Twitter: Prescott hopes to see some action vs Houston

Motorola

Reaction score
Right, this is literally all Texan fans have to look forward to and being the morons they are, they will treat it like the superbowl. Few things more ridiculous than Texan fans trash talking during the preseason, but they got that little brother complex.
Four division titles over the last 6 seasons, reached division round of playoffs twice....not shabby. Then the FO foolishness started - now the Watson mess.

Motorola

Reaction score
Preseason home opener, Prescott, Smith, Martin back from season-ending injuries.
Anyone attending the exhibition? Are the Cowboys allowing a full house?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dak will have to play in the Houston game if he is healthy enough. Its his last opportunity as well as the rest of the first team to get some snaps before the real show begins. Normally most starters don't play in the last PS game.

CWR

Reaction score
Four division titles over the last 6 seasons, reached division round of playoffs twice....not shabby. Then the FO foolishness started - now the Watson mess.

No they haven't always been terrible, but much like us they haven't gotten over the hump. That is the same criticism you see here daily. Let's also talk about how trash that division has been for a long time. Colts were decent with Luck a couple years and the Titan just came on recently. Then there is the Jags.

As of now they are probably the worst team in the league and their future doesn't look any better.

Motorola

Reaction score
No they haven't always been terrible, but much like us they haven't gotten over the hump. That is the same criticism you see here daily. Let's also talk about how trash that division has been for a long time. Colts were decent with Luck a couple years and the Titan just came on recently. Then there is the Jags.

As of now they are probably the worst team in the league and their future doesn't look any better.
I made that point about the Texans in my last sentence. - FO & Watson.
Colts were in the AFC Championship game for the 2014 playoffs. Jaguars were there in the 2017 season AFCCG, then the Titans for 2019.
NFL divisions, just like individual teams, surge and wane across several seasons.
NFC East teams have only made two conference championship appearances in the past 16 playoffs - but both of those teams captured the title and went on to become NFL Champions.
My original post about the Texans was a response to another CZoner that the team was a somewhat consistent playoff participant before the recent crash & burn.

Reactions: CWR

Motorola

Reaction score
Dak will have to play in the Houston game if he is healthy enough. Its his last opportunity as well as the rest of the first team to get some snaps before the real show begins. Normally most starters don't play in the last PS game.
I could see the Cowboys flip the script for this preseason.
Last exhibition is at AT&T hosting the Jaguars. Noon start on Sunday, August 29th. Then there are 10 days between that contest and the season opener September 9th Thursday night.
If I was the HC, I'd mull over going that route. And...I'm 100% sure Prescott would be on board with it.
Heck - Dak might approach McCarthy about putting him in.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak’s gonna prove a lot of haters wrong… but it won’t matter bc they won’t give him any credit anyway. Any success the offense had will again be attributed to the following:

1. A stellar supporting cast
2. The OL
3. An improved D

“Trent Dilfer would be an All Pro behind this OL and this WR corps!!”

Gonna be awesome

CWR

Reaction score
I made that point about the Texans in my last sentence. - FO & Watson.
Colts were in the AFC Championship game for the 2014 playoffs. Jaguars were there in the 2017 season AFCCG, then the Titans for 2019.
NFL divisions, just like individual teams, surge and wane across several seasons.
NFC East teams have only made two conference championship appearances in the past 16 playoffs - but both of those teams captured the title and went on to become NFL Champions.
My original post about the Texans was a response to another CZoner that the team was a somewhat consistent playoff participant before the recent crash & burn.

In fairness going back 6 seasons or whatever you said is also an incomplete picture. They have been a mediocre franchise in a mediocre division for a long time.

I agree with you they did some consistent winning, but never got anywhere. I cant recite winning percentages off the top of my head, but we've had to go against some really tough eagle and giant teams going back to Romo.
The NFC East is and has been a much tougher division over the course of the Texans coming into the league imo.

My only real beef with the Texans is the fact I have to listen to preseason trash talk from their ridiculous fan base. Those (regular season)Texan vs Cowboys battles were exciting for me, because the stakes were so high. Romo punking JJ Watt for a tuddy strike is one of my all time favorite highlights.

CWR

Reaction score
I could see the Cowboys flip the script for this preseason.
Last exhibition is at AT&T hosting the Jaguars. Noon start on Sunday, August 29th. Then there are 10 days between that contest and the season opener September 9th Thursday night.
If I was the HC, I'd mull over going that route. And...I'm 100% sure Prescott would be on board with it.
Heck - Dak might approach McCarthy about putting him in.

Dak will absolutely approach MM and try to force his way into the lineup as soon as possible. That's just his nature.

Motorola

Reaction score
My only real beef with the Texans is the fact I have to listen to preseason trash talk from their ridiculous fan base. Those (regular season)Texan vs Cowboys battles were exciting for me, because the stakes were so high. Romo punking JJ Watt for a tuddy strike is one of my all time favorite highlights.[/QUOTE]
Dak will absolutely approach MM and try to force his way into the lineup as soon as possible. That's just his nature.

In fairness going back 6 seasons or whatever you said is also an incomplete picture. They have been a mediocre franchise in a mediocre division for a long time.

I agree with you they did some consistent winning, but never got anywhere. I cant recite winning percentages off the top of my head, but we've had to go against some really tough eagle and giant teams going back to Romo.
The NFC East is and has been a much tougher division over the course of the Texans entering the league imo
That play - Romo juking Watt - in his prime a top 5 NFL defensive player -top ten greatest playCowboys regular season history.
'CowboysWillRise' - I surmise you live in metro Houston \ Texas Gulf Coast / East Texas = Texans' fan base --so you get a daily \ weekly barrage of anti- Cowboys rhetoric
The NFC East aint been raisin' hell the last decade (Eagles 2017 NFL Title the exception); however - it is the most competitive NFL division over for the last 16 seasons. No repeat champion in that time span - and the titles are somewhat evenly distributed among the four rivals. But other than the Eagles title run after the 2017 season - no NFC team has been in the conference title game since the 2011 Giants - while three AFC South teams have made it to the title game.
I am just addressing your opinion that the Texans' division titles are not notable accomplishiments.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Who do you guys think we will be the starting tight end when dak is on the field?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Schultz is the best TE on the roster and he's average at best.

This team is dumb. They'll start Jarwin.

The good new is that cooper, lamb, gallup, and zeke can make an average tight end look like a superstar

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dak will have to play in the Houston game if he is healthy enough. Its his last opportunity as well as the rest of the first team to get some snaps before the real show
IMO the only game he HAS to play in is the season opener. Dak's been getting plenty of snaps in Oxnard. That shoulder needs to be 100% for Tampa!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak’s gonna prove a lot of haters wrong… but it won’t matter bc they won’t give him any credit anyway. Any success the offense had will again be attributed to the following:

1. A stellar supporting cast
2. The OL
3. An improved D

“Trent Dilfer would be an All Pro behind this OL and this WR corps!!”

Gonna be awesome
Why do you care if people give Dak all this praise or not?

All that matter is the Cowboys winning games, not Dak and his stats. Dak can be horrible for all I care as long as the team is winning games.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Why do you care if people give Dak all this praise or not?

All that matter is the Cowboys winning games, not Dak and his stats. Dak can be horrible for all I care as long as the team is winning games.

Meh… I don’t really care what people think— just an observation of all the wasted time debating endless Dak threads. The haters are gonna hate— the justifiers are gonna justify— stats and wins won’t change many minds.