Twitter: Prescott's rating on passes 20+ yards to Lamb

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree. This is a "scratch my head" claim for a lot of reasons.
I keep looking and it keeps coming back to someone using a strange definition.

"How do I get a 158.3 passer rating?
Passer rating is calculated using a player's passing attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. Passer rating in the NFL is on a scale from 0 to 158.3."
The scores for each category are added together. That sum is divided by six and multiplied by 100, which converts it into a rating on a scale from zero to 158.3. A average QB would receive a rating of 66.7 (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4, and 4/6 * 100 = 66.7).

A perfect passer rating requires at least 77.5 completions percentage, 12.5 yards per attempt, 1 TD per 8.421 attempts, and 0 interceptions.

Looking only at the games in which Dak threw 20+ yard completions to CeeDee.....

CeeDee was 5 of 6 targets vs the Rams for 59 yards, 9.83 per target and 0 TDs.
5 of 7 vs Seattle 65 yards, 9.28 per target, 0 TDs
Vs Atlanta 6 of 9 for 106, 11.78 per target, 0 TDs
8 of 11 vs Giants, 124 yards, 11.27 per target, 0 TDs (complete game totals)

The only game where CeeDee was perfect 2 for 2, 46 yards, and 23 per target was the Bengals, still 0 TDs. (No Dak game)
The only game Dak connected with CeeDee for TDs was Cleveland 5 of 7 for 79 yards, 11.29 per target and 2 TDs. One was 43 yards, the other was 5.

I suppose if you limit the criteria to Dak threw one 20+ yard pass to CeeDee in the Cleveland game that went for a TD, you could make a case. But that would be the same for any QB who completed a 20+ yard pass that went for a TD.

Otherwise I'm through "scratching my head" unless someone comes up with something tangible.
He threw two pass of 20+ yards to Lamb. One VS. Cleveland, the other Atlanta

At least it wasnt just one I guess. Still comical that someone actually tweeted the stat lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need some qualifiers here. Hard to be excited about it until we know more.
There is only 4 Dak to Lamb completions that covered 20 yards (that I can find).
1 vs the Falcons in the 4th qtr
2 vs Giants (1 in the 2nd another in the third)
1 vs Seattle in the third

Is that all the targets?
thx i was about to go check that thats INC TBD stat not enough reps to qualify..CD needs to make more plays that REZ HM hit him in the hands the great ones catch that , the 2 i believe that bounced off his hands would have been first downs one was an INT, those are stall drivers and game changers..odd he made these connections with dak but when Dalton needed it he had mental lapse's, yet both get credit while players like zeke have few mental lapses and get ridden into the ground in the zone.

hypocrisy.

curious how many romo to well ANYONE of 20+ were over his career? betting i know the Dez, TO, heck Austin, Robinson, Twill i bet there were many that qualify..

what did it lead to?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Okay, okay, okay......

I went back to the play by plays and found every pass from Dak to CeeDee. This twit was almost right in his tweet.
All told Dak DID have 9 complete targets to CD that covered at least 20 yards.
Under the guys own 20+ yard rule, Dak only had one TD on those targets.
Dak's 9 for 9, for 254 yards, 1TD, wouldn't qualify as a 158.3 QBR. (He needs 1 TD for every 8.421 attempts)

To be fair, he could throw out any of the other 20 yard passes, except the 43 yard TD, (and ignoring all the other plays between Dak and CeeDee), it would qualify as a 158.3 rating.
Of course, that is Selective Stats 101. Just ignore anything you don't like to make your point.

Now, everybody in this thread owes me a beer! And a LIKE!

If you don't want to go to sleep, skip this....

Rams:
Dak Prescott pass complete deep right to CeeDee Lamb for 33 yards (tackle by John Johnson)
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 3 yards (tackle by Troy Hill)
Dak Prescott pass incomplete short right intended for CeeDee Lamb
Dak Prescott pass complete short middle to CeeDee Lamb for 12 yards (tackle by Jordan Fuller)
Dak Prescott pass complete short middle to CeeDee Lamb for 9 yards (tackle by Troy Hill)
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 2 yards (tackle by Jordan Fuller)
ATT Comp YDs TDs Long
6 5 59 0 33
Falcons:
Dak Prescott pass complete short left to CeeDee Lamb for 10 yards (tackle by Darqueze Dennard)
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 9 yards (tackle by Foyesade Oluokun)
Dak Prescott pass complete deep middle to CeeDee Lamb for 37 yards (tackle by Damontae Kazee).
Dak Prescott pass incomplete short middle intended for CeeDee Lamb (defended by Darqueze Dennard)
Dak Prescott pass complete short left to CeeDee Lamb for 12 yards (tackle by Isaiah Oliver)
Dak Prescott pass incomplete short left intended for CeeDee Lamb
Dak Prescott pass complete short left to CeeDee Lamb for 14 yards (tackle by Isaiah Oliver)
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 24 yards (tackle by Damontae Kazee)
9 6 106 0 37

