News: 'Pretty much a full go:' Prescott stacking good days at Cowboys practice

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
'Pretty much a full go:' Prescott stacking good days at Cowboys practice

USATSI_14956783.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys’ former coach was a vocal proponent of “stacking good days,” often espousing to his team the inherent value in simply putting forth one good day of work, then doing it again the next day, and then again the next.

The team’s current quarterback was paying attention. And Dak Prescott seems to be borrowing Jason Garrett’s same strategy as he now returns to action after a nasty injury just seven months ago.

“It felt good from Day One to Day Two,” Prescott told reporters following the team’s second day of OTAs and his second consecutive day of practicing with the offense. “So right now, I think you’re just building up that endurance, being able to make sure if we’re going again tomorrow that I can do that, and be ready to go five, six, seven days straight if I needed to.”

Read Full Story

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Is that anything like a Pringles stack. Stacking a comeback player of the year with a league MVP and world championship. The Pringles Dallas Cowboys fantasy stack. ;)

Oh play funky town :)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that anything like a Pringles stack. Stacking a comeback player of the year with a league MVP and world championship. The Pringles Dallas Cowboys fantasy stack. ;)

Oh play funky town :)

Get ready for a $15 can of Pringles at Jerry World.....:popcorn:...imagine that as a Pringles can, not popcorn....:muttley:

Maybe they can serve them up on a plate with cheese and jalapeños

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That depends on what we are defining as "good days". If he's getting better it's a good day.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
That's one of the laws of the red headed stranger. The three pillars of the Garrett Mantra "stacking good days", "tryin to make one day better than the next", and being "the right kind of guy". A quizzical coach yes, but his philosophies were just. Let us just hope that the days of trying to nice guy them to death have passed us by.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This is why it takes more than one year to evaluate a new HC.

The stink of JG was still all over this team last year, and there's still some lingering, apparently.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
In before the "Dak is back" "Dak sucks" posts.
Havent tried to even notice the negatives, at this point its all in or just cry like a baby, if your not all in by now then Jerry isnt doing his job.
Might be a late FA signing or two after cuts, we will see, but as of right now this roster is set to roll into TC with what we got.
Everyone here knows that I havent been the biggest Dak contract fan, but Im a Cowboys fan, so Im a Dak fan now, Im a realist and Im all in.
Dak has been working hard, so I cant wait to see what this team has,, the crying has to end, the tears must dry.
His thighs are prime.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This is why it takes more than one year to evaluate a new HC.

The stink of JG was still all over this team last year, and there's still some lingering, apparently.

What is the rough date the statute of limitations ends on blaming the previous regime? When Mike is no longer absolved of wrongdoing

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What is the rough date the statute of limitations ends on blaming the previous regime? When Mike is no longer absolved of wrongdoing
Right around the time anyone who A) thinks JG was a good coach or B) thinks you can evaluate MM based on last year has a football opinion with any credibility.

Motorola

Reaction score
'Pretty much a full go:' Prescott stacking good days at Cowboys practice

USATSI_14956783.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys’ former coach was a vocal proponent of “stacking good days,” often espousing to his team the inherent value in simply putting forth one good day of work, then doing it again the next day, and then again the next.

The team’s current quarterback was paying attention. And Dak Prescott seems to be borrowing Jason Garrett’s same strategy as he now returns to action after a nasty injury just seven months ago.

“It felt good from Day One to Day Two,” Prescott told reporters following the team’s second day of OTAs and his second consecutive day of practicing with the offense. “So right now, I think you’re just building up that endurance, being able to make sure if we’re going again tomorrow that I can do that, and be ready to go five, six, seven days straight if I needed to.”

Read Full Story
'WoodysGirl': Thanks for the post. And kudos to you for providing factual info about the team - be it Cowboys beat reporters, etc.