Priest Holmes to possibly retire tomorrow... *Merge*

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Gonna have to move this one too Hos. haha.

Sorry DBoys, two threads on this in the NFL Zone.

Sorry about that Mods....didn't check. It seemed "brand new".

My bad!!

Hey...I thought I was on a hot streak.......I broke the TO suspension story.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
This is to bad...Holmes is a real class act/talent in the NFL. We need MORE players like him!

Eskimo

Reaction score
I hope Holmes got most of his bonus money already from the contract extension he signed in 2003 (the articles I read suggested it was mostly option bonuses). The Chiefs got him really cheap the first couple of years before they extended his deal.

burmafrd

Reaction score
His career stats may not be that impressive, but he was some kind of scoring machine!! ANother blot on his resume is that the Chiefs were not a consistent winning team making noise in the playoffs. But if Bradshaw and Lynn Swann can get in, then he should to.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I hope Holmes got most of his bonus money already from the contract extension he signed in 2003 (the articles I read suggested it was mostly option bonuses). The Chiefs got him really cheap the first couple of years before they extended his deal.
I heard this morning on Sirius NFL that he's due a big bonus NEXT year. Looks like he may not ever see that money.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Geez, that's really awful. Wonderful player, and obvious nice guy.

It's a real loss to the NFL.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Help me here, if he retires does he get a settlemment/insurance since it was a career ending injury, otherwise why wouldn't he just finish the year on ir and get paid, I mean this time of year don't they get paid by the game checks which would be alot of $$

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:
His career stats may not be that impressive, but he was some kind of scoring machine!! ANother blot on his resume is that the Chiefs were not a consistent winning team making noise in the playoffs. But if Bradshaw and Lynn Swann can get in, then he should to.
If you are suggesting he should be in the hall of fame, the answer is NO. He did not have a hall of fame career pre-injury. With his age (and Larry Johnson on the roster) it is unlikely he would have had a hall of fame career without injury.

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
Well god bless the guy, but how bad can you feel for a 32 year old retiring as a multi-millionaire?