Seattle:
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 5 yards (tackle by Shaquill Griffin)
Dak Prescott pass incomplete short left intended for CeeDee Lamb (defended by Tre Flowers)
Dak Prescott pass complete deep middle to CeeDee Lamb for 28 yards (tackle by Quandre Diggs).
Dak Prescott pass complete deep right to CeeDee Lamb for 20 yards (tackle by Quandre Diggs)
Dak Prescott pass complete short left to CeeDee Lamb for 10 yards (tackle by Quandre Diggs)
Dak Prescott pass incomplete short middle intended for CeeDee Lamb (defended by Bobby Wagner)
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 2 yards (tackle by Shaquill Griffin)
7 5 65 0 28

Browns:
Dak Prescott pass complete deep middle to CeeDee Lamb for 43 yards, touchdown
Dak Prescott pass complete deep middle to CeeDee Lamb for 19 yards (tackle by B.J. Goodson)
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 5 yards (tackle by Denzel Ward)
Dak Prescott pass complete short left to CeeDee Lamb for 7 yards
Dak Prescott pass incomplete short middle intended for CeeDee Lamb (defended by Jacob Phillips)
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 5 yards, touchdown
7 5 79 2 43

Giants
Dak Prescott pass complete short middle to CeeDee Lamb for 18 yards (tackle by Adrian Colbert).
Dak Prescott pass complete short right to CeeDee Lamb for 10 yards (tackle by Logan Ryan)
Dak Prescott pass incomplete short left intended for CeeDee Lamb (defended by Darnay Holmes)
Dak Prescott pass complete deep middle to CeeDee Lamb for 26 yards (tackle by Adrian Colbert)
Dak Prescott pass complete short middle to CeeDee Lamb for 6 yards (tackle by Logan Ryan)
Dak Prescott pass complete deep middle to CeeDee Lamb for 21 yards (tackle by Adrian Colbert).
Dak Prescott pass complete deep middle to CeeDee Lamb for 22 yards (tackle by Adrian Colbert)
Two plays later Dak is injured.....6:46 in the third
8 6 103 0 26

Don't forget to LIKE this post! And send the beer! I'm tired.

Yep.........Dak is stud!! Got it..............Thanks!

ghst187

Reaction score
Oh yeah….Well why aren’t we running that play on every down?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Yep.........Dak is stud!! Got it..............Thanks!

Knew you couldn't read. If you understood any of that, you would know how silly that stat really is.

Take Romo and Austin. First start of Austin caught 10 passes for 250, 2 TDs. 158.3 QBR
Romo and Dez vs Saints in 2012, 9 of 12 (we're throwing out the incompletes like we did with Dak), so 9 of 9, 224, 2 TDs. 158.3 QBR
Carson Wentz to Dallas Goedert 8 of 9, 101 yards, 1 TD. 158.3 QBR
Care to try Kirk Cousins?
Jameis Winston?
Fitzpatrick?
Nick Foles?
You ain't got the balls to look have you?

Suffice to say, using loose definitions everybody is a Hall of Famer.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
For what it's worth, if Dak and CeeDee stay healthy this year, I think they're going to be the best combo among Dak's receivers.
I'm hoping to grab Lamb late in my fantasy draft as I don't think he'll be on the radar for most of the owners in our league.
I think he's going to EXPLODE this year.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Knew you couldn't read. If you understood any of that, you would know how silly that stat really is.

Take Romo and Austin. First start of Austin caught 10 passes for 250, 2 TDs. 158.3 QBR
Romo and Dez vs Saints in 2012, 9 of 12 (we're throwing out the incompletes like we did with Dak), so 9 of 9, 224, 2 TDs. 158.3 QBR
Jameis Winston?
Fitzpatrick?
Nick Foles?

rockport.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Jameis Winston?
Fitzpatrick?
Nick Foles?

NO I appreciate all your hard work. Thanks for proving that Dak is a stud!!!