Game Day ***Pre-season Cowboys vs Cards post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamma

Reaction score
- Looney was solid. Liked his block when he pulled to the right.
- Our two boundary corners were very good
- Or LB's were good, encouraging signs from the bottom of the 53 at LB
- Some really good D-line play, Crawford did well as a 3-T
- Lenoir simply can't be on ST. Two years in a row he's been a disaster.
- Rod Smith was trying to do too much with that hurdle, otherwise solid
- Our WR's were owned by a good DB unit
- No surprise our 3rd unit O-line is deplorable
- Safety option just got worse with Fraizer likely to miss time

Not so sure about the bold. I think it had more to do with Cooper Rush than anything else. Neither Rush or White are NFL ready. Rush probably never will be, and White still needs a lot of work. Not to mention Chaz causing a lot of havoc in our backfield.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
matt cassel said he was in dallas 2 weeks and no one even worked with him, just gave him a playbook lol.
It is a sign of poor coaching and bad organization.
Watching them tonight , they look like they dont practice much or learn much.
Each team we play their bkups are way better than ours. Cant be coincidence.

When I went to the Seattle game last year...pre-game warm ups...I was shocked there wasn't a single coach out there w/ the players. It was just a free for all....players half @#$ it all over the field. I knew we were in trouble from that point on. And it's prety much carried over into this season. Garrett has lost this team. They are not gonna play for him. They see right through this scharade.:rolleyes:

Carson

Reaction score

Grades 2 and 3: A Grade 2 injury takes about 3-4 weeks to fully heal, and a grade 3 injury takes up to eight weeksto heal. No surgery is required; however range of motion is restricted. Grades 4-6: The joint has to be surgically repaired.

So he’s not playing week one

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We need to do something about QB right now. Anything.

ndzwdN

Kellen Moore...ace in the hole. We can sign him in a moments notice...and he knows the system.;)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grades 2 and 3: A Grade 2 injury takes about 3-4 weeks to fully heal, and a grade 3 injury takes up to eight weeksto heal. No surgery is required; however range of motion is restricted. Grades 4-6: The joint has to be surgically repaired.

Unless you are Emmitt Smith.
You play the 2nd half and OT, then 2 weeks rest, then 2 playoff games, then a SB.

Maybe Kevon can find his inner Emmitt.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Yup...been down that road myself. And honestly...your not ever the same for the rest of the season. We are in need of an in the box strong safety now...:banghead:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore...ace in the hole. We can sign him in a moments notice...and he knows the system.;)

He may be the reason Rush has regressed and White is taking longer to settle down.
Hope thos,is not a sign Dak will regress.

Flamma

Reaction score
I will never accept what the coaching staff put on the field tonight even from 2nd and 3rd stringers. Sure, the starting O's and D's have looked good to me too but you can tell how poor the coaching is by seeing the crud the 2nd and 3rd stringers put out there. This "process" stuff is garbage because I don't see any signs of a system after the first tier players. They seem ignored. I don't think that is good.

Think about it, how many points have we scored with Rush or White in at QB with a bunch of backup offensive lineman? Chaz Green can ruin 5 drives all by himself. If the QB and OL are broken, I don't care what coach you have, it's not going to look good. I know there was more to it than that, but that's the main reason.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score

Jerry hasn't seen the x-rays yet, so he hasn't graded the injury......

Status
Not open for further replies.