Game Day ***Preseason 2 Game Cowboys vs Rams thread***

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I mentioned during the game Cooper Rush reminded me of Matt Moore. He played well in 2007 pre season. I always thought he would have made a great backup to Romo. We cut Matt Moore and lost him to the Panthers when we tried to get him to the PS.

We cut him and kept Brad "noodle arm" Johnson as the backup instead. Unfortunately, we'll probably cut Rush so we can keep another "noodle" arm as the backup QB this year as well. I hope this time around we still get to keep Rush and not lose him to another team.
Great comparison.

Sydla

Reaction score
In this current exchange at least it is.

1-7. 5-3. 8-8. There's a reasonable counter to your criticism, but you just don't want to hear it.

No in this exchange, I am right. A poster pointed out great coaches win consistently and make their teams better.

The responder pointed out what about 2016.

My response was spot on. The one thing Garrett has not done is win consistently. 2014 and 2016 don't change that when you look at the entire body of work.

Put up another double digit win season this year and then we can start talking about how Garrett now seems to this team being a more consistent winner.

PS - Elliott is a great player and a tough loss if he sits out 4-6 games. But if Garrett is as great as you guys claim, he should be able to overcome Elliott's loss.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have no idea. You'd have to answer that one for yourself. The road to winning Superbowls might not follow a specific pattern. There are probably a lot of guys who have done it a lot of different ways.

I do know our team has consistently gotten better under Jason Garrett.

Cowher would be one I think.

erod

Reaction score
Moore sucks my ten year old has a stronger arm. If you are going young every where else might as well go young here as well. Watching Moore last night just made the Zeke news even worse.
Well, I'll bet he's cut and put on the practice squad. They'll likely keep Moore and McCown.

Most teams have their own Cooper Rush in camp.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Moore sucks my ten year old has a stronger arm. If you are going young every where else might as well go young here as well. Watching Moore last night just made the Zeke news even worse.

I like Linehan as an OC but no coach is worth forcing the team's hand keeping a child as backup QB of the Dallas Cowboys. This is lunacy. Of course the local media won't say a word about it. Shame on all of them.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Well, I'll bet he's cut and put on the practice squad. They'll likely keep Moore and McCown.

Most teams have their own Cooper Rush in camp.
I get that but most teams don't keep a bu who only excels at the three yard slant.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
No in this exchange, I am right. A poster pointed out great coaches win consistently and make their teams better.

My response was spot on. The one thing Garrett has not done is win consistently. 2014 and 2016 don't change that when you look at the entire body of work.

Put up another double digit win season this year and then we can start talking about how Garrett now seems to this team being a more consistent winner.

PS - Elliott is a great player and a tough loss if he sits out 4-6 games. But if Garrett is as great as you guys claim, he should be able to overcome Elliott's loss.

And yet the great God like coach Jimmy johnson couldn't win without 22. The game as always been about the players.. it still remains that way today.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He said great coaches 'are consistently good,' which doesn't actually mean anything. But if we're talking about wins, the Cowboys have been in about the top quartile of the league under Garrett and are trending up.

What Garrett has done is consistently field teams that play to their level of relative ability. While improving the level of relative ability on the club.

To your PS, I don't claim that Garrett is a great coach. I do claim he gets unfairly criticized for some of those 8-8 clubs that pretty much performed up to their level of ability. I agree that he ought to be able to overcome the loss of the running back. We might drop some of those close games, but it won't cripple the offense, and it shouldn't.

Satchel89

Reaction score
I tapped out early last night. The defense was solid for the most part but I couldn't watch the offense anymore. Rush looked good. He's the only Quarterback that could complete a pass down the field. That touchdown to Rico was a nice play. Rush is the only option as backup to Dak right now. Moore through the one pass to the sideline and it took about 10 seconds to get there. Just terrible to watch. Rush came in and the offense had some life to it. Mccown was just as bad as Moore. I don't think we need to see either one of those players anymore.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Proposal

1. Kidnap Sean Mannion
2. Amputate Mannion's throwing arm
3. Amputate Kellen Moore's throwing arm
4. Donate Moore's arm to a needy Little League amputee
5. Surgically attach Mannion's arm onto Moore's body

Yea? Or nay?
What you have against Mannion? Why do you wantto make him an amputee? :rolleyes:

Cutting Moore is a better option , LOL:laugh: