Prayer Request Cowboy Nation

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Here’s a little update of my situation. My latest CT scan revealed growth in existing tumors and additional new ones. They discontinued the chemo treatment I’ve been going through over the past year since it’s not been effective, primarily because my cancer has mutated. I’m now taking a chemo pill called Stivarga. I take 4 a day for 21 days, skip 7 days, and start up a new 21 days. I’m currently on the second cycle of the pills. After the third cycle they’ll do another scan to see if the treatment has had any positive effect. If not, they will look at clinical trials. I had an appointment at the Vanderbilt Cancer Center this week. My oncologist there said there are two clinical trials that I’m a match for that start sometime after the new year. My guess is I’ll be put in one of those. It’s the last ditch effort when all else fails. That’s all I’ve got for now.

Keep the faith brother, new treatments come out all the time, might just be the one that helps you.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here’s a little update of my situation. My latest CT scan revealed growth in existing tumors and additional new ones. They discontinued the chemo treatment I’ve been going through over the past year since it’s not been effective, primarily because my cancer has mutated. I’m now taking a chemo pill called Stivarga. I take 4 a day for 21 days, skip 7 days, and start up a new 21 days. I’m currently on the second cycle of the pills. After the third cycle they’ll do another scan to see if the treatment has had any positive effect. If not, they will look at clinical trials. I had an appointment at the Vanderbilt Cancer Center this week. My oncologist there said there are two clinical trials that I’m a match for that start sometime after the new year. My guess is I’ll be put in one of those. It’s the last ditch effort when all else fails. That’s all I’ve got for now.
Keep up the fight! Salud....

John813

Reaction score
Yea, I expected the worst when he never logged back in by the start of the season.

Don't know if there was anyone on here that had contacted him for a more direct way to reach him/talked to him.