Predict who will introduce future HOFers

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Troy will probably introduce Irvin, and Emmit should be introduced by Mark Stepnoski, Larry Allen, and Erick Williams

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Just think how many Cowboys will go in in the next few years...

Irvin
Deion
Emmitt
LA
Maybe Darren Woodson

AbeBeta

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Just think how many Cowboys will go in in the next few years...

Irvin
Deion
Emmitt
LA
Maybe Darren Woodson

Irvin is debatable.

Woodson is obviously not going to get in.

Emmitt and Deion are 1st ballot.

Larry should be a first ballot but may need to wait a few years to undo the damage he is doing to his legacy by trying to continue to play.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Irvin is debatable.

Woodson is obviously not going to get in.

Emmitt and Deion are 1st ballot.

Larry should be a first ballot but may need to wait a few years to undo the damage he is doing to his legacy by trying to continue to play.

If you want to get technical about it, Emmitt did the same thing LA is doing. It doesnt dimish what they did in the prime of their careers.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
If you want to get technical about it, Emmitt did the same thing LA is doing. It doesnt dimish what they did in the prime of their careers.

yeah, but Emmitt has the rushing title behind him - there are no stats for o-linemen -- although I agree that Emmitt should have retired earlier.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
abersonc said:
yeah, but Emmitt has the rushing title behind him - there are no stats for o-linemen -- although I agree that Emmitt should have retired earlier.

Give me a break on the "players playing past their prime" argument. If the man still has heart, and someone is still willing to pay him, let it be. One day, you'll get old too.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc said:
no. he's a borderline case.

I don't want it to be true but it is.
When he suffered his career ending injury he was top 10 all time in receptions and yards and had 3 super bowl rings. Any WR with that track record deserves to be in regardless of which team he plays for. Irvin is a lock to get in within the next couple of years.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Give me a break on the "players playing past their prime" argument. If the man still has heart, and someone is still willing to pay him, let it be. One day, you'll get old too.

I agree, and I still think LA has something left to give in the right offense. He might be the strongest lineman of all time, I would say he still has a great year in store.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
When he suffered his career ending injury he was top 10 all time in receptions and yards and had 3 super bowl rings. Any WR with that track record deserves to be in regardless of which team he plays for. Irvin is a lock to get in within the next couple of years.

Fantasy football has ruined our sport. :(

I swear. If Irvin had played just 3 more years, these stat geeks wouldn't be able to keep him out no matter how many criminal charges he faced.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Michael Irvin - Jimmy Johnson
Emmitt Smith - The Moose
Larry Allen - I'm not sure...
Bill Parcells - Suggestions? If he wins a bowl with the boys.... Dare I say Jerry Jones?
Don't kill me.
Drew Bledsoe - Bill Parcells
Roy Williams - Darren Woodson
Jason Witten - Dan Campbell/Bill Parcells
Terrence Newman - Bill Parcells/Roy Williams

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells is a sure fire HOF'er. I could see his speech being given by one of his 'guys' like maybe Simms, or Richie Anderson, or even the Vinterception.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
Michael Irvin - Jimmy Johnson
Emmitt Smith - The Moose
Larry Allen - I'm not sure...
Bill Parcells - Suggestions? If he wins a bowl with the boys.... Dare I say Jerry Jones?
Don't kill me.
Drew Bledsoe - Bill Parcells
Roy Williams - Darren Woodson
Jason Witten - Dan Campbell/Bill Parcells
Terrence Newman - Bill Parcells/Roy Williams

I really like your assumptions about the current Cowboys, like Roy, Witten, and T-New. That's real interesting. And by the way, Irvin is getting into the Hall. There's no debate there.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Parcells is a sure fire HOF'er. I could see his speech being given by one of his 'guys' like maybe Simms, or Richie Anderson, or even the Vinterception.

I really like your idea of a Cowboy Hall of Fame in their new stadium. That would be great immortalizing the greatest Cowboys of all time. Especially those that have been screwed by the biased voting commitee.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
I really like your idea of a Cowboy Hall of Fame in their new stadium. That would be great immortalizing the greatest Cowboys of all time. Especially those that have been screwed by the biased voting commitee.

Thats what I am saying. We have so many players that have done so much for this team that wont ever be recognized by anyone other than Cowboy fans. People like Moose and Bill Bates thats why I think JJ should build some huge facilty that rivals the NFL Hall of Fame for people that have put outstanding service into our organization. Fans would pay to see it, people would love to see it.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Thats what I am saying. We have so many players that have done so much for this team that wont ever be recognized by anyone other than Cowboy fans. People like Moose and Bill Bates thats why I think JJ should build some huge facilty that rivals the NFL Hall of Fame for people that have put outstanding service into our organization. Fans would pay to see it, people would love to see it.

Players like Harvey Martin, Cliff Harris, Drew Pearson, Bob Hayes, Bill Bates, ect. All those player who have been screwed by the HoF committee.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Players like Harvey Martin, Cliff Harris, Drew Pearson, Bob Hayes, Bill Bates, ect. All those player who have been screwed by the HoF committee.

I completely agree, a Cowboy HOF would go over like gangbusters and give players that were loyal to us their proper immortilizations.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:

Bill Bates never will, nor should he ever, sniff the HoF.

felix360

Reaction score
im thinking the MOOSE will into Emmit, he was his lead blocker all those years

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

God forbid someone gives an honest evaluation of how voters might react.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players usually have apast coach, or someone that influenced their lives in some way. I really doubt if any one has their wife introduce them. Yes, maybe a child as in case of Haley. Yes, Emmitt may pick Walter's son. We know he won't use Steve Spurrier :laugh2:

TruBlueCowboy said:
Deion Sanders? Not much of a team guy, can't think of anyone having a big influence on him. Maybe his preacher or whoever turned him to God?

Maybe Deion will just use GOD himself. :lmao2: