CFZ Pre-Camp Thoughts, and My Pet Cats Going In

McMicah

Reaction score
I have this completely unrealistic faith in so many guys taking steps this year. The question is, who is gonna disappoint?

- I think Sam Williams is gonna go off
- I think Osa is gonna start getting some respect around the league
- I think Damone Clark is gonna make LVE fear for his job
- I think Bland is gonna prove he’s not a fluke
- I think Tony Pollard is gonna make all you ‘don’t pay RBs’ folks open your wallets
- I think Gallup is gonna play like his career depends on it (cause it does)
- I think Tyler Smith is going to be terrifying

I don’t think any of these things are unreasonable. BUT what if you add any 2 of the following:
- Mazi serves as an instant upgrade as a 1T and has some rushing juice
- Fehoko finds out his calling was always 3T
- Schoon ends up Better than Schultz year 1
- Tex coast works oddly well for Dak
- The lightbulb comes on for Tolbert
- The lightbulb comes on for our resident rapper CB
- Eric Scott proves he was worthy of the trade up
- any UDFA shocks us

….This team…for the first time in a long time, I think this team has the juice to do it

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me pet cats are players that are later round picks or UDFA's, PS players from the previous season(s). Or a late round pick from a previous season.
Or maybe some will call them dark horse players.

So is there a difference between a pet cat and a dark horse players. I can see that. So I can see why a fan will say Overshown (use him as an example) as he is expected to contribute. So to me I would not put him on my list. Other will and that is perfectly fine.
Now, Simi Fehoko or Tolbert at WR, I can see, Fehoko has not played much and a late round pick. And Tolbert, for me last year I would not have picked him. Because he was a 3rd round pick. But since he struggled, he could quality for the way I look at it.

I can't say if anyone stands out to me at this point. Maybe a player emerges during TC. I like a few, but they already received so much hype, I will not choose them, such as Deuce and Luepke, though I will be rooting for them to do very well, as I do all players.

Maybe I will be completely different this year. I will go for now with an OL... is this a first ever for the CZ (an OL as a pet cat?) .... Waletzgo ...

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I have this completely unrealistic faith in so many guys taking steps this year. The question is, who is gonna disappoint?

- I think Sam Williams is gonna go off
- I think Osa is gonna start getting some respect around the league
- I think Damone Clark is gonna make LVE fear for his job
- I think Bland is gonna prove he’s not a fluke
- I think Tony Pollard is gonna make all you ‘don’t pay RBs’ folks open your wallets
- I think Gallup is gonna play like his career depends on it (cause it does)
- I think Tyler Smith is going to be terrifying

I don’t think any of these things are unreasonable. BUT what if you add any 2 of the following:
- Mazi serves as an instant upgrade as a 1T and has some rushing juice
- Fehoko finds out his calling was always 3T
- Schoon ends up Better than Schultz year 1
- Tex coast works oddly well for Dak
- The lightbulb comes on for Tolbert
- The lightbulb comes on for our resident rapper CB
- Eric Scott proves he was worthy of the trade up
- any UDFA shocks us

….This team…for the first time in a long time, I think this team has the juice to do it
Bold statements. Pollard, Gallup and Texas toast have me doubtful.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are ways to burn over aggressive run blitzing Ds, the smart teams are and have been doing it for awhile.
Having hands coming out of the back field, and TEs that can block and catch, can hide alot of weakness on an OL,
Just quick execution with an actual design, not a 4-5 second designed scheme, just quick execution with YAC.
That is what this offensive roster reflects currently, but this OL is far from average.
If I get your drift....I agree...barring injuries we have a capable o-line. We need the TE to get some hands on them. I want the FB/RB to participate too...just not heavily rely on them.

Hopefully Mike has the plan.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have to admit that I am probably more excited about the UDRF this year than any previous year. It is quite possible all of Luepke, Land, Wheat, Bostick and Bass make the team

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I have to admit that I am probably more excited about the UDRF this year than any previous year. It is quite possible all of Luepke, Land, Wheat, Bostick and Bass make the team
Yeah Bostick and bass are real intriguing. LUEPKE I’m betting on. Delete around an undrafted are the ones that traditionally I have seen this pet cats