Pressure rate vs Sacks

Proof

Reaction score
I may see if I can dig up numbers, but boy it seems like Micah has got to have one of the worst discrepancies in numbers. For how close he always is, it's a wonder that he doesn't have astronomical sack numbers. He's going to wind up with a blow up game (sack wise) soon I feel. The fact he's never recorded 3 sacks in a game yet is wild

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
whats crazy is that were first in pressure and i think pressure rate too.
But were at 18 sacks for far, 7 of those coming from the giants game. Eagles at 31

Not saying our dline is terrible, but its a weird thing not seeing increased sacks with our insane pressures. Wonder if anyone has a avg time in the pocket for the opposing qb, harder to get sacks when they can get the ball out fast.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure the Cowboys lead the league in QB pressure by quite a bit. This defense was built to play with a lead. In games like yesterday it clearly shows how much better they are when that happens.

I love that we have multiple players who can pass rush also. Was thinking about that seeing DWare yesterday. He could have used some help.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But were at 18 sacks for far, 7 of those coming from the giants game. Eagles at 31

Not saying our dline is terrible, but its a weird thing not seeing increased sacks with our insane pressures. Wonder if anyone has a avg time in the pocket for the opposing qb, harder to get sacks when they can get the ball out fast.
I do think there's some validity to this. Teams know we are going to get pressure. That pressure can turn into sacks if the ball isn't thrown quickly. The need to get the ball out quickly results in interceptions like the one Stafford threw to Bland. The QB knows he isn't likely to have time to see the play develop, so he's got to throw with anticipation. If what you anticipated doesn't happen (for example, the Rams were expecting Bland to get picked and possibly for Kupp to sit down on the route instead of break outside, despite what Olsen said) then it can result in a costly error.

Proof

Reaction score

right. it's just... odd. like someone else mentioned though, I guess if you prepare for Dallas knowing they're going to bring such crazy pressure you scheme against it. Micah is just always RIGHT there though, and it's just not translating to "sacks" And ultimately, who cares it's individual numbers, but I'd like to see it for him (and for arguing w/ trolls lol)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Factor in how many times he has been held and not called. Pressures and sacks would be even higher.

Either his own, plus others that could been freed up.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I have PFF, but they dont seem to track that unfortunately.

We also seem to lose a fair amount of sacks on scrambles. If we played more zone, we would probably have more sacks but fewer TO's

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not yesterday. Once it was 33-3 the defense clearly lost their intensity.
Exactly I don't know what people are watching but from what I saw they literally allowed for the seventh straight game to be walked down the field and give up a score to start a game and also how they did just before the half and how they did coming right out of the half it was definitely not playing with any intensity... The momentum started swinging back to the Rams and that's why Stafford tried to stay out there till it was absolutely obvious they weren't gonna make a real comeback but truly this depends let up I mean I don't know what else to say but people keep giving all these accolades to the defense that seems to do this every game they literally were responsible for the two losses I know there were other issues there but in my opinion they were responsible for the two losses they are not great in between the turnovers yes they turned the ball over yes they make big plays yes they look exciting but they absolutely are not one of the top five defenses in the league from where I sit because that will be judged by how they play the better teams not the teams with less than stellar offensive lines...

We're about to find out again the plan has always been started the blueprint from the Eagles on how to neutralize Micah Parsons and that's why he's not getting as many sacks they're trying to get the ball out quick they're running right at him or they're running away from him but they're making sure they limit his effect on the game.. They have when healthy the Eagles have one of the best offensive lines in football if not the number one offensive line in football and that is why in the trenches on both sides of the ball they're slightly better team than us... Did you see our offensive line and now go look at how theirs play most of the time they have a bigger pocket they have better holes for the run they just are better in the trenches and like I said that's the only small advantage they have on us...

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
I have PFF, but they dont seem to track that unfortunately.

We also seem to lose a fair amount of sacks on scrambles. If we played more zone, we would probably have more sacks but fewer TO's
i dunno, i always felt like man coverage in general granted more sacks but fewer TOs, but im just speaking from the couch

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

1: NYG Daniel Jones 3.04 seconds, 7 sacks
2: Zach Wilson 3.17 seconds, 3 sacks
3: Josh Dobbs 2.36 seconds, 2 sacks
4: Mac Jones 3.18 seconds, 2 sacks
5: Brock Purdy 2.56 seconds,1 sack
6: Justin Herbert 3.00 seconds, 1 sack
7: Bye
8: Matt Stafford 2.60 seconds, 2 sacks

Sack production is just about what the offense is doing. More specifically, sack production is a product of playing with a lead and forcing opponents to try to develop passing plays down the field.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score

Sack production is just about what the offense is doing. More specifically, sack production is a product of playing with a lead and forcing opponents to try to develop passing plays down the field.
Thanks for putting that together

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Where did you get this information

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I may see if I can dig up numbers, but boy it seems like Micah has got to have one of the worst discrepancies in numbers. For how close he always is, it's a wonder that he doesn't have astronomical sack numbers. He's going to wind up with a blow up game (sack wise) soon I feel. The fact he's never recorded 3 sacks in a game yet is wild
This was a few weeks ago, but should still be pretty close to accurate.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i dunno, i always felt like man coverage in general granted more sacks but fewer TOs, but im just speaking from the couch
Yes, but you also have to remember the DB has his back turned towards the QB. It gives the QB an opportunity to escape the pocket without as much containment. We lost several sacks the first few weeks of the season because QB's we able to exploit that once they got out of the pocket