Twitter: Prescott could be the backup Sunday night

Jipper

Reaction score
So you don’t think it’s a little competitive edge to keep the other DC preparing for two different QB’s?

Just asking!

Sure; but the problem is it’s not close enough that dak even has a chance….there has been so much that has shown that he’s not close to being ready this week that it’s not even remotely likely.

If this team kept everything totally quiet then put him as questionable and the eagles had to really consider he was possible to play then yes that would help.

What the cowboys have done with telegraphing everything then trying to do the smoke and mirrors crap is not helping them.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
It would be foolish if Dak is made the back up and is not 100%. Also it would make things even stranger than they are. Remember when Mcvay had enough of Goff and he was semi - injured and was listed as a back up for the "playoff" game against the seahawks. The starter got hurt and Goff ended up playing. Its almost like telling Dak, we think you are healthy enough to play if need be, but we really dont want you playing so you'll be the backup. Keep him out as long as Rush is winning and allow Dak to get healthy. If Rush is winning these games by putting up numbers by the time Dak is healthy, then you have decisions to make. If Rush is simply not turning it over and putting up 17points a game like he has been, then you go back to Dak.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
Hate? Nah.

Wish he played for another team? Yes.
It’s awful the way you guys hate on him bruh. I’m not a Dak apologist by any means, he has his issues, and Cooper is doing a great job, but if you think Cooper has won these last 4 games, you’re just wrong. It’s been the defense.

It’s sad the way some in our fan base talk about the dude. You guys turn every thread into a Dak Prescott debate, when the subject isn’t even about the QB. It could be about flipping burgers on the sideline, and guys would say Dak is horrible at it. I’m not the kind of guy who blocks people because I like to read everyone’s opinion on things, but it just gets old when the usual suspects get on their rolls.

Go Cowboys
Beat the Eagles!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s awful the way you guys hate on him bruh. I’m not a Dak apologist by any means, he has his issues, and Cooper is doing a great job, but if you think Cooper has won these last 4 games, you’re just wrong. It’s been the defense.

It’s sad the way some in our fan base talk about the dude. You guys turn every thread into a Dak Prescott debate, when the subject isn’t even about the QB. It could be about flipping burgers on the sideline, and guys would say Dak is horrible at it. I’m not the kind of guy who blocks people because I like to read everyone’s opinion on things, but it just gets old when the usual suspects get on their rolls.

Go Cowboys
Beat the Eagles!
I'd prefer Dak or Rush not be the starter for this team.

CWR

Reaction score
This is exactly what I hoped for. If we are in a close one and Rush is struggling, bring Dak in. Although if we are going to utilize this plan, we need a qb3 ready because I wouldn't risk Dak if we are not in it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Basically he could play if needed. Either way it’s the same formula. Who is handing off the ball and throwing the short and intermediate passes and taking a few deep shots..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Because if the Cowboys won an SB without Dak being the QB they would be incapable of enjoying it like they are now. They want it only one way.
that's sad, this has been an enjoyable season so far, even with the negativity.

irishline

Reaction score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

That just never gets old haha.