Predict who will introduce future HOFers

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I'm guessing that our own Bill Parcells will introduce Curtis Martin when he's inducted. Those two have some serious man love going on. Martin followed him to the Jets, and then there's that story about the trophy.

Michael Irvin probably owes it to his wife after she's stuck with him through all that. (Yes, cheapshot, I know) It would be cool though to see him pick Jimmy Johnson, the man who brought him through college and the pros.

Emmitt Smith? Emmitt seems like a family guy. I bet pops, his wife, or someone close in the family is going to represent him.

Deion Sanders? Not much of a team guy, can't think of anyone having a big influence on him. Maybe his preacher or whoever turned him to God?

Larry Allen? Really shy and reserved fella. I think Larry is one of the players who might pick Jerry Jones, but I'm sure he'll find an influence from his high school or college days. Probably someone who made him noticeable to the NFL in that little college he played for.

Jerry Jones? There's a small chance he might go to the HOF because of all the changes he has brought. I'm guessing Stephen Jones is the man. Possibly his old lady.

Charles Haley? I know his daughter was really sick and didn't have much of a chance to get through. If she made it, I'm guessing she might be his introduction.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
Really good predictions. Wouldn't it be cool if Emmitt brought in Irvin, or vice versa. I know it probobly won't happen, but they were really good friends. I think you're right about those two, though.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Really good predictions. Wouldn't it be cool if Emmitt brought in Irvin, or vice versa. I know it probobly won't happen, but they were really good friends. I think you're right about those two, though.

You're right, that's one thing I should have mentioned. I think there's a great chance either one will introduce the other. Michael Irvin and Jimmy Johnson were the only ex-Cowboys at Emmitt Smith's roast and I know him and Mike are real close. Emmitt was at Irvin's movie premiere and other events. Even though they all say they're boys with Aikman, you can tell Irvin and Emmitt have a tight bond.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand that Emmitt is pretty close to Walter Payton's son. He might get him for his introduction. That would make quite a statement.

Gameover

Reaction score
Michael Irvin - Jimmy Johnson

Larry Allen - Jerry Jones

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Irvin isn't getting in so he won't need to be introduced.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I'm guessing that our own Bill Parcells will introduce Curtis Martin when he's inducted. Those two have some serious man love going on. Martin followed him to the Jets, and then there's that story about the trophy.

Michael Irvin probably owes it to his wife after she's stuck with him through all that. (Yes, cheapshot, I know) It would be cool though to see him pick Jimmy Johnson, the man who brought him through college and the pros.

Emmitt Smith? Emmitt seems like a family guy. I bet pops, his wife, or someone close in the family is going to represent him.

Deion Sanders? Not much of a team guy, can't think of anyone having a big influence on him. Maybe his preacher or whoever turned him to God?

Larry Allen? Really shy and reserved fella. I think Larry is one of the players who might pick Jerry Jones, but I'm sure he'll find an influence from his high school or college days. Probably someone who made him noticeable to the NFL in that little college he played for.

Jerry Jones? There's a small chance he might go to the HOF because of all the changes he has brought. I'm guessing Stephen Jones is the man. Possibly his old lady.

Charles Haley? I know his daughter was really sick and didn't have much of a chance to get through. If she made it, I'm guessing she might be his introduction.

I bet Deion Sanders would have MC Hammer introduce him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

is there a smilie for "living in fantasy land?"

I've detailed in previous threads why I didn't think 88 would get to the hall. Most prominently, it is because he has some borderline HoF numbers. If you are borderline, you can't afford to have off the field stuff causing folks to be biased against you.

And don't say

a) "but Art Monk has weak numbers" - the worst WR in the hall doesn't set the standard. Yes, Monk probably shouldn't be there -- since he shouldn't be there voters don't see him as the standard.

b) "but the hall is about on the field performance" -- here, in the real world, some voters are going to, consciously or unconciously, take that stuff into account.

I hope I'm wrong -- I'd love to see Irvin make it -- I'm just not going to be surprised if he doesn't.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc said:
is there a smilie for "living in fantasy land?"

I've detailed in previous threads why I didn't think 88 would get to the hall. Most prominently, it is because he has some borderline HoF numbers. If you are borderline, you can't afford to have off the field stuff causing folks to be biased against you.
WTH?

Code:
                  G   Rec   YDS   Y/R   TD
Lynn Swann       115  336   5462  16.3  51  <--Hall of Famer
Michael Irvin    159  750  11904  15.9  65
Cowboy bias, which Selectors may attempt to justify by using the same argument you're making about Irvin's off the field problems, is the only reason why Irvin wasn't on the stage today sitting behind Aikman and Wright during their induction speeches.

tecolote

Reaction score
I always thought if there was one player that would pick Jerry it would be Irvin (he will make it), he always stood by him trough thick and thin, I also remember he rode with him in the ambulance after the neck injury that ended his career.

I really hope that one of the three (88,22,73) picks Jerry, because you can say what you want about him, but you cannot say he wasn´t loyal to his players (almost to a fault).

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
i was thinking about this earlier caue I was trying to think of who would introduce Emmitt.. good thread..

by the way, Moose was also at Emmitt's roast.. its true, Mike and Emmitt have always been very very tight, you can tell.. but you can tell that Emmitt is also very very close to Moose.. but the original poster was right about Emmitt being a family guy.. I could see him picking Irvin, Moose, or someone from his family..

it would be cool to see him pick Moose.. have the guy that lead blocked for him for so many years lead the way for him one more time..

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Whenever Irvin finally gets in, I cant see anyone but Troy introducing him. It will be one the best non game related Cowboys event of all time. I cant wait.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
i was thinking about this earlier caue I was trying to think of who would introduce Emmitt.. good thread..

by the way, Moose was also at Emmitt's roast.. its true, Mike and Emmitt have always been very very tight, you can tell.. but you can tell that Emmitt is also very very close to Moose.. but the original poster was right about Emmitt being a family guy.. I could see him picking Irvin, Moose, or someone from his family..

it would be cool to see him pick Moose.. have the guy that lead blocked for him for so many years lead the way for him one more time..

Still to this day, one of the greatest moments in Cowboys history, watching Emmitt break that record, and then hug Moose and cry on his shoulder for more than a minute while the fans yelled MOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE. Goosebumps I tell ya.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Still to this day, one of the greatest moments in Cowboys history, watching Emmitt break that record, and then hug Moose and cry on his shoulder for more than a minute while the fans yelled MOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE. Goosebumps I tell ya.
This is why i insist that JJ needs to build a massive Cowboys Hall Of Fame with the new stadium, where people like Moose can be immortalized for a future generation when *******es like the Pro Football HOF will never give a damn about the efforts or loyality of Moose.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
The only way that Irvin doesnt get in is if the NFL HOF commitee turn into the morality police. #88 is every bit a hall of fame player as #8 and #22.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
DallasEast said:
WTH?

Code:
                  G   Rec   YDS   Y/R   TD
Lynn Swann       115  336   5462  16.3  51  <--Hall of Famer
Michael Irvin    159  750  11904  15.9  65
Cowboy bias, which Selectors may attempt to justify by using the same argument you're making about Irvin's off the field problems, is the only reason why Irvin wasn't on the stage today sitting behind Aikman and Wright during their induction speeches.

did you miss my point about not comparing against the WORST guys in the Hall? That isn't where the bar gets set.

any borderline player who has off-the-field issues is going to get the same treatment -- this is not cowboy bias