Pro Bowl game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevm3

Reaction score
Or I can look at a decade of history and seeing that we are having the same problems but everybody aside from Garrett is catching blame and losing their jobs. After failure after failure, it's everybody but Jason Garrett. I've already seen historic talent with Dez, Witten, Romo and even Murray flushed down the toilet. Now we've been blessed to have a new batch of talent with Cooper, Zeke and Dak, and yet we're going to keep on with the same insanity.

I can see year after year how we were told that during preseason when our offense looked like molasses that Garrett would unleash the REAL plays during the regular season only to see the offense look the exact same.

I can see yet another trend of incompetent decision making from the FO of considering Moore as our OC when we need to evaluate what we have in Dak before we pay him in a contract year. I wouldn't be surprised if Moore is being lined up as another scape goat.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
HYt7BOr.gif

Dre11

Reaction score
Keep on defending 10 years of failure. You must be getting paid to be a cowboys viral marketer to try to convince us that keeping the SAME coach and making a guy with on year of coaching experience as a QB Coach is suitable to be OC. I'm sure you'll have a nice excuse for us this year just like you keep trying to convince us that Garrett is some above average coach. I'm sure it's everyone else's fault. What's sad is this was just for fun and we STILL couldn't score. Somehow the AFC joked and laughed their way to blowing us out.

Keep on being the poster child for dumb cowboys fan.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
At what point in the game did Garrett let players from the O play D?

kevm3

Reaction score
Keep on being the poster child for dumb cowboys fan.

Poster child for dumb cowboys fans to who?
Even people outside this organization can see Garrett isn't fit for head coach. Even FORMER COWBOYS PLAYERS can see the same thing. Remember how letting 'problem-child' Dez go would fix everything? Second round playoff exit. Who is going to be the scapegoat this year?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poster child for dumb cowboys fans to who?
Even people outside this organization can see Garrett isn't fit for head coach. Even FORMER COWBOYS PLAYERS can see the same thing. Remember how letting 'problem-child' Dez go would fix everything? Second round playoff exit. Who is going to be the scapegoat this year?

The point wasn’t that Garrett is all that, it’s that the Pro Bowl isn’t a measuring stick. Speaking for myself, I have no problem with anyone saying Garrett has had plenty of time and hasn’t accomplished what he was hired to accomplish ... I’m fine with wanting a new coach, I want one too. But the Pro Bowl isn’t a valid point against him. Anyone who watched knows there was almost no semblance of a real game.

kevm3

Reaction score
The point wasn’t that Garrett is all that, it’s that the Pro Bowl isn’t a measuring stick. Speaking for myself, I have no problem with anyone saying Garrett has had plenty of time and hasn’t accomplished what he was hired to accomplish ... I’m fine with wanting a new coach, I want one too. But the Pro Bowl isn’t a valid point against him. Anyone who watched knows there was almost no semblance of a real game.

Typically the probowl or preseason games aren't indicative of much, but for our organization, how we play in preseason usually reflects on real season because we aren't getting the coaching savviness on offense to take advantage of opposing defense. It comes down to pretty much 'beat your man'. Jason Witten has publicly alluded to such when he said something along the lines of 'everything has to be perfect'.

When the talent isn't there, then the team looks like trash. That is why Amari made such a huge impact when he came. He was one of those guys that could simply beat his man, and yet he even came out and essentially called the playcalling ridiculous.

My issue is that talent is being underutilized and this is a CRUCIAL year for evaluating our players because we are going to have to decide who to pay or not. The FO floating the idea of making Kellen Moore OC in such a year is utterly preposterous. I was pretty much of the notion that if we kept Garrett, then we would at least go pursue a legit option at OC and let him install the playbook, but these rumblings of 'keeping it in the organization' and promoting Moore is insane to me. Cowboys fans have already dealt with over TWO decades of 'maverick' style decision-making from Jerry Jones and the FO and we haven't gotten out of the second round in over 20+ years. If you're keeping Garrett at HC, making Kellen Moore OC is unacceptable.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Typically the probowl or preseason games aren't indicative of much, but for our organization, how we play in preseason usually reflects on real season because we aren't getting the coaching savviness on offense to take advantage of opposing defense. It comes down to pretty much 'beat your man'. Jason Witten has publicly alluded to such when he said something along the lines of 'everything has to be perfect'.

When the talent isn't there, then the team looks like trash. That is why Amari made such a huge impact when he came. He was one of those guys that could simply beat his man, and yet he even came out and essentially called the playcalling ridiculous.

My issue is that talent is being underutilized and this is a CRUCIAL year for evaluating our players because we are going to have to decide who to pay or not. The FO floating the idea of making Kellen Moore OC in such a year is utterly preposterous. I was pretty much of the notion that if we kept Garrett, then we would at least go pursue a legit option at OC and let him install the playbook, but these rumblings of 'keeping it in the organization' and promoting Moore is insane to me. Cowboys fans have already dealt with over TWO decades of 'maverick' style decision-making from Jerry Jones and the FO and we haven't gotten out of the second round in over 20+ years. If you're keeping Garrett at HC, making Kellen Moore OC is unacceptable.

The idea that preseason and Pro Bowl means nothing when it comes to other teams but it says a lot when it comes to the Cowboys is incredibly illogical. I get the argument that Moore is inexperienced, but that has nothing to do with the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl rules prohibit motion, shifts and anything but plain vanilla formations, and 5-6 days wouldn’t be enough to install those things even if that weren’t the case. That’s not somehow different with the Cowboys than it is with any other team.

dfense

Reaction score
Let’s ignore the fact that Dak didn’t play till the 4th quarter as the 3rd string QB after Wilson and Trubisky failed to put up any points. Trubisky was total garbage.

Dak threw the only TD pass, a 20 yard strike, after earlier having Cooper drop an easy TD pass.

The pro bowl is a joke and means nothing, yet some want to poke at Dak’s stat line, ignoring the other tw NFC QBs who played ahead of him. Hard to respect.
I just cant believe anyone actually cares at all about a touch scrimmage game.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
why does the pro bowl trophy and the conference championship trophies look like scrap metal projects from local Jr High shop-metal class???
I thought it looked like a huge piece of injection molded plastic,,, er,,,you know,,, a facsimile Thereof? as compared to a real trophy type grade of TROPHY.

* Long ago was it recorded into the HOLY SCROLLS of FOOTBALLISH FEATS, that the VICTORS prized signature of significance being deemed of efforted worth, was the severed HEAD of the vanquished foe's HEAD COACHES inadequate casing-liner, thrust upon a pointy stick& thusly in proud fashion preceedth them in their homeward bound march towards their assembled OFFSEASON FACILITIES
o_O:thumbup:o_O

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just got some ****** news and am looking for something to laugh at
I can’t temper exactly, but somewhere around middle of the game. Maybe 3rd quarter. Zeke also lined up at QB one play and tossed the ball to Barkley.

kevm3

Reaction score
The idea that Pre season and Pro Bowl means nothing when it comes to other teams but it says a lot when it comes to the Cowboys is incredibly illogical. I get the argument that Moore is inexperienced, but that has nothing to do with the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl rules prohibit motion, shifts or anything but plain vanilla formations, and 5-6 days wouldn’t be enough to install those things even if that weren’t the case. That’s not somehow different with the Cowboys than it is with any other team.

It's not incredibly illogical since we've countlessly heard the excuse floated that we're only using vanilla during preseason when the playcalling remains vanilla during the regular season and it pretty much comes down to the players beating their man. What was symptomatic of our offense this year was the exact same thing that showed in the pro bowl. There is a complete underutilization of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.