Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lowest I've seen Sam Williams in a mock

1st.....Treylon Burks WR
2nd ...Nakobe Dean LB
3rd.....Ed Ingram G
4th......Darin Kinnard T
5th .....Sam Willaims

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-7-round-nfl-mock-draft-cummings-april/5/

That's different.

Great value in 2, 4 and 5.

I don't see Burks as a Dak type WR.
- Dez drove Dak crazy with his lack of dependable route running.

Dean is one of the best college players in the entire draft.
- His size will keep him out of the top half of the 1st round, but getting him in the 2nd would be amazing.

Sam Williams won't last until 5 because the Cowboys would take him before then.

Kinnard is on par with OGs rated as 2nd rounders, IMO.
- The draft media seems to struggle with position switch player ratings.
- All bad plays that I saw from Kinnard in college would not have happened if he played OG.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the-critic-it-stinks.gif

morasp

Reaction score
I wonder how they determine what rounds players will be drafted in. They are going to take a WR on day one or two. Give me Burks, Olave, London, Watson, or Shakir

Last edited:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I actually would like this draft, but I would be hating it after the first two rounds until we ended up getting Ingram, Kinnard, and Williams later. I honestly don't think those guys will be around that late.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That's different.

- His size will keep him out of the top half of the 1st round, but getting him in the 2nd would be amazing.

- All bad plays that I saw from Kinnard in college would not have happened if he played OG.
Rumor has it that Kinnard is more of a late day 2, early day 3 prospect.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
That's different.

Sam Williams is going to fall drastically. Wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t get drafted.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's different.

First pick is horrid.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lowest I've seen Sam Williams in a mock

1st.....Treylon Burks WR
2nd ...Nakobe Dean LB
3rd.....Ed Ingram G
4th......Darin Kinnard T
5th .....Sam Willaims

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-7-round-nfl-mock-draft-cummings-april/5/

Well, it would cover our major needs. I probably wouldn't go two OL back to back and take a tight end instead with one of those picks. Give me those picks with Isaiah Likely, Jeremy Ruckert, Jelani Woods or Cade Otton instead of Ingram, and I'm pretty happy with that. Could even move either Kinnard or Williams up and get one of the tight ends a little later than the third.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The first pick is amazing. You must not have watched much Burks have you? He just gave SEC defensive coordinators nightmares.

He might be good, but its a low need and would do little for improving our team. It would also make the 3rd #1 pick on 5 years we used on a WR. Are we going to pay 25 million to resign Lamb and then two years after that pay another 25 million to resign burks?

It would be a bad move. Is Burks better than Cooper? This team needs to fix the Oline or continue to improve the defense. TE is a greater need than WR.

Carson

Reaction score
He might be good, but its a low need and would do little for improving our team. It would also make the 3rd #1 pick on 5 years we used on a WR. Are we going to pay 25 million to resign Lamb and then two years after that pay another 25 million to resign burks?

It would be a bad move. Is Burks better than Cooper? This team needs to fix the Oline or continue to improve the defense. TE is a greater need than WR.
I just hope on Thursday night, that people don’t panic at the pick.

Wait until Sunday to panic lol

quickccc

Reaction score
Sam Williams is going to fall drastically. Wouldn’t surprise me if he doesn’t get drafted.

Williams could fall drastically... or he could go surprisingly much early than expected.
Why ? He has innate edge rushing ability that