Pre-game Pep Talk for Zoners

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s finally here. The games that matter are about to start. Finally, all the offseason stuff- the draft, FA, training camp, preseason games are over…it’s now the start of what really matters.

So as we start the season my fellow Cowboys fans, here’s a quick list of tips to enjoy the season around here:
  • Enjoy the ride. Should be another wild and fun season.
  • Keep your head. Win or lose.
  • Respect your fellow Cowboys fans. Agree or disagree. Period.
  • Your opinions are welcome here. Insults and name calling are not.
  • If you disagree with an opinion, say why you disagree without the venom.
  • To insult and name call is a sign of weakness, not strength.
  • Have a sense of humor.
Now let’s go have a great season! Go Cowboys!!!!!

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s finally here. The games that matter are about to start. Finally, all the offseason stuff- the draft, FA, training camp, preseason games are over…it’s now the start of what really matters.

So as we start the season my fellow Cowboys fans, here’s a quick list of tips to enjoy the season around here:
  • Have a sense of humor.
:clap::clap::thumbup:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

• Have a sense of humor.
And just to be clear, your boss said hater and troll is not name calling.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

• Have a sense of humor.
To promote goodwill I think you should rent a convention center in the Dallas area and host a party for all of us. Nothing fancy, just prime rib (wagyu of course) and an open bar. Probably too late to get that worked out this week, but maybe next week.

You're right, win or lose, let's have fun. That's the point of being a fan after all. Even embrace the frustration if they don't do well. That's part of the experience too, and always a possibility with competition, both as a player and a fan.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To promote goodwill I think you should rent a convention center in the Dallas area and host a party for all of us. Nothing fancy, just prime rib (wagyu of course) and an open bar. Probably too late to get that worked out this week, but maybe next week.

You're right, win or lose, let's have fun. That's the point of being a fan after all. Even embrace the frustration if they don't do well. That's part of the experience too, and always a possibility with competition, both as a player and a fan.
That sounds like a jam. Can you write the check to cover the expenses brother? I’m pretty sure you’ll be reimbursed!
:thumbup:

blueblood70

Reaction score
hmmm ill try my best but cant make promises, looks like ill have to add to my ignore list by 10pm that's for sure..

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

• Have a sense of humor.
I moved past the "We're going to the Super Bowl!" mindset long ago and it has made each new season for the Cowboys a fun ride because I have no expectations.

Eventually the Cowboys will win another Super Bowl .. maybe it will be this year or maybe in 25 more years, but eventually they will.

Regardless, I will enjoy the journey because no matter what happened the previous season, every new season is a blank slate.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I moved past the "We're going to the Super Bowl!" mindset long ago and it has made each new season for the Cowboys a fun ride because I have no expectations.

Eventually the Cowboys will win another Super Bowl .. maybe it will be this year or maybe in 25 more years, but eventually they will.

Regardless, I will enjoy the journey because no matter what happened the previous season, every new season is a blank slate.
As I get older, the ride itself is as enjoyable as the outcomes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

• Have a sense of humor.
I would add to that 2nd one and last one. Remember, it's just a game. Games are supposed to be fun. And should they lose, you didn't lose, they did.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Nice pep talk, partner. You have Ranching fired up with multiple Garrett sucks ready to type. Risen is primed and ready with snarky commentary. GP is arming himself with snappy one liners to add color to the game thread. Couchcoach is shaving a star into what's left of his hairline and learning to talk backwards to counter Risen. Dak Attack is studiously considering his next Alarcon thread.

Feel free to add any I've left out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would add to that I was able to make the move from spoiled fan to just fan. Time was, it was all about my lofty expectations being met. Now, I don't have any.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I wish more fans would realize this. Instead of constantly binging up the last 25 years on a constant basis.
I get the frustration. But 25 years is not real. Did anyone really think from the late 90's and especially after the triplets were gone were going to be contenders.
I did not expect them to be good until at least 2005 or so to build back up. So really it has been more like 12 to 15 years.

So I take each seasons it is, one season at a time and look forward. Looking back does nothing.
Look not what may have been or what you lost, look at what you have, and could have again. And there is a lot going for the plus side right now.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That sounds like a jam. Can you write the check to cover the expenses brother? I’m pretty sure you’ll be reimbursed!
:thumbup:
Doesn't this site have a slush fund for that sort of thing?

Speaking of that, I've probably been coasting too long. Can you send me info on how to become a supporter?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish more fans would realize this. Instead of constantly binging up the last 25 years on a constant basis.
I get the frustration. But 25 years is not real. Did anyone really think from the late 90's and especially after the triplets were gone were going to be contenders.
I did not expect them to be good until at least 2005 or so to build back up. So really it has been more like 12 to 15 years.

So I take each seasons it is, one season at a time and look forward. Looking back does nothing.
Look not what may have been or what you lost, look at what you have, and could have again. And there is a lot going for the plus side right now.
Couldn't agree more, that 25 years thing gets driven into the ground and not all of those 25 were bad years. They weren't SB but they were still good.

I picked them to go 4-12 in 2014 and they got homefield, an excellent season for a fan expecting a top 5 draft pick.

Then we get 2016 with a rookie QB shining unlike we've ever had one shine.

At what point do fans stop feeling the Cowboys belong in the SB or the NFCCG every season in order for that to be a good season? They've made those 25 years into one long bad season.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't this site have a slush fund for that sort of thing?

Speaking of that, I've probably been coasting too long. Can you send me info on how to become a supporter?
Look in the upper right corner of the main page. There should be a link there that says “Donate”.