Prescott or Dalton: Who do you want starting

Who do you want starting

• Total voters

landryscorner

Reaction score
It's going to be an 8-8 season with a draft pick around 17-17 round 1 next year same as every year so I'de rather have Dalton over Dak and just start fresh dude ain't worth it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I watched how 2017 and 2019 ended with Dak, I also saw more than enough than enough that I didn't like in 2018 so....
So if a team doesn't make the playoffs that means that the season ended because of the QB according to you.

Trivia for you- how many QBs have ended less seasons than Dak the last four years?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My inclination right now is just to be entertained. Just for kicks, I'd like to see Andy take the helm and enjoy seeing Dak look befuddled! :muttley:
He didn’t strike me as the type to be befuddled. Seems like the type that would dust himself off and get back on his feet.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He didn’t strike me as the type to be befuddled. Seems like the type that would dust himself off and get back on his feet.

That's ok . . . I'd still enjoy the show, knowing we probably wouldn't get to a Super Bowl, anyway! ;)

Truth be told, I'd kinda like to see what Andy could do with the talent we have in place these days.

As it stands right now, I'm pretty fed up with Dak. Of course, that may change in two more months.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all that you arent able to answer. Lol
I mention Dak and no one else and you assume my post means it's 100% on Dak. I'm not going to play these games with you as I've already clearly stated many times before it's not just Dak, but I've seen enough of him to know what to expect of him. Too many of you are so caught up in the "question the anti-Dak crowd" that you can't even get past your own agenda to have a chance at understanding the comment.

KB1122

Reaction score
If you feel like this is a question worth asking, then the answer is neither.

Swagger

Reaction score
I mention Dak and no one else and you assume my post means it's 100% on Dak. I'm not going to play these games with you as I've already clearly stated many times before it's not just Dak, but I've seen enough of him to know what to expect of him. Too many of you are so caught up in the "question the anti-Dak crowd" that you can't even get past your own agenda to have a chance at understanding the comment.

Unfortunately there's no reasoning with them try as we might.

leeblair

Reaction score
He can only make the playoffs in the division he is in, but realistically if you look at 3 of the 4 AFC divisions they aren't even close to being notably better.

As for the "Dak supporter" comment (to your credit, at least you don't use the idiotic "Dak Lover" or Dak Slobberer" like some do), I completely recognize Dak has flaws and things to work on, and I also admitted he didn't play well in some of the losses. And, so you know, I don't elite like Mahomes, Rodgers etc …

But I expect fairness, and in fairness, if you are going to complain about his performance in "big games" in 2019 and how he had a chance to make the playoffs, you also have to recognize that at other times in his career that wasn't the case. You can't cherry pick and be fair.

Ultimately, an extreme view of Dak on the negative side is no better than someone who blindly supports Dak without seeing the flaws. Reality is almost never on the extremes.
I can stand watching Dak grow as a player.
I can't stand watching him pretend to be elite just because he's benefitted from a setup most quarterbacks can only dream of.
I can't stand watching the Cowboys gut the salary cap for a mediocre quarterback.
Dak can grow, and there are things he does well.
But for what he's asking, he is nowhere near worth it.
And won't be as long as he is allowed to think he is better than he actually is.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can stand watching Dak grow as a player.
I can't stand watching him pretend to be elite just because he's benefitted from a setup most quarterbacks can only dream of.
I can't stand watching the Cowboys gut the salary cap for a mediocre quarterback.
Dak can grow, and there are things he does well.
But for what he's asking, he is nowhere near worth it.
And won't be as long as he is allowed to think he is better than he actually is.
How is he pretending to be elite? Are you talking pay? Unfortunately, what he is asking for is in the ballpark of where the pay scale is for QB's, even ones that are not elite. I don't think Dak himself would say he has proven to be at the level of Rodgers and a few others.

Something it seems many miss (not saying you - I don't know that you have said enough for me to know your thought on this), but pay is not based on a ranking of the QBs. There is no ESPN or SI poll that sets out a QB ranking for teams an players to use to make sure the paychecks of all QB's fall neatly into a predetermined order, and exactly what the pay rate will be depending on that ranking. It's supply and demand - it's the market - it's what teams are willing to pay. Teams aren't surprised by this - they created the situation by starting to dish out contracts approaching and exceeding $30 million.

And, the thing is, the holdup in getting a deal done is (at least reportedly) that the Cowboys actually believe so much in Dak being worth it that they want him for a longer term than other teams have signed their high priced QB for.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I changed my vote to Dak. I don’t think there is much difference in talent but I have to go with a younger and mobile QB for the future.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's ok . . . I'd still enjoy the show, knowing we probably wouldn't get to a Super Bowl, anyway! ;)

Truth be told, I'd kinda like to see what Andy could do with the talent we have in place these days.

As it stands right now, I'm pretty fed up with Dak. Of course, that may change in two more months.
I think Dalton has shown us what he is. Decent quarterback who can't win a playoff game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Dalton has shown us what he is. Decent quarterback who can't win a playoff game.

That was with a team that's proven to be bereft of the level of talent that the Cowboys have in tow at present. I'm not inclined to judge him by that.

Hadenough

Reaction score
First off if Dalton is starting that means Dak is not getting paid. I'm fine with that because he is greedy. Neither guy is ever gonna win you a SB. Dalton didn't win any playoff games and Dak won one. I think Dalton with this supporting cast can do pretty much as well as Dak except for the running. Dalton is gonna be more accurate throwing screens and shorter routes too.