Predict the season record. I say 10-7

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only games I view as not being winnable are the Bucs and Chiefs. That doesn't mean I think the Cowboys will win all the others, but I don't see anything that scares me about the others either.

I'm going to go with 11-6, but that will require some improvement from the defense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No idea but I predict we'll all be thinking the rookies should play on Day 1 over the vets they'd replace once we see them in pre-season but instead many will be benched, let go or sent to PS much to the consternation of many of us fans. But nothing new here on Jerry's team. "aaarrrrmmmmm I'm only playing the most expensive players to get my money's worth arrrrrmmm....back to drinking.Who cares about talent! It's my money and my madden game rrrrmauummmm hiccup.":popcorn:
Hey Catiii !
Yes this is true, but it is standard football mentality, it happens on most other teams too.
Starters, especially those that have had a good year or 2, attain a magical status ! lol
They are hard to unseat because they have experience , and coaches and owners think that the player will magically be the good version
again at any moment lol.

Elliot is a good example, had a good year in 2016, and jerry still thinks he is that same guy, or that magically 2016 elliot will
show up again at any moment. That ship has sailed but jerry think and sees it sitting there in the harbor lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Thanksgiving Day. 1969. 24-24 vs San Francisco in the Cotton Bowl. A 12 year-old me watched the game on Our black and white TV sick as a dog with the flu. The tie didn’t make me feel any better.
So a very long time since they had a tie!

catiii

Reaction score
7 wins. Maximum. 7-10 or worse. This culture hasn't changed one bit and never will with two Arkansas bogans running it. I'll put my money on the 25 year streak.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If nobody gets hurt, we could win 11 games. But, this is the NFL and people will get injured..........and we are paper thin particularly on defense. So, I'm expecting 7-8 wins.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Is it just me or do these predictions seem awful skeptical for a team that in the words of many just signed an All World Franchise QB to an extension?

Couldn't you get these results with pretty much anyone?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Is it just me or do these predictions seem awful skeptical for a team that in the words of many just signed an All World Franchise QB to an extension?

Couldn't you get these results with pretty much anyone?
Well that isnt all due to dak, it is a combination of things.
If you ask jerry, he would say 13-4.
but I was surprised at how many have said 9 wins or less.
My main concern is with the hc and staff, not the players.
and also the culture in cowboy land.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well that isnt all due to dak, it is a combination of things.
If you ask jerry, he would say 13-4.
but I was surprised at how many have said 9 wins or less.
My main concern is with the hc and staff, not the players.
and also the culture in cowboy land.

No, results don't all fall on any one player not even the QB.
Yeah, from the commenters that say Dak is elite and the rest of the NFC East will be a dumpster fire, you would think 9-7 would be worst case scenario for those folks. (I don't believe either of those assumptions by the way)
Having been disappointed too many times yet hoping for change, I can argue for most any outcome. Until I see a better product on the field, around .500 is the safe zone for me.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
so if 90,000 show up for first home game, I wonder what they are thinking??
probably more than most here think?
Maybe they dont think anything, they just go to the game, and if cowboys are losing they just play with their phones lol.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Lol I barely got past the 1st page. Most of you are so blinded by your optimism.

This team hasn't really deviated from being a 50/50 team. Occasional odd year aside, they are 50/50 doesn't matter who the coach, QB, or defense is.

They will have a fire lit under them this year but they will still finish either 7-10, 8-9, or 9-8.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
The offense should be healthier and the defense couldn't possibly be any worse...

That being said, I am not overly optimistic because I know better than to get my hopes up about this team.

9-8 seems about right. Very seldom can this team play well on offense, defense, and special teams IN THE SAME GAME.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lol I barely got past the 1st page. Most of you are so blinded by your optimism.

This team hasn't really deviated from being a 50/50 team. Occasional odd year aside, they are 50/50 doesn't matter who the coach, QB, or defense is.

They will have a fire lit under them this year but they will still finish either 7-10, 8-9, or 9-8.
Well if you had scrolled all the pages, you would have seen that most said 7-10, 8-9, or 9-8 and some 10-7's.

I think they should do good enough to get into playoffs, not optimism, just how I see it.

The difference between 8-9 and 10-7 is just 2 games/wins.
New DC, bunch of new Def players, and Dak back should get them to 10 wins.

Hadenough

Reaction score

2021 Cowboys schedule
predictions
1: at Buccaneers_L
2: at Chargers_W
3: Eagles_W
4: Panthers_W
5: Giants_W
6: at Patriots_L

7: Bye

8: at Vikings_L
9: Broncos_W
10: Falcons_W
11: at Chiefs_L
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving)_W
13: at Saints _L
14: at Washington_L

10-7 should get cowboys in playoffs, either as WC or Div champ.
I kinda think 2 teams might end up tied, and div goes to team with tiebreaker.
hasnt happened in long time, so it is due.
15: at Giants_L
16: Washington_W
17: Cardinals_W
18: at Eagles_W
10-7
Of course anything could happen, but looking at last 2 seasons, and how they started 1st 4 games last year,
10-7 would be marked improvement.
Pretty much agree with most but they won't beat the Cardinals and I think they lose both games to Washington. So that would make my prediction 8-9.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Pretty much agree with most but they won't beat the Cardinals and I think they lose both games to Washington. So that would make my prediction 8-9.
The wash games are so close together, one team, the one doing the best at that point, could win both.
So it just depends on how each team is playing at that point.
The cards are a up and down team, and their defense hasnt been that good either.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The wash games are so close together, one team, the one doing the best at that point, could win both.
So it just depends on how each team is playing at that point.
The cards are a up and down team, and their defense hasnt been that good either.
The reason I think they lose both Wash games is its at the end of the year and we know Tyron will be a shell of himself if not out and Zeke will be worn down. Not to mention the Wash team defense strength is getting after the passer. But your right about whos healthier. The Cards game is all about Tyler Murray. That guy is unstoppable and they throttled Dallas last time. The best thing Dallas has going for it is the revamped defense. I just dont trust the Cowboys to be as good as they should be.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score

2021 Cowboys schedule
predictions
1: at Buccaneers_L
2: at Chargers_W
3: Eagles_W
4: Panthers_W
5: Giants_W
6: at Patriots_L

7: Bye

8: at Vikings_L
9: Broncos_W
10: Falcons_W
11: at Chiefs_L
12: Raiders (Thanksgiving)_W
13: at Saints _L
14: at Washington_L

10-7 should get cowboys in playoffs, either as WC or Div champ.
I kinda think 2 teams might end up tied, and div goes to team with tiebreaker.
hasnt happened in long time, so it is due.
15: at Giants_L
16: Washington_W
17: Cardinals_W
18: at Eagles_W
10-7
Of course anything could happen, but looking at last 2 seasons, and how they started 1st 4 games last year,
10-7 would be marked improvement.
Sounds about right. imo.