Pre-season Is Important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I've had enough about how pre-season games are not Important! THEY ARE!

Let me start off this posts by saying all of the cliches' that you C'boys and many other misguided fans seem to believe are applicable to pre-season games ...

Pre-seasons games don't mean anything ...
Pre-season games don't count
...they're meaningless Games
...when are we going to lear that pre-season games do not mean doom
...it's only a "pre-season game" ...
...a loss in a pre-season game does Not hold the same significance as a ...

***IIWYA?

Pre-season games are important for many reasons ...

...when you loose, it tells you what areas you need to strengthen/what players to cut (let's get another C'boy cliche' out of the way ...is that how the Eagles felt after their loss...)

...when you win, it tells you what players are first string, what players made the team, what are your solid areas

Winning brings confidence -- just ask the Houston Texans. They believe they have bragging rights in Texas ...and you know what ...

Winning is a momentum going into the regular season. Some people have said that even if a team looses 3 games -- that last game is the most important because it launches you into the regular season if you win; team spirits are high, and winning is contagious. Loosing that last game drags you down, you have to find the winning spirit all over again.

How important is risking your key players, the players you believe will get you to the big show, in a game you feel is so insignificant?

You're all hypocrites if you suggest for one minute that the game (pre-season
or Otherwise) that brings a season-ending injury to one of your star players,
wasn't an important game. I'll Bet it was important enough for that injured player!)

Getting the rust off
Tweaking the defense/offense/special teams, etc
Finding out how another team reacts to your offensive/defensive strategy
Shaking off the cob webs

Listen, I'm trying to edify you C'boy fans into realizing that you'd better take notice to the pre-season game "writings on the wall."

I'll check back with you when you get the next important pre-season game under your spurs. :cool:

Reaction score
C’boy fan quotes about the unimportance of Preseason games

... The games mean nothing how players perform as they try to make this club

If Pre-season means that much tell tell me why are teams that will be sitting at the bottom of their division the ones who do so well during pre-season? (SIC)

preseason? Thats just so stupid since it has no bearing on how good the team is...

most teams are more concerned with evaluating talent than the final outcome of a game.

Stupid is also thinking preseason means anything

This came from a c’boy moderator (not the Brain) ... Who cares what the pre-season record is? Means absolutely nothing.

Why don't you go ask some smart philthy fans if preseason is for anything but evaluation. Its common sense, though, I can understand why you wouldn't be able to understand.
_
I see, so you lack intelligence also. The point is a ****ty team can go 4-0 and just as easily 0-4. The patriots could go 0-4 and noone would care. You know why? Because the 2nd and 3rd strincg play a huge majority of the time.

Pre-season games are important. :cool:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pre-season games ARE important for SOME reasons.

However the Win/Loss record means nothing...because that win/loss record is NOT part of the regular season.

Guess how many pre-season games the cowboys won in Troy Aikman's rookie year?....and then went on to win only ONE game all of the REGULAR season.

Guess how many pre-season games the cowboys won in their season of their second superbowl in the 90's....yet they won the superbowl that year.

Guess what the score was with our first pre-season game last year was vs the Cardinals....yet we still went 10-6 in the regular season and a trip to the playoffs.

Pre-Season games mean plenty in injuries, evaluations, getting some exp for players, working on timing for players, working on some schemes.....yet at the end of the day those Win/Loss records in pre-season mean nothing.

And for the record...I find it idiotic that some cowboys fans will rip on the Commanders and eagles for pre-season losses....just as I hate how they over react to their own team when it happens.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ARMEGEDDON EAGLE.....CLEAN OUT YOUR PMs.....I am trying to send you one but your inbox is full.

Let me know when you have cleaned some out.

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Pre-season games ARE important for SOME reasons.

However the Win/Loss record means nothing...because that win/loss record is NOT part of the regular season.

Guess how many pre-season games the cowboys won in Troy Aikman's rookie year?....and then went on to win only ONE game all of the REGULAR season.

Guess how many pre-season games the cowboys won in their season of their second superbowl in the 90's....yet they won the superbowl that year.

Guess what the score was with our first pre-season game last year was vs the Cardinals....yet we still went 10-6 in the regular season and a trip to the playoffs.

Pre-Season games mean plenty in injuries, evaluations, getting some exp for players, working on timing for players, working on some schemes.....yet at the end of the day those Win/Loss records in pre-season mean nothing.

And for the record...I find it idiotic that some cowboys fans will rip on the Commanders and eagles for pre-season losses....just as I hate how they over react to their own team when it happens.

Understand. :eek: