Preseason games matter if you are relying on UDFA and rookies to play starter roles

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This was the first regular season game for 20-30% of the roster composed of UDFA and drafted players and it was utter crap show.

If the Jones are going to rely on bunch of UDFA to play starter roles then this pre-season performance can’t be accepted.

They sold us a bill of lies and fans can’t keep accepting this mediocrity team building from Jones as well.

Another drunken post.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I'm less concerned about the depth and young guys (although they weren't inspiring) and more concerned about the endless penalties this team commits. More than once Dallas committed multiple penalties on the same play. This team lacks discipline.

The supposed depth are starters in several few spots.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This was the first regular season game for 20-30% of the roster composed of UDFA and drafted players and it was utter crap show.

If the Jones are going to rely on bunch of UDFA to play starter roles then this pre-season performance can’t be accepted.

They sold us a bill of lies and fans can’t keep accepting this mediocrity team building from Jones as well.

I mean, one it's preseason. Two, I don't think fans are just going to stop being Cowboys fans because of this. At least I'm not planning on it lol. At any rate, I think we know this is probably not going to be a great season. For one thing, the Cowboys usually follow up a great season with a bad one, then play well the next season. The team got cocky in the offseason, and Mike's been getting sniped. I think this season reminds me of 2010 where we have the team, but the drama is so much that the team probably is just going to implode.

Cmac

Reaction score
Poor preseason play translates into false hopes during the regular season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Poor preseason play translates into false hopes during the regular season.

Ironically, this team tends to do better if our preseason is poor. That said, I can also see this being a rough season because of the trends of this team.

Carson

Reaction score
Some teams use pre season games to evaluate certain things. Some coaches actually game plan for their backups and try to put them in winning situations. Not these dallas offensive coaches. The lack of coaching continued and it showed in penalties and the horrible offensive game plan they had.
Denver was blitzing all night and had multiple formations and play calls.

We pretty much ran off guard or Cooper Rush rolled out and passed it to his dump off

Cmac

Reaction score
Ironically, this team tends to do better if our preseason is poor. That said, I can also see this being a rough season because of the trends of this team.
Last night, I learned why Anthony Brown was hailed as a good CB last year.......best of the worse.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok.....if that's what you believe.

I think he was unfairly called for PI last year in the Raiders game, and he played pretty well last season. That said, I didn't see the game last night because I was at a party, and NFL Network where I live was showing Football Life. So, I didn't see how we looked.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@Dak_Attack_09 , some (but not all) videos include typed audio. Here is another YouTube tip:

Click on the three dot ellipse under the video description. Then click "Show transcript." This will open a sidebar to the right of the video window that breaks down the audio complete with timestamps.

You (the member posting these videos) can scroll through the transcript, find the timestamp of whatever you want other members to listen to, and include it with your reply. This courtesy will provide your fellow members with the exact location in the video and help substantiate your reply. Otherwise, you are posting videos that do not mean what you think they should mean to other members.

hCxHC6C.png

Also, it would be appreciated if you would post current videos of Jerry and Stephen Jones. Even they might change what they say publicly to match questions posed to them in the here-and-now. Something they said back in March may not necessarily apply in the present.

By the way, I spotted Isaac Alarcón in the last few minutes of the game. He was sitting on the bench.

kento40

Reaction score
Our coaches can barely gameplan properly for a regular season game, what did you expect in preseason? The Broncos looked like a team that wanted the W, we looked like a team going through the motions. Lord I hope the Boys stay healthy this season.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
@Dak_Attack_09 , some (but not all) videos include typed audio. Here is another YouTube tip:

Click on the three dot ellipse under the video description. Then click "Show transcript." This will open a sidebar to the right of the video window that breaks down the audio complete with timestamps.

You (the member posting these videos) can scroll through the transcript, find the timestamp of whatever you want other members to listen to, and include it with your reply. This courtesy will provide your fellow members with the exact location in the video and help substantiate your reply. Otherwise, you are posting videos that do not mean what you think they should mean to other members.

hCxHC6C.png

Also, it would be appreciated if you would post current videos of Jerry and Stephen Jones. Even they might change what they say publicly to match questions posed to them in the here-and-now. Something they said back in March may not necessarily apply in the present.

By the way, I spotted Isaac Alarcón in the last few minutes of the game. He was sitting on the bench.

He was the LT when Dinucci got the only and only TD.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Denver was blitzing all night and had multiple formations and play calls.

We pretty much ran off guard or Cooper Rush rolled out and passed it to his dump off

All terrible coaching. No game plan to help these young guys succeed. Coupled with the exact same problems they had last year in penalties.