Predictions for Dak's play in his return through the end of season

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That would suck if he is really Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless hiding behind a Charlie Brown avatar. It would be really insulting to the late Charles Schultz. He had class.
Maybe you guys should figure it out. He only starts some polarizing thread. Then never ever comments on anyone elses threads.

Aint right some leech using us for their material

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So what’s your solution?
I recognize that for the time being we are stuck with him. I accept that.

My solution is and always will be to not waste any more time with a QB that you know you're not getting anywhere with. I don't believe Dak is going to magically get better in year 7, with 1 major injury, and minor injuries racking up.

If he can be traded within the next couple of years, then great! If we can draft someone to developed until his contract runs out, then great! If we can sign someone in Free Agency when Dak's contract is up, then great!

The thing we cannot do is extend him any longer. We must look towards the future and take the QB position seriously when doing so.

The margin of error when Dak is your QB is so small that it's almost impossible to have post season success. You have to hit on everything and can't have mistakes on offense or you can easily be derailed because of the lack of talent at QB. If we have a holding penalty or a false start on 1st and 10 most people believe "well, this drive is over" and that's because, and most won't admit it, you don't believe in Dak enough to think 1st and 15 or 1st and 25 is doable.

So, all in all, my solution is to not extend Dak, ride out the contract, but have a plan ready for when Dak is gone by either trading, free agency, or drafting.

leeblair

Reaction score
Wow. The truth hurts!
And then they start lying to try and be rid of me Hennessy_King.
You reap what you sow.

Motorola

Reaction score
I predict Dak will be Dak. If the momentum is going in the Cowboys favor, he will have some good stats. The Cowboys will win some easy games.
But Dak will still be Dak. If the momentum is against the Cowboys, Dak will struggle. There will be three-and-outs, errant passes, and opposing teams getting big leads. This is my prediction.
But, according to his fans:
Dak's return is set for a home game against the Lions, who have seen their hopes for a big season dashed by poor defense. So Dak should, by all accounts of his fans, have a great day, racking up big points and stats.
Then it's the Bears, who are also struggling. Dak should again, by all accounts from his fans, put up big numbers.
Then the bye week.
In the second half of the season, Dak's leadership should, by all accounts from his fans, lead the Cowboys to repeated big wins, regardless of who the Cowboys play. The Cowboys should roll through the playoffs, and their Super Bowl opponent should forfeit to avoid the embarrassment Dak will put them through.
Because after all, if Cooper Rush can beat 4 out of five of the toughest teams in the league, Dak should easily win out.
2021 Minnesota Vikings___ were 3-3 and coming off a bye when Dallas beat them to drop their record to 3-4.
Vikings went 5-5 to finish out that season 8-9.
2022 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cincinnati Bengals, Los Angeles Rams - all currently 3-3, and no one considers them to be the toughest teams in their division...much less in the league...at this juncture.
That leaves the Giants - yeah, they're the only tough one
Charlie Brown...methinks your brain is somewhat rattled from hitting your head on the ground when Lucy pulled the football away while you attempted to kick it.

ESisback

Reaction score
I recognize that for the time being we are stuck with him. I accept that.

My solution is and always will be to not waste any more time with a QB that you know you're not getting anywhere with. I don't believe Dak is going to magically get better in year 7, with 1 major injury, and minor injuries racking up.

If he can be traded within the next couple of years, then great! If we can draft someone to developed until his contract runs out, then great! If we can sign someone in Free Agency when Dak's contract is up, then great!

The thing we cannot do is extend him any longer. We must look towards the future and take the QB position seriously when doing so.

The margin of error when Dak is your QB is so small that it's almost impossible to have post season success. You have to hit on everything and can't have mistakes on offense or you can easily be derailed because of the lack of talent at QB. If we have a holding penalty or a false start on 1st and 10 most people believe "well, this drive is over" and that's because, and most won't admit it, you don't believe in Dak enough to think 1st and 15 or 1st and 25 is doable.

So, all in all, my solution is to not extend Dak, ride out the contract, but have a plan ready for when Dak is gone by either trading, free agency, or drafting.

Ok, so the whole “Dak sucks” thing has been established. Repeatedly. Endlessly. And we can’t do anything about it. At least for what, another two years? So why can’t we all just shut up about it, accept the current situation, and TRY to simply enjoy watching what we have?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ok, so the whole “Dak sucks” thing has been established. Repeatedly. Endlessly. And we can’t do anything about it. At least for what, another two years? So why can’t we all just shut up about it, accept the current situation, and TRY to simply enjoy watching what we have?
That's what fans do.

Fans have and always will complain about things they cannot personally change.

That comes with the territory, especially on a team forum.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some fans have that mental capability. Other fans do not.

Fortunately for the latter, fansites like CowboysZone allows personal venting indefinitely. The site serves as both a personal coping mechanism and a stress reliever. And it is important to always remember stress is never a healthy thing, especially for sufferers enduring it 24/7/365.

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Unless the offense gives the ball away like they did against the Eagles, no team should get a big lead. Not on this defense.

Actually, the Iggles did Dallas a favor - they exposed Parsons' (and the defense's) shortcomings. The move to put Parsons in "no man's land" so that he was much less effective than he has been, but also which Quinn figured out a response in the second half (hence the comeback), means other teams can't do the same thing. Dallas will have seen it and won't be caught in the same situation. Sort of like the wildcat offense, worked for a while but teams eventually figured out how to defend it, so now it's only seen as a "gimmick" play, to be used judiciously in only certain situations.

I would imagine the team, both offense and defense, will get an emotional boost from Dak's return, and they will win. However, doesn't mean Dak will play lights out and put up tons of yards and points, while he won't play unless he's physically ready, he will not be 100%, merely able to make the basic throws, grip the ball and most of all not re-injure the thumb unless he gets a similar hit, which is not likely, he'll have issues.

But he'll be rusty, and we all know he's had missed throws, etc. even when healthy. Those bad things won't have disappeared because he was out a few weeks. He'll always have them, he's had over 5 full seasons, game-wise, to get over that and if he's not done it, he most likely won't. Not that he can't play very well, maybe even SB-winning level, if he has a good team around him (same as 95% of all NFL quarterbacks), but he's probably topped out, or very near it, as far as his abilities go...