Twitter: Prescott By The Numbers: Facts Over Fiction

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Facts! Sadly, it won't shut his lying mouth.
Yds per attempt is a skewed stat DH.Incompletions are the only real thing that hurts it.You’re not going to have to many incompletions when you don’t take chances, check down, and also take unnecessary sacks instead of throwing it away.Now piss off.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/are-nfl-quarterbacks-responsible-for-sack-quality/amp

Jared Goff and Dak Prescott have been the worst at taking costly sack.

Last edited:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Yds per attempt is a skewed stat DH.Incompletions are the only real thing that hurts it.You’re not going to have to many incompletions when you don’t take chances, check down, and also take unnecessary sacks instead of throwing it away.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/are-nfl-quarterbacks-responsible-for-sack-quality/amp
Is the number of attempted deep passes (which Dak is #7 in the league) a skewed stat also? It doesnt seem like he "doesn't take chances" to me.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
At least get the facts out before placing blame solely on Dak for a Cowboys 1-3 playoff record since Dak became out starting QB.

Screenshot-20220622-171502-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20220622-171328-Chrome.jpg

Dak has played well out of the first 3 playoff games. The only playoff game one could place some blame on Dak would be this last playoff loss against the 49ers. Then again, Dak threw for a TD while running in another TD all while our Offense had absolutely no rushing attack to help, plus our Oline stunk it up by giving up 5 sacks, not including many drive killing penalties.

So when one puts all of the facts into context, it sure sounds dumb to blame Dak for a 1-3 playoff record since he became our starting QB in 2016.
What? Are you crazy Dak gave up over a hundred and fifty yards on the ground in two of those playoff games. How is it not his fault?

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Does winning or losing the game matter when it comes to how well your fantasy team QB does for you? Or is it based entirely on his stats?
Who are u referring to?Me personally, I hate stats.People who don’t know the game like to bring up stats to defend Saint Dak.All you have to do is watch the games and the eye test will prove that he’s not a SuperBowl level QB.If someone brings up stats, I have to defend my stance.You’re right,winning is all that matters.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who are u referring to?Me personally, I hate stats.People who don’t know the game like to bring up stats to defend Saint Dak.All you have to do is watch the games and the eye test will prove that he’s not a SuperBowl level QB.If someone brings up stats, I have to defend my stance.You’re right,winning is all that matters.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Does winning or losing the game matter when it comes to how well your fantasy team QB does for you? Or is it based entirely on his stats?
Winning is a team stat, not a qb's. His "worst" game was a win against the Seahawks.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Just a general question to anyone who plays fantasy football.

I'm really wondering if this fascination with stats by some is driven by their participation in FF.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just a general question to anyone who plays fantasy football.

I'm really wondering if this fascination with stats by some is driven by their participation in FF.
Stats don’t tell the whole story but they do help explain where the weaknesses and strengths are.

And I don’t play FF. But I can watch the games and analyze stats and determine where these strengths and weaknesses are .