Predict the 2024 record - schedule looks brutal

Mark

Reaction score
Pretty sure my prediction for this season was 9-8, so I'm obviously no good at this exercise.

Aven8

Reaction score
Who can tell when we don’t know who is on the team yet?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Like I keep saying, half of this board would rather lose games lol
Not true. But winning in the regular season should never be the standard. Winning championships should be the standard. If you watch that team that went 12-5 and completely lay down during the playoffs and say that was ok because we won 12 games, you should be ashamed of yourself as a fan. When they went 1-15, it was horrible but you could see the fight in that team, they scrapped, they just were not very good. But you could see what was being built. So I felt better after the 1-15 season then I do after this season. This current team is cowardly, led by their biggest coward, number 4. This team has no heart, no fight. Hard to be excited about them, they are losers and will never be considered a threat as long as number 4 and MM are "leading" them.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not true. But winning in the regular season should never be the standard. Winning championships should be the standard. If you watch that team that went 12-5 and completely lay down during the playoffs and say that was ok because we won 12 games, you should be ashamed of yourself as a fan. When they went 1-15, it was horrible but you could see the fight in that team, they scrapped, they just were not very good. But you could see what was being built. So I felt better after the 1-15 season then I do after this season. This current team is cowardly, led by their biggest coward, number 4. This team has no heart, no fight. Hard to be excited about them, they are losers and will never be considered a threat as long as number 4 and MM are "leading" them.
"I would rather be 1-15 than 12-5"

The idea that a 1-15 team with "hope" is closer to winning a championship than a 12-5 team is preposterous.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I think something like 9-8 and a wildcard playoff. They could still do well and build the team. Keeping Dak, Ceedee and Micah would be big. Then the easiest way to improve is go OL and a RB, right off the bat they probably improve the running game. Move Pollard back to 3rd down RB and bulk Mazi up, but definitely get a late round NT. They also need a DE and a MLB so it would be nice to move Parsons back to MLB.

Creeper

Reaction score
We have no idea what any of these teams will be next year, including Dallas. In fact, a tougher schedule may help them.

I want to make a point about their 2023 schedule. It's true they feasted on bad team, but they didn't just win those games, most of them were blowouts. The Cowboys are a good team too, but for some reason some fans refuse to accept it.

At 3 players to this team going into 2024 and they could be a completely different team.

bigE79

Reaction score
Since our record against winning teams and playing on the road sucks,I see 7 wins but in saying that,we have to beat the stealers somehow,it's personal for me.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No high draft picks, salary cap hell, likely Dak Extension, CD becoming the highest paid WR in NFL history, Micah becoming the highest paid EDGE and MM staying as HC aswell as the Jones doing what the Jones do, you just have to feel its gonna be a tough year.

We had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year, feasted on it and got smacked in the face facing good teams (SF, Bills, Packers).

2024 Schedule looks brutal besides the NFCE

2x Giants
2x WASH
2x Eagles

Home Games
vs. Saints (almost Playoff Team this season)
vs. TB (Playoff Team this season)
vs. Ravens (AFCG 2023, likely SB Appearance this season)
vs. Bengals (Joe Burrow back, winning record this season)
vs. Lions (NFCG this season)
vs. Houston (Playoff Team this season, likely contender for the next years with CJ Stroud)

Away
@ SF (NFCG, likely SB Appearance this season) -> Yearly smack in the face
@ Browns (Playoff Team this season, tough Defense)
@ Steelers (Playoff Team this season)
@ Jags (Free W)
@ Falcons (good home team, finished 7-10)

I feel like we split with WASH and the Eagles, win twice against the Giants.
Beat Saints at home, TB is 50/50, the Rest we are underdogs in our own house

Away only gimmick is Jags and maybe Falcons.

I see 8-9 or 9-8 at best especially with another weak draft, no improvements from the 2023 class and another JAG shopping Free Agency.
thanks for early schedule,
I doubt they get 12 wins in 24.
This does look harder our soft baby divas and goofy mike calling plays etc, will struggle.
The jags can easily beat cowboys, did the last time they played, and atlanta if they get BB they can beat dallas too.

BigD_95

Reaction score
No high draft picks, salary cap hell, likely Dak Extension, CD becoming the highest paid WR in NFL history, Micah becoming the highest paid EDGE and MM staying as HC aswell as the Jones doing what the Jones do, you just have to feel its gonna be a tough year.

We had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL this year, feasted on it and got smacked in the face facing good teams (SF, Bills, Packers).

2024 Schedule looks brutal besides the NFCE

2x Giants
2x WASH
2x Eagles

Home Games
vs. Saints (almost Playoff Team this season)
vs. TB (Playoff Team this season)
vs. Ravens (AFCG 2023, likely SB Appearance this season)
vs. Bengals (Joe Burrow back, winning record this season)
vs. Lions (NFCG this season)
vs. Houston (Playoff Team this season, likely contender for the next years with CJ Stroud)

Away
@ SF (NFCG, likely SB Appearance this season) -> Yearly smack in the face
@ Browns (Playoff Team this season, tough Defense)
@ Steelers (Playoff Team this season)
@ Jags (Free W)
@ Falcons (good home team, finished 7-10)

I feel like we split with WASH and the Eagles, win twice against the Giants.
Beat Saints at home, TB is 50/50, the Rest we are underdogs in our own house

Away only gimmick is Jags and maybe Falcons.

I see 8-9 or 9-8 at best especially with another weak draft, no improvements from the 2023 class and another JAG shopping Free Agency.

We should cut Dak and take the full hit next year and use it as a throw away season to see what Dallas has in Lance. Worst case, we have a top pick to draft a QB. Best case, Lance turns out to be the man and then build around him. Dallas needs to get out from Dak

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
"I would rather be 1-15 than 12-5"

The idea that a 1-15 team with "hope" is closer to winning a championship than a 12-5 team is preposterous.
When did I say I would rather be 1-15 vs 12-5. The answer, never. you should read the words that are written not the words you want it to say. And yes, that 1-15 team was closer in 1989, then the 2023 12-5 team. This team is not going to win a championship in the next 3 years with the QB they are about to extend.

StarLord

Reaction score
As of this moment, I'm going to to 9-8, missing the playoffs with a floor of 7 wins and a ceiling of 11 wins. MM gets released, and we regret the Dak extension that happens before the 2024 season starts.. oh and we've missed out on BB, Harbaugh or Vrabel.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Maybe having a tougher schedule will prepare us better for the playoffs. As on any year, injuries for our team as well as our opponents will always play into the wins and losses.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really think Dallas probably wins 11 or 12 games again next season. There are enough average-bad teams on that list to make up those wins.

This schedule really isn't much tougher than it was this year.

I assume they will go 5-1 and maybe even 6-0 in the division like always.