Twitter: Prescott Comments About Arm Mechanics

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I just read the OP and laughed, yeah he has more power and velocity because it is the time of year everyone has become so much better faster stronger tougher- until the first game starts in earnest.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
lol….and all the clowns clap for you!!

let’s text that genius football IQ of yours.

what’s the best way to beat a cover 2? Let’s here it from a true football expert.
You could try to run them out of it. It helps to have good blockers at WR's and TE's. But to beat double coverage like that it's really about the blocking upfront. You need time for routes to develop, so you can move those safeties off their spots. Because the cover two is designed to make a team dink and dunk until they make a mistake.

Every defense will struggle to cover a good tightened. Having a TE that can stretch the field is always a plus. But the OC and QB have to take advantage of the wide side of the field. Post routes, corner routes, and 20 yard outs are good calls where you can go deep, to the wide side of cover two. Beating the cover two is really easy to do if you have the players and coaches.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Please stop saying things ....... please just show us.

please

I don't think he has to show us major passing skill improvement. Statistically Dak has been in the Top Ten QBR Passer Ratings. I think optimal decisiveness under incoming pressure is where he has to show us. He is healthy and in great shape so let's hope for the best.

My3Sons

Reaction score
As a fan, how can you NOT be encouraged by this news?
Well for me, I never thought he lacked arm strength. As a matter of fact, he looked to be whipping the ball very hard last camp when he hurt himself.

Maybe he could work on his touch for the open receiver. That would excite me.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully it gives him enough confidence to throw an out. He did look a little crisper, but he also was way off target on some throws... Time will tell, any NFL QB can throw a hard pass, but at some point, they all lose accuracy.

I hope getting him out of the pocket will help him most.