Preseason game highlight video info...

calico

Reaction score
Hey all
First of all, I want to thank you all who prayed for my dad and had him in your thoughts. I also appreciate the supportive PMs...it meant alot to me. My dad made it through the surgery on Tuesday morning and he is doing fine for now, but not all the news was positive.

I will be able to make some vids of the game tomorrow night and post them here for those who don't have any access to the game. These will be big videos since I will try and include almost every play and a replay of the good plays.

I don't have anymore bandwidth on my server for this month and I was curious if anyone knew of some good solutions where I can upload these vids with ease and have everyone be able to access them. Thanks for any of the help you all give me.

I will hopefully get the vids up within a few hours after the game. I will be working on the first half vids while the second is going so hopefully I can help quell your riots for cowboy football. The other preseason games may not come as fast depending on how my dad's recovery is going and how long
I will have to go back to Houston for. Thanks all.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
YES!!! I live in Dallas so watching the games isn't a problem, but still, having the vids on my computer is always good for in between Sundays

thanks! I'm so glad you're gonna do it again this year, man

kmp77

Reaction score
How are you recording the clips? Tivo or directly to the computer?

Maybe we can share the vids via bitTorrent and let everyone help out on sending files....

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
I'll upload it to several multimedia newsgroups, alt.binaries.multimedia will be one. If I don't do it tomorrow night I'll do it Sunday. And I think someone mentioned rapidshare once, if it's reliable I can upload it there as well.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Great Calico! I won't be able to see the game, so I'll be most appreciative. It means a lot to be able to see the good plays.

Thanks so much for doing it.

calico

Reaction score
will be capturing it to my desktop as the game is going and DVRing it with my cable DVR box just in case. Then at halftime, I will transfer the video to my external HD and edit the first half on my laptop as my desktop captures the 2nd half.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Gratz on your dad Calico. Good to hear.

Thanks for the vids, though I will watch the game, like superman, I love highlights and cowboy clips. Can never get enough, especially when watching JJ break a long one. over and over and over again... or watching Roy bust up a receiver or better yet a QB, and that should happen several times a this year, maybe a few more 'Roy Rules' coming like no more Roy in the box, at all. lol - god I cant wait.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Calico, i wish your father a speedy recovery, and your videos are very much appreciated.

calico

Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Gratz on your dad Calico. Good to hear.

Thanks for the vids, though I will watch the game, like superman, I love highlights and cowboy clips. Can never get enough, especially when watching JJ break a long one. over and over and over again... or watching Roy bust up a receiver or better yet a QB, and that should happen several times a this year, maybe a few more 'Roy Rules' coming like no more Roy in the box, at all. lol - god I cant wait.

well, you might like my next vid with the history of the D.

I am working on 2 vids and will be posting a 3rd that was supposed to be an april fools joke to you guys that I never went through with. They should be ready soon.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Sooner or later, we all have to face what you're going through. Thanks for the upcoming vids.

marchetta

Reaction score
Thanx Calico! I live in CA, so the radio broadcast is the closest I can get to the game. I'll be eagerly anticipating your upload. (that doesn't sound gay does it?)

Letemburn

Reaction score
Yes! I was gonna ask if anyone was going to be doing this. Your the man Calico. Btw...will the game be on nfl gameday? or like sportsline or something? I for some odd reason like watching those more then listening to teh radio for the games even if the sportsline thing is behind a couple min. Thanks

EDIT: Nvm i just noticed the others were on it so yeah no reason cowboys shouldnt :)

kapolani

Reaction score
Calico -

I've watched every vid you've made and appreciated them immensely.

I'm a die hard dallas fan deep in the heart of Foreskin territory so any coverage I can get is greatly appreciated.

I didn't know about these trying times you have been going through.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless...

rojan

Reaction score
Thanks alot Calico......I hope your father has a speedy recovery and appreciate what you are doing for us

Martice

Reaction score
What is this "sportsline thing" you speak of letemburn? I live on the east coast and what you are speaking about sounds like an alternative I'd like to explore.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
calico said:
will be capturing it to my desktop as the game is going and DVRing it with my cable DVR box just in case. Then at halftime, I will transfer the video to my external HD and edit the first half on my laptop as my desktop captures the 2nd half.

Uhhhh ok, whatever you say. :eek:

If you need my help, just let me know. :)

Thanks for all your effort. It really is appreciated by those of us who can't see the game live.