Predicting is a fool's errand

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is it that you dont get about the mentality?

Won 3 games looking like high flying contenders and then lose 3 in a row capped off by a loss to the winless Jets.

Nobody anymore knows whether we are going to win the next game or lose. Who is going to show up? Confidence is absolutely been crushed.

But by all means, enjoy yourself. Im sure losing to the Jets was a breeze for you. LOL

FYI......some other guy asked why Cowboys fans are called "bandwagon fans". I think a comment like yours is the reason why.
After the last 23 seasons, only making the playoffs 9 times, and winning only 4 wild card round games, it’s understandable why many Cowboys fans are not as quick to be fully vested believers in what Jerry Jones has thrown out year after year. I’m actually amazed how many people still believe in this organization with so little bottom line success. It’s a testament to how strong this team’s brand has been despite limited success.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After the last 23 seasons, only making the playoffs 9 times, and winning only 4 wild card round games, it’s understandable why many Cowboys fans are not as quick to be fully vested believers in what Jerry Jones has thrown out year after year. I’m actually amazed how many people still believe in this organization with so little bottom line success. It’s a testament to how strong this team’s brand has been despite limited success.

I think its fine to have hopes based on reality. But after 3 losses like we saw and the Jets at the end it's prime evidence that nothing has changed here.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah, if the Cowboys are destined to make the playoffs, as it stands now they look to be a 4 seed, which they were in 2014 and 2018. Historically, the 4 seed doesn’t win two playoff games in a row. Hopefully we go on a roll and earn a higher seed but we will need some help.

How bad is that Jets loss going to hurt? It could be the difference between a 4 and a 2 seed.
yeah all 3 of those losses hurt, because now they are about to enter the tougher part of the season.
Being 7-0,6-1, or 5-2 would have helped get a top 2 seed.
That is the advantage to like the 49's being 7-0, they can now afford to lose 2-3 games in the back 9.
If Dallas loses 3 they are 10-6

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
What is it that you dont get about the mentality?

Won 3 games looking like high flying contenders and then lose 3 in a row capped off by a loss to the winless Jets.

Nobody anymore knows whether we are going to win the next game or lose. Who is going to show up? Confidence is absolutely been crushed.

But by all means, enjoy yourself. Im sure losing to the Jets was a breeze for you. LOL

FYI......some other guy asked why Cowboys fans are called "bandwagon fans". I think a comment like yours is the reason why.
Absolutely nothing in this post makes sense. It's precisely because we won 3 and looked good and then lost 3 and looked bad that is my basis for suggesting making predictions is pointless. As for being a bandwagon fan, i have been a Cowboy fan since 1983 and I will be until I die. This has nothing to do with whether we win a bunch of SB's in a row or never win another one again. I support the team, not the current owner/HC/players. Suggesting I am proof, or an example of, a bandwagon fan is way wide of the mark.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Isn't that what fans do?
It's part of the fun.
LOL, no. It's what you do and you like to project what you do on to everyone else so you don't look like such a stressed freak. Relax and just enjoy the football season week by week. :rolleyes:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

The safest prediction is that the Cowboys will not advance beyond the divisional round, if they even get that far, until proven otherwise. We've got almost a quarter century of evidence to support it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This place was dripping with posters all summer craving the return of meaningful games and now we have them every Sunday, everybody seems stressed and miserable. I don't get the mentality.
Human thought is as diversified as the stars in the night sky. Figuring out everyone is as futile as counting every star in that night sky.

You cannot get the mentality because you do not share it. My advice? Do not try understanding it. Doing so can only lead to stress and misery.

;)

Shane612

Reaction score
LOL, no. It's what you do and you like to project what you do on to everyone else so you don't look like such a stressed freak. Relax and just enjoy the football season week by week. :rolleyes:
I think you're talking to yourself.
You need professional help.
:lmao:

Blitzen

Reaction score
Okay, so there are a few thread's and many posts kicking around the forum trying to predict the rest of this season and some i've seen even trying to pin down our likely play off opponents, should we get there. This needs to stop. We've played 7 of our 16 regular season games. Nobody knows if we win the division, scrape a wild card berth or just bomb out altogether. Equally, nobody knows if other teams do either. My point is, how about we just focus on winning the next game and actually try and enjoy the football? This place was dripping with posters all summer craving the return of meaningful games and now we have them every Sunday, everybody seems stressed and miserable. I don't get the mentality.

Go Cowboys.

Our thoughts just happen. Whether conscious or subconscious. You can concentrate on other things, but those thoughts will happen regardless.

You and others (and there are MANY on this forum) want posters to focus on positive sides of life and Cowboys when presented with negative outcomes with regards to this team. But this is literally a forum for all things to do with the team. This isn't about our life as a whole, unless you want to discuss those topics along with your Cowboys' thoughts.

My general suggestion is that you and the MANY others like you would be happier by not focusing on what other posters feel about this team. If someone disrupts your fragile confidence or good mood/vibes and you don't want to read their posts-put them on ignore. Live and let live people.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing in this post makes sense. It's precisely because we won 3 and looked good and then lost 3 and looked bad that is my basis for suggesting making predictions is pointless. As for being a bandwagon fan, i have been a Cowboy fan since 1983 and I will be until I die. This has nothing to do with whether we win a bunch of SB's in a row or never win another one again. I support the team, not the current owner/HC/players. Suggesting I am proof, or an example of, a bandwagon fan is way wide of the mark.

Cowboy fans are called bandwagon because they simply like them because they are the Cowboys. Glitz and glamour. Its not because they win because we really don't. Last 25 years had been dreadful.