Preseason is over, Real Season about to start, time for fans to reset

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the preseason over and the regular season about to start in less than 2 weeks now.
These next 2 days we will see the roster cut downs, and waiver claims and / or trades if any to finalize the 53 and Practice Squad.

Time for fans to reset and put some differences aside and focus on the regular season. Yes, there will be differences. But hopefully in the form of discussion and not arguing over certain players as it has been all of offseason.

I am excited football is very close, but also very cautiously optimistic. With a lot of changes in the starters as well as depth. Counting on the youth from the past 2 or 3 drafts. The injury to Sam Williams and now Bland takes away some of the enthusiasm for me, for now.

I really do not know what to expect from this team as there will be growing pains. Revamped OL, RBBC, and what Mickey says, DTBC. New set of LB's. A deep secondary but hurt by Bland being out the 1st 4 to 6 games, possibly up to 8 games. Will Ceedee be signed and how will they be without him.
I see a rough start to the season, but hopefully we all will be surprised. But without our starters getting any playing time they will be rusty. It always happens.
Some pressure may seem to be on Dak to carry the load, but he is still a very good QB and is capable to do it.

2 weeks (less a day) away from our game. But with college football in full swing this weekend, that will help with making the time seem to go by faster (though it will not actually).

Are you ready for some football? Here We Go.

GO COWBOYS :thumbup::flagwave::clap::starspin:

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Cut down day will tell us everything we need to know when it comes to the direction of the team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time for fans to reset and put some differences aside and focus on the regular season. Yes, there will be differences. But hopefully in the form of discussion and not arguing over certain players as it has been all of offseason.
PYviQuX.gif

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Time to get excited starting in about 8-9 days. A new season will be here and time to get into football. Can't watch much live but football is still my favorite besides mma but mma is year round.

starfan1

Reaction score
With the preseason over and the regular season about to start in less than 2 weeks now.
These next 2 days we will see the roster cut downs, and waiver claims and / or trades if any to finalize the 53 and Practice Squad.

I am excited football is very close, but also very cautiously optimistic. With a lot of changes in the starters as well as depth. Counting on the youth from the past 2 or 3 drafts. The injury to Sam Williams and now Bland takes away some of the enthusiasm for me, for now.

I really do not know what to expect from this team as there will be growing pains. Revamped OL, RBBC, and what Mickey says, DTBC. New set of LB's. A deep secondary but hurt by Bland being out the 1st 4 to 6 games, possibly up to 8 games. Will Ceedee be signed and how will they be without him.
I see a rough start to the season, but hopefully we all will be surprised. But without our starters getting any playing time they will be rusty. It always happens.
Some pressure may seem to be on Dak to carry the load, but he is still a very good QB and is capable to do it.

2 weeks (less a day) away from our game. But with college football in full swing this weekend, that will help with making the time seem to go by faster (though it will not actually).

Are you ready for some football? Here We Go.

GO COWBOYS :thumbup::flagwave::clap::starspin:
I applaud your efforts but you do realize where youre at?

Flamma

Reaction score
Do they always have a bye week between preseason and regular season?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do they always have a bye week between preseason and regular season?
Use to be about 10 days when they had 4 PS games. The last one being on a Thursday night.
Since they went to 3 PS games, it has been around 2 weeks, or a little less.

starfan1

Reaction score
Im excited football is back, but my expectations for this team are low. I haven't forgotten about the opportunity they blew last season. Those dont come around often.
I get the disappointment of the GB game but anyone who thought they were going into san fran and winning they were fooling themselves. Green bay just sent us home a week sooner than anticipated.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I get the disappointment of the GB game but anyone who thought they were going into san fran and winning they were fooling themselves. Green bay just sent us home a week sooner than anticipated.
We wouldve played Detroit at home had we won

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cut down day will tell us everything we need to know when it comes to the direction of the team.
No it won't the cut downs are quite obvious there are maybe 10 players 15 at the most that as of Saturday at that last preseason games we're on a bubble the rest of the starters and most of the backups are already chosen before then if you're worried about the bottom churning part of this depth then you got a problem we pretty much brought back almost the same team from last year the starting 22 there's very few changes other than Mike Zimmer and a new defense and we brought in some good depth at free agency with the defensive line and whatnot.

It won't be the cut downs it's gonna be simply is CD lamb gonna be signed to a new deal or is he gonna hold out or is he gonna play under his fifth year option and push this in to next off season that's the only? Right now and are they gonna pick up a veteran corner for insurance for bland.

The cuts almost all the cuts are obvious there's only very few players that are gonna be a hard cut by the team and those are 4th and 5th stringers and special teams guys I don't understand how that's eating a thing so maybe you should restate that cut down day will tell us everything we already know the starting 22 and we almost already know all the backup rotations that's a fact maybe you haven't paid attention so no it's what they do between now and game one with lamb Prescott and maybe the corner situation..

Outside of that there's absolutely no mystery to what the makeup of this team's gonna look like against the Cleveland Browns... None apparently you don't watch the offseason in preseason or you already know that most of these cut downs are obvious and only a few of the four stringers on the depth chart they have to decide like which wide receivers and running backs to keep outside of the top 2 that means that is third and fourth string guys you're worried about.. There are very few mysteries to how this roster is gonna look game one it's almost a lock outside of those three names I mentioned it would be lamb the corner situation and maybe addressing Prescott in a surprising move they give him a new deal before the season starts there isn't a whole lot of else gonna happen on cut down day except the obvious..

Flamma

Reaction score
Use to be about 10 days when they had 4 PS games. The last one being on a Thursday night.
Since they went to 3 PS games, it has been around 2 weeks, or a little less.
Really? I don't recall this. I probably knew this at some point. But into my 50s I have become mentally challenged and need a reminder. Thank you.

starfan1

Reaction score
We wouldve played Detroit at home had we won
and we probably would have lost that 1. We were lucky to beat them a few weeks earlier my point is no one was realistically expected a SB birth that was realistic about last years team. We knew the flaws going in to the playoffs. and Im told here that the only thing that matters is a SB we would have come up short.

jwitten82

Reaction score
and we probably would have lost that 1. We were lucky to beat them a few weeks earlier my point is no one was realistically expected a SB birth that was realistic about last years team. We knew the flaws going in to the playoffs. and Im told here that the only thing that matters is a SB we would have come up short.
We should've at least made the championship game. You think this team is less flawed than last years?

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Im excited football is back, but my expectations for this team are low. I haven't forgotten about the opportunity they blew last season. Those dont come around often.
I've had zero expectations since I realized Jerry didn't care about the GB loss, which was as soon as I saw him walk into the locker room to give everyone a "we'll get 'em next year!" pep talk. But...let's see what happens.

gtb1943

Reaction score
what matters is being able to contend for a SB which we have barely sniffed in thirty years; and never got close enough to even touch a championship game.