Pressure rate vs Sacks

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
whats crazy is that were first in pressure and i think pressure rate too.
But were at 18 sacks for far, 7 of those coming from the giants game. Eagles at 31

Not saying our dline is terrible, but its a weird thing not seeing increased sacks with our insane pressures. Wonder if anyone has a avg time in the pocket for the opposing qb, harder to get sacks when they can get the ball out fast.
Probably has something to do with the lack DT push. Against Philly, QBs frequently have a fully collapsing pocket.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Probably has something to do with the lack DT push. Against Philly, QBs frequently have a fully collapsing pocket.
You know that's hilarious that you said that,

whenever OSA was having one of his best years, it's already been a fact goal since having a really good year I mean we watch gallimore and then you making excuses for our defensive ends in Parsons without having any data to support it..

The better answer is teams are trying to get the ball out faster it's creating habit because they're turning the ball over and our guys are at least a step late double teamed and sometimes triple team they're working so hard to stop our team from getting sacks because it's getting turnovers or is it least ruining plays you know like incomplete balls happened to punt on 3rd down failures... Etcetera etcetera etcetera no it's not our defensive tackles show me...

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
wow. that's insane! there has to be some sort of correction coming, right? damn
Probably.

Howell leads the league in sacks taken and they still get Jones again. Hurts takes quite a few sacks too

Creeper

Reaction score
But were at 18 sacks for far, 7 of those coming from the giants game. Eagles at 31

Not saying our dline is terrible, but its a weird thing not seeing increased sacks with our insane pressures. Wonder if anyone has a avg time in the pocket for the opposing qb, harder to get sacks when they can get the ball out fast.
Teams get the ball out quicker against Dallas. But I also think after the Arizona game, the Cowboys changed their strategy to stopping the run first and getting sack second.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I may see if I can dig up numbers, but boy it seems like Micah has got to have one of the worst discrepancies in numbers. For how close he always is, it's a wonder that he doesn't have astronomical sack numbers. He's going to wind up with a blow up game (sack wise) soon I feel. The fact he's never recorded 3 sacks in a game yet is wild
He's not on that level!! He takes himself out of plays almost all the time when he's rushing from the end spot, if he could bend and get to the QB he'd have that big big number, he just rushes straight up filed and gets pushed

Proof

Reaction score
He's not on that level!! He takes himself out of plays almost all the time when he's rushing from the end spot, if he could bend and get to the QB he'd have that big big number, he just rushes straight up filed and gets pushed
hush. take a break.

Nexx

Reaction score

our ends are great at getting pressures. our DT's are horrible at pushing the pocket. This lets QB's simply step up in the pocket and get the pass off while avoiding our ends or gives them a lane to run into and out of pressure.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
You know that's hilarious that you said that,

whenever OSA was having one of his best years, it's already been a fact goal since having a really good year I mean we watch gallimore and then you making excuses for our defensive ends in Parsons without having any data to support it..

The better answer is teams are trying to get the ball out faster it's creating habit because they're turning the ball over and our guys are at least a step late double teamed and sometimes triple team they're working so hard to stop our team from getting sacks because it's getting turnovers or is it least ruining plays you know like incomplete balls happened to punt on 3rd down failures... Etcetera etcetera etcetera no it's not our defensive tackles show me...
No offense but I honestly have no idea what you're saying here

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Factor in how many times he has been held and not called. Pressures and sacks would be even higher.

Either his own, plus others that could been freed up.
Is that an official stat somewhere or falls in the category of "I've seen plenty of times how ... (insert made-up double standard whine)?"

blueblood70

Reaction score
No offense but I honestly have no idea what you're saying here
what do i need to spoon feed you the information?? you or somebody else is insinuating that our Dends are not getting enough sacks blaming the middle ,and yet many of them are playing the best they for their careers including Osa who could make the pro bowl.

it's pretty simple stop making excuses for our ends blaming the middle lmao..umm ok.., it's pretty simple teams are trying to get the ball out quicker and our players have been a tick late that's it,

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
It’s mostly outside pressure. We need more inside pressure. Outside pressure can be easier avoid by stepping up or away from it

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
It’s mostly outside pressure. We need more inside pressure. Outside pressure can be easier avoid by stepping up or away from it
thats why i like Parsons lining up over center sometimes, but outside Osa i dont think we get much push from the interior

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
I think some people are not aware of just how much our pass rush affects the opponents game plan. They have developed plays specifically to take Parsons out of the play. There are some plays I see him take on a double-team on the line and then get chipped by a back. Several teams designed plays to take advantage of his ultra-aggressive pass rush. They run the delayed draw to his side knowing he will be up the field in seconds and their runner can sneak inside. They throw the slant or similar routes to his side knowing he vacates the end so quickly the receiver will be open.

As others have said, the key to beating Dallas's defense is gaming the pass rush by getting the ball out quickly, negating the pressure. Screens, quick slants, out routes, etc. Three step drop and the ball better be out. Very similar to our first game when MM schemed a bunch of quick passes where one receiver clears and the other runs an out behind him, or when the back fakes the run and runs to the flat or to the center of the field for a dump off. The QB always has an open target when he hits step three of his drop back. It isn't pretty, but if they can get 3-4 yards a play they're in business.

Parson's will get his sacks. But look at it this way, I would rather totally disrupt the opposing teams game plan than have an additional 2 sacks a game. And when we disrupt the game plan and get the sacks, sweet!

BTW - I think the SF game wasn't what everyone thought it was. Rather than a more talented team beating up on the Cowboys, I saw it more as SF game-planned the hell out of that game to beat us, to the point I think they probably worked on us even during previous weeks. They were busy getting their butts handed to them the last several weeks by less talented teams. I think we get another shot at them the outcome will be different.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
what do i need to spoon feed you the information?? you or somebody else is insinuating that our Dends are not getting enough sacks blaming the middle ,and yet many of them are playing the best they for their careers including Osa who could make the pro bowl.

it's pretty simple stop making excuses for our ends blaming the middle lmao..umm ok.., it's pretty simple teams are trying to get the ball out quicker and our players have been a tick late that's it,
Despite me saying "no offense" I see that you have, indeed, taken offense.

I agree teams are trying to get the ball out faster, but it would be a weird choice for teams to treat the Eagles defense any differently.

Not making any excuses for the DEs. I'm just saying the DTs aren't really creating the same push. Makes sense considering their DTs are better.