Twitter: Prescott to sign franchise tender

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see you're a reporter now and as a reporter you had some interviews with Jerry and Stephen and then talked to Prescott and his agent as well as former GM's to get their take on this as part of your reporting. Or maybe what you're calling reporting is nothing more than your opinions.
You certainly have an odd way of interpreting post. Of course it’s opinions. Which can be derived from savvy instincts.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No, that was your interpretation. I didn’t claim it was intentional at all. Perhaps that just plays more into your perception.

Let me quote you to refresh your memory. "He’s just been presenting a tough guy persona to appeal to the pushback ... He’s been all in all along."

So again what crystal ball do you use to KNOW what Jones is thinking and why he does anything he does. You can guess or speculate but you don't KNOW.

75boyz

Reaction score
I’m not really into predicting doom and gloom just about reporting on it , the suspected instincts we had going in , the effects and of course potential solutions.

Me neither. But the core human behavioral patterns are hard to overcome once they've been firmly established over a long period of time. I was simply speculating as to the team's outcome. Jerry likens this Dak episode to another "I'm smarter than everyone and I'm a legitimate Football Guy" case of ego driven arrogance. He is not to be proven wrong about his 4th round pet project QB.
Took him a decade to see it in a head coach.
This is nothing new.
But you are also right in that my ultimate outcomes shared here and so called gloom with regards to the team do directly tie in to my personal non belief in Dak as a QB.
I don't believe in either is all so I painted the negative picture that I did based off Jerry and his ultimate decision making fiascos of the past.

Go Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Let me quote you to refresh your memory. "He’s just been presenting a tough guy persona to appeal to the pushback ... He’s been all in all along."

So again what crystal ball do you use to KNOW what Jones is thinking and why he does anything he does. You can guess or speculate but you don't KNOW.
Don’t you assume all post here are opinions unless using quotations supported by a link?

And if you believe something to be true you present as such.

If you don’t agree that’s fine. Is your only rebuttal is that’s it’s only an opinion ? Lol

I guess next you’ll begin attempting to attack or personally insult to discredit the opinion cause you don’t agree with .

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You certainly have an odd way of interpreting post. Of course it’s opinions. Which can be derived from savvy instincts.

AGAIN, let me quote you "I’m not really into predicting doom and gloom just about reporting on it"

Tell me again how I misinterpreted you saying you were a reporter. Is savvy instinct your way of saying speculation?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Bingo! That Dalton signing was like someone taking your queen in chess. Dak was basically forced into signing the franchise tag or risk losing 31 mil.

Andy Dalton got signed a month ago. That has nothing to do with why Dak signed the franchise tag. Dak was never going to sit out the season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Based on history the more likely scenario is we will extend his contract before July 15th deadline.

The small sample size on not extending contracts after Tagging supports signing before the deadline.

Ultimately this places more pressure on getting a deal done now not after the deadline.

Generally, teams don't want to pay any one player $30-plus million for a season. That's supposed to be the incentive for teams to get a long-term deal done. The player signing the franchise tag usually puts the pressure on the team because he's guaranteed now to make $30-plus million and then be a free agent unless the team wants to tag him a second year at an even higher price.

As I said in another post, I'd prefer for Dallas to play him on the tag and let McCarthy evaluate whether he thinks he's worth paying top-five QB money. However, I still expect the team to get a long-term deal done before July 15 because that's usually how it works.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Me neither. But the core human behavioral patterns are hard to overcome once they've been firmly established over a long period of time. I was simply speculating as to the team's outcome. Jerry likens this Dak episode to another "I'm smarter than everyone and I'm a legitimate Football Guy" case of ego driven arrogance. He is not to be proven wrong about his 4th round pet project QB.
Took him a decade to see it in a head coach.
This is nothing new.
But you are also right in that my ultimate outcomes shared here and so called gloom with regards to the team do directly tie in to my personal non belief in Dak as a QB.
I don't believe in either is all so I painted the negative picture that I did based off Jerry and his ultimate decision making fiascos of the past.

Go Cowboys
The jury is still out on Dak. He could prove Jerry is right.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Don’t you assume all post here are opinions unless using quotations supported by a link?

And if you believe something to be true you present as such.

If you don’t agree that’s fine. Is your only rebuttal is that’s it’s only an opinion ? Lol

I guess next you’ll begin attempting to attack or personally insult to discredit the opinion cause you don’t agree with .

When I rebut something I say I disagree with it or it's my belief or opinion or I say that this report or that report doesn't agree with what someone says, but I don't say I'm just reporting because saying that is saying you're a reporter. You in your mind may not have meant it as saying your a reporter but the written word doesn't allow for reading the mind of what the person said unless you're the Great Karnack.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Generally, teams don't want to pay any one player $30-plus million for a season. That's supposed to be the incentive for teams to get a long-term deal done. The player signing the franchise tag usually puts the pressure on the team because he's guaranteed now to make $30-plus million and then be a free agent unless the team wants to tag him a second year at an even higher price.

As I said in another post, I'd prefer for Dallas to play him on the tag and let McCarthy evaluate whether he thinks he's worth paying top-five QB money. However, I still expect the team to get a long-term deal done before July 15 because that's usually how it works.
Unless the team and Dak lay an egg this year, I think we can now assume the floor for Dak is two franchise tags, a-la Cousins. That would be two years at about 68.5...or less slightly less than what they are already offering per year.
But yes, a longer deal spreads it out some.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unless the team and Dak lay an egg this year, I think we can now assume the floor for Dak is two franchise tags, a-la Cousins. That would be two years at about 68.5...or less slightly less than what they are already offering per year.
But yes, a longer deal spreads it out some.
I think that’s what I was trying to say. LOL don’t get old my cowboy brother. Too many games too many seasons

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Bingo! That Dalton signing was like someone taking your queen in chess. Dak was basically forced into signing the franchise tag or risk losing 31 mil.

You're right that if Prescott hadn't signed his tag offer he would be losing that 31 mil and that is then ONLY reason he signed. Dalton siging had ZERO to do with Prescott signing his tag offer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When I rebut something I say I disagree with it or it's my belief or opinion or I say that this report or that report doesn't agree with what someone says, but I don't say I'm just reporting because saying that is saying you're a reporter. You in your mind may not have meant it as saying your a reporter but the written word doesn't allow for reading the mind of what the person said unless you're the Great Karnack.
When I say “ reporting “ I’m referring to my view of the events. Ultimately we must all remember this is an opinion driven format.

Your obviously taking opinion as it’s factual regardless how much they believe it to be true.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're right that if Prescott hadn't signed his tag offer he would be losing that 31 mil and that is then ONLY reason he signed. Dalton siging had ZERO to do with Prescott signing his tag offer.
I don’t know why people think Dalton pressured press got into signing. I agree Prescott wasn’t worried about him in any way shape or form. We need an upgrade from Cooper Rush that’s all it was. I actually like the rookie hope he beats him out and camp. But Dalton is smart I will give him that. He’ll be good for Prescott

75boyz

Reaction score
The jury is still out on Dak. He could prove Jerry is right.

I disagree. Some coach by the name of Landry told a young Parcells once " By the third year you usually know what ya got in a player."

Will there be late bloomer exceptions to the rule?

Of course.

Dak is the epitome of doing less with more.

I'll stick with Landry's opinion and disagree that the jury has returned and the unfortunate verdict is that Dak is more Brad Johnson or Dilfer but without their supporting defense, lol.

Sad But true. Just my opinion though.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When I say “ reporting “ I’m referring to my view of the events. Ultimately we must all remember this is an opinion driven format.

Your obviously taking opinion as it’s factual regardless how much they believe it to be true.
Most people think their opinion is fact. I think that’s what he was referring to and I also.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I disagree. Some coach by the name of Landry told a young Parcells once " By the third year you usually know what ya got in a player."

Of course.

I'll stick with Landry's opinion and disagree that the jury has returned and the unfortunate verdict is that Dak is more Brad Johnson or Dilfer but without their supporting defense, lol.

Prescott has done nothing but improve. It’s the team that went sour on Jason Garrett he lost the locker room. Prescott had a better statistic season than Mahomes

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Of course.

I’ll stick with Landry’s opinion also. But it has nothing to do with Prescott it just doesn’t apply.