Pre Combine Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by LatinMind, Feb 18, 2020.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

15,506 Messages
    9,250 Likes Received

RELEASE

Cameron Fleming, Tyrone Crawford

RESTRUCTURE
    Zack Martin, Tyron Smith

RE-SIGN AND TENDER
    Dak Prescott, Robert Quinn, LP Ladouceur, Malcolm Smith, Blake Jarwin, Randall Cobb

FRANCHISE TAG AND TRADE
    Amari Cooper traded to IND
    Dallas gets IND 13 overall and 34 overall and IND gets 17 overall and Amari Cooper

FREEAGENCY
    HaHa Clinton Dix S, Tyeler Davison NT, Sheldon Day DT, Geronimo Allison WR, Brett Hundley QB

DRAFT

ROUND1(IND)
    Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

ROUND2(IND)
    Jalen Reagor WR TCU

ROUND2
    Kristian Fulton CB LSU

ROUND3
    Thaddeus Moss TE LSU

ROUND4
    Shyheim Carter CB Bama

ROUND5
    Alex Taylor T Auburn

ROUND7
    Rodrigo Blankenship K Georgia

2020 STARTERS

QB Dak Prescott
    RB Ezekiel Elliot
    WR Michael Gallup
    WR Jalen Reagor
    WR Randall Cobb
    TE Blake Jarwin
    LT Tyron Smith
    LG Conner Williams
    C Travis Frederick
    RG Zack Martin
    RT La'el Collins

LDE DeMarcus Lawrence
    DT Javon Kinlaw
    NT Tyeler Davison
    RDE Robert Quinn
    LB Leighton Vander Esch
    LB Jaylon Smith
    LCB Chidobe Awuzie
    RCB Kristian Fulton
    SLOT Jourdan Lewis
    FS Ha Ha Clinton Dix
    SS Xavier Woods

Aven8, Rockport and morasp like this.
  2. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

1,628 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    I’d be okay with that but it’s predicated on a trade that gets us more than the Panthers got for Clowney.

3. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

1,812 Messages
    1,385 Likes Received
    Panthers/Clowney? Did I miss something?

Irvin88_4life and chagus like this.
  4. cnuball21

cnuball21 Well-Known Member

2,521 Messages
    1,659 Likes Received
    There is no way we’d get a 1st and 2nd for a year rental of Cooper.

5. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

1,628 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Oops, I meant Texans.

6. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

399 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    Very unrealistic. We traded a late #1 pick for Cooper, now we are getting far more compensation when a team also has to resign him to a large contract. Fulton is considered the #2 CB in the class, there is no chance he is available late in rd 2. Appreciate the work putting this together, but it needs to be a bit more realistic.

7. numnuts23

numnuts23 Well-Known Member

2,583 Messages
    943 Likes Received
    You are trading up a couple spots and getting a 2nd only. Doesn't seem too unrealistic

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  8. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

40,318 Messages
    59,130 Likes Received
    We'd be giving them 17 as well.

9. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

40,318 Messages
    59,130 Likes Received
    I'd take this in a heartbeat. Sheldon Day is an interesting name I have not seen mentioned much in FA. Also, you and I seem to be in a small minority on Clinton-Dix. I'd love him here.

Mr_437 likes this.
  10. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

7,228 Messages
    6,424 Likes Received
    I played a draft game simulator (first pick) the other day and it had Tua and Hebert there when we picked at 17. Had a lot of good trade offers but turned them down and went with Tua. Really like that kid(like Dak too but Tua skill set I think is better). Now that is really unrealistic because both of those qbs will not fall out of the top ten.

11. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

1,827 Messages
    2,646 Likes Received
    I like the trade up with Indy to get a shot at Kinlaw, but I don't see Indy making that deal even if we don't ask for their 2nd round pick.

Everybody in the world knows the Cowboys will be looking for a DT. Kinlaw could go as high as 8 but I don;t think he gets past the Raiders at 12. I also think is he gets to 12, the Raiders will be willing be getting a lot of calls from teams looking to leapfrog the Cowboys. This assumes Kinlaw gets a clean bill of health at the combine and does not do miserably in the combine drills.

12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

18,489 Messages
    17,349 Likes Received
    I like it
    Only difference I would have is that I would get the best TE I can find in FA to pair with Jarwin

13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,322 Messages
    9,672 Likes Received
    This team, again, is worse.

I like this draft, unrealistic as it is, but you can't lose both Jones and Cooper and expect to be better. Kinlaw is the only upgrade, and you've gotten considerably worse at corner and WR.

dallas72 likes this.
  14. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Zone Supporter

835 Messages
    999 Likes Received
    I'd trade Cooper for Kinlaw solely because when Cooper's on, he's unstoppable, but when he's not, he disappears. Are we certain Kinlaw isn't off the board at 13?

PS- I like Cooper, both as a player and a man. His play is spotty though.

15. rickster14

rickster14 Active Member

182 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Alex Taylor is NOT from Auburn

16. Paintrain4978

Paintrain4978 Active Member

242 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Don’t think Fulton is gonna be there in the 2nd. He’s arguably the 2nd best CB in the draft after Okudah.

I love the Kinlaw and Reagor picks.

17. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

3,039 Messages
    949 Likes Received

Fulton in the 2nd and Moss in the 3rd probably not happening

18. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,628 Messages
    20,424 Likes Received
    Like almost everything except Hundley. That dude is trash and can’t throw

19. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

41,208 Messages
    18,894 Likes Received
    With this being a deep wide receiver draft, I don't see the Colts trading us for Cooper when they could get a younger, faster, less expensive Cooper in Jerry Juedy and keep their second round pick.

But, hey, fantasies are what mock drafts are all about. :thumbup:

20. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

15,506 Messages
    9,250 Likes Received
    Whats unrealistic?

Cooper holds alot of trade value.

Think the team would spread the ball out more with a better coaching staff, eliminating the need for a guy like Cooper. When they were spreading it out they were at their best. I really like Cooper but i would rather this team pay big for Gallup. You end up paying Cooper you probably lose Gallup later. You lose Cooper you probably end up with Kinlaw and Reagor. That makes alot more sense for me.

Id take Gallup, Reagor, Cobb, Devin Smith, Cedrick Wilson all for the price less then Cooper's cost.

That 19 mil youre going to spend on Cooper could add Cobb, and probably keep a player like Quinn.

Byron Jones gives up less than Awuzie because Richard would cover Jones with help. Awuzie was left on a island. Jones gives up big down catches. Teams would run inside routes on Jones and were constant first downs.

I dare you to go rewatch games from 2018, and 2019 and dont think about PFF rankings, and just watch him and you will see he might not give up alot of receptions. But in big moments he will give it up.

in 2018 down the stretch 3 last games of the yr and the playoffs, Dallas def gave up 5 TD passes, Jones gave up 3.

Jones is very athletic, but he's not a good CB. He doesnt read the QB well. He doesnt play the ball. He doesnt fit the role McCarthy and Nolan want their DBs to play. If you go back on both of these coaches defenses they have DBs who attack the ball and get turnovers.

Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, and you can even throw Heath in there as players that play the way they want them to.