mean? Isn't he one of the most recent signings to the PS?

Humm...

What does "laying in the cut watching" mean?

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
People are down on him but Clairborne would help to. Particularly with us focusing on more man

He did well against Nicks last year and now Nicks is a shell of himself so far this season. No reason we can't play man against the Giants. It would be nice to see Claiborne get a pick six :) Randle is who scares me.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Calvin makes me laugh.

How many years has he been reporting stories about "Miles", not "Myles" Austin.

Taylor Reed was in training camp with the team.

What does that mean? Isn't he one of the most recent signings to the PS?

Humm...

What does "laying in the cut watching" mean?

I hate Calvin so much.

Was Wade "sippin on gin and juice" too, Calvin, you ol' gangsta, you?

Moron.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh, no doubt. Webb's a liability in the slot. We just haven't been burned badly by it yet. We want Scandrick in there as soon as possible.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate Calvin so much.

Was Wade "sippin on gin and juice" too, Calvin, you ol' gangsta, you?

Moron.

At least Calvin has Jean-Jacques Taylor around to prove that there are people dumber and more incompetent that Calvin. Nick Eatman might be in that category also.

Reaction score
GRRRRRRRRRRRR.
No question to me that Terrence Williams has earned the #2 receiver spot. And Austin should be #3.

But given that the team is usually in 3 receiver sets anyway, it doesn't really make that much difference. The guy losing playing time will be Beasley.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
No question to me that Terrence Williams has earned the #2 receiver spot. And Austin should be #3.

But given that the team is usually in 3 receiver sets anyway, it doesn't really make that much difference. The guy losing playing time will be Beasley.

Austin is better when healthy right now.

Given how this offense has produced lately, we need Austin back starting.

lwehlers

Reaction score
GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Williams has not earned the the number 2 spot yet to me. he been having trouble beating man corner coverage in the last two weeks and disappearing in parts of games. he seems to get most of his catches in zone coverage.