Twitter: Prescott: We're running the Texas Coast offense

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I can’t see Dak having a ton of success in a West Coast style offense. Pre-snap reads and precision passing is even more important in that style offense. Those are Dak’s weaknesses.

I guess they just want to get the ball out a lot quicker which should help Dak’s poor pocket presence.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Saw this and thought it applied:
That doesn’t refute the basis of this argument responding to our HC stating he wanted to run the ball more. That’s all this was.

No one is denying balance is needed which if you look at the percentages over the last three seasons those percentages would support a balance .

The bigger issue in the balance becomes the timing of the play calls in certain situations . And ultimately the execution of the plays called.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know, who wants to win right. Dink dunk methodical, Tom Brady offense. We opened it up 500 yards a game and started to lose. Are you still wanna do that? Yes Bill walsh , Jerry Rice Joe Montana.. Boring dumb. LMAO.
Seems a little outdated though.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just as a random guess: The team is going to emphasize power running and play action off of it. Passing routes will be layered where Dak has to read one side of the field with a short, intermediate and long route instead of reading the entire field for 4 intermediate routes. All of this makes things easier for Dak.

Playing more of a west coast style and playing to Dak's strengths are not mutually exclusive.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Mannix

Reaction score
Stoopid name…but I actually for once agree with Fish that it should be shortened to Tex Coast Offense…also agree with him that Texas Coast will be called Texas Toast the first time it fails. People like to grab low hanging fruit, and it’s already hanging there by those thinking nobody else will have thought of it as a quick insult.

visionary

Reaction score
Just as a random guess: The team is going to emphasize power running and play action off of it. Passing routes will be layered where Dak has to read one side of the field with a short, intermediate and long route instead of reading the entire field for 4 intermediate routes. All of this makes things easier for Dak.

Playing more of a west coast style and playing to Dak's strengths are not mutually exclusive.
We are going to “emphasize power running” with Pollard and Vaughn as our top 2 RBs LOL

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I can’t see Dak having a ton of success in a West Coast style offense. Pre-snap reads and precision passing is even more important in that style offense. Those are Dak’s weaknesses.

I guess they just want to get the ball out a lot quicker which should help Dak’s poor pocket presence.
I dont think so, consider this, in the Air C offense with 4 option routes everyone has to read the play correctly... with the weast coast it will attack players and spots on the field should be an easier read for everyone involved. Pre Snap reads are well overblown anyway, the defense disguises what they are doing so much the only real pre snap is a box read and guessing if the saftey is man locked or roaming.. good luck reading the others coverage by how they are linning up pre snap now days. Often when Mahome is getting praised for "Reading the defense" and going to the open man it should really be "He extended the play and the coverage broke" thats what he is so good at.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I dont think so, consider this, in the Air C offense with 4 option routes everyone has to read the play correctly... with the weast coast it will attack players and spots on the field should be an easier read for everyone involved. Pre Snap reads are well overblown anyway, the defense disguises what they are doing so much the only real pre snap is a box read and guessing if the saftey is man locked or roaming.. good luck reading the others coverage by how they are linning up pre snap now days. Often when Mahome is getting praised for "Reading the defense" and going to the open man it should really be "He extended the play and the coverage broke" thats what he is so good at.

West Coast offense is also about putting the ball on the money in order to maximize YAC. You see Dak being able to do they consistently?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
West Coast offense is also about putting the ball on the money in order to maximize YAC. You see Dak being able to do they consistently?
I dont know, we will see, the one thing i do like is that very few plays will rely on "Noah Brown" making the play now as generally it will be about scheming the best matchup for the playmakers on the field. Also i think you will notice how plays are run to setup other plays more.. again the execution of course will be the biggest factor though.