Primetime comment on NFL network

RS12

Reaction score
I thought he hit it right on the head when he said " Dallas only had to stop one one guy on Philly (Westbrook) and they could not do it. Particularly in light of the fact he was not 100 percent. Yes I know the offense was lousy yesterday, but I thought the defense was so so.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Without Jim Johnson and Westbrook the Eagles are nothing - I hate the team/organization/99.9 percent of all players and coaches that have ever worn that hideous green, but both of those guys are damn good at what they do.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
RS12;1840130 said:
I thought he hit it right on the head when he said " Dallas only had to stop one one guy on Philly (Westbrook) and they could not do it. Particularly in light of the fact he was not 100 percent. Yes I know the offense was lousy yesterday, but I thought the defense was so so.

Wow I didn't see the game yet but that took guts by Andy Reid to just show up with Westbrook

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The defense held the Eagles to 10 points but there were alot of dropped passes by the Eagles and they do not have alot of playmakers.

The front 7 really got after it but this was a very anemic offense they faced.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Like I said last night, Westbrook is only leading the league in yards from scrimmage. He's going to go over 2,000 yards this season. So let's not act like we allowed some scrub to run all over us.

Actually, the much simpler and more direct answer is that Deion is an idiot.

anava

Reaction score
RS12;1840130 said:

I heard that as well. And I think you and "Primetime" are on crack. The defense did a great job yesterday considering how long the offense left them on the field. And Philly played with a short field all day. Fortunately when the D has stunk it up the offense has been able to overcome. But when you cant score points it makes it real tuff. The blame goes on two people yesterday Romo and Garrett.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
the last play by Westbrook was the most unselfish play I have ever seen a professional athlete make. And to make the decision on the run to endzone shows he knew exactly what he had to do. Without the ball Dallas had no chance. With a ball they still had a chance. Incredibly smart decision.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense was very good when it came to not allowing points but it sucked when it came to generating turnovers.

The offense was beyond bad.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Did you see the replay of Andy Reid's face when Westbrook stopped at the one?

It was a mixture of surprise and delight. That's probably the face he makes when the toaster pops up a couple of waffles.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;1840242 said:
Did you see the replay of Andy Reid's face when Westbrook stopped at the one?

It was a mixture of surprise and delight. That's probably the face he makes when the toaster pops up a couple of waffles.

:laugh2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Westbrook is one of the very best in the NFL and a smart guy as well. Looking at all the EGO's around- HOW many would have stopped there?

burmafrd

Reaction score
That said- 10 pts. Untill the last minute when it could have been more. The D stepped up pretty well. not good enough- but the O and Redball and Wade have a lot to make up for.

ndanger

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1840152 said:
the last play by Westbrook was the most unselfish play I have ever seen a professional athlete make. And to make the decision on the run to endzone shows he knew exactly what he had to do. Without the ball Dallas had no chance. With a ball they still had a chance. Incredibly smart decision.

Actually John Runyun told him in the huddle to drop at the one yard line so they could run the clock out.

superpunk

Reaction score
Prime is an imbecile. Even though we seemed content to let Westbrook get the ball, we tackled very well, and limited him. We held him below his average for the season in YPC and YPReception. Heck, we shut him down running the ball until that 29 yarder to end the game. (Before that he was averaging 3.0 ypc - that's not even Julius Jones territory.) We limited Westbrook. We limited their entire offense. All we needed was to score a TD. Westbrook was irrelevent.

Prime is a moron. Here's a guy who declared earlier in the season - "Face guarding is illegal in the NFL."

The Ravens got their monies-worth.

FCBarca

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1840141 said:
The defense held the Eagles to 10 points but there were alot of dropped passes by the Eagles and they do not have alot of playmakers.

The front 7 really got after it but this was a very anemic offense they faced.

Precisely...McNabb really only threw a couple of poor throws...Everything else was either on the money (And occasionally dropped) or thrown outta bounds to avoid a sack (Romo should've learned about this on a couple of those sacks).

10 pts is impressive to hold an NFL team to but considering how anemic the Eagles offense is, kinda not that impressive...And Deion is right, again...Westbrook was the only guy to really focus on, that and getting QB pressure.

I think the other issue to focus on apart from all the things mentioned before is to simply get a better start to games...They look rusty often until about the 3rd quarter...Even a high octane offense like this can continually have their possessions reduced and place higher pressure on them that simply magnifies failure...Kinda miss this team getting going early and being focused.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
RS12;1840130 said:

They held Westbrook in check for most of the game. Romo hung the defense out to dry. The Cowboys should have easily dominated time of possession. Instead the Eagles had it possession for about eight more minutes than the Cowboys. Thats eight more minutes the Cowboys defense was left on the field.

I counted six three and outs by the Cowboys offense. The Eagles whom do not have a great offense and only a sigle playmaker on the entire team in Westbrook only had four three and outs.

The issues here wasn't the defense. It was Romo and his thumb. They can attempt to cover it up by calling out execution and whatever else you want to sugar coat it with. Romo couldn't throw the ball with his gimp thumb. After the first half or hell after the third quarter, it was clear he couldn't do it and they should have pulled him in favor of Brad Johnson. At least he could throw the ball and without question at minimum, he wouldn't have been any worse than Romo and probably better as he at least could have thrown the ball to his intended target. That alone would have helped open up a running game.

FCBarca

Reaction score
nyc;1840293 said:
Romo couldn't throw the ball with his gimp thumb. After the first half or hell after the third quarter, it was clear he couldn't do it and they should have pulled him in favor of Brad Johnson. At least he could throw the ball and without question at minimum, he wouldn't have been any worse than Romo and probably better as he at least could have thrown the ball to his intended target. That alone would have helped open up a running game.

Yeah, I said the same thing in the 3rd quarter...As strange as it sounded, even Brad Johnson could've helped the offense move down the field with the dink and dunks like Philly were doing...At least he'd release the ball properly...It's no indictment on Romo, he couldn't throw the ball with that thumb

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1840143 said:
Like I said last night, Westbrook is only leading the league in yards from scrimmage. He's going to go over 2,000 yards this season. So let's not act like we allowed some scrub to run all over us.

Actually, the much simpler and more direct answer is that Deion is an idiot.
Agreed, even if Westbrook scores on that play the Cowboys Defense only gave up 17 points, that should be plenty with our offense.

utrunner07

Reaction score
RS12;1840130 said:

Yeah I saw that comment and thought what a stupid thing to say! Did he even watch the game? Dallas contained Westbrook almost all day, you can never contain a guy like that 100% but Dallas's D did a great job on him. What do you expect when the offense only puts up 6 points? A win? Get real...that was an incredibly dumb comment but him and showed that he didnt watch the game as it appears you may not have either. :rolleyes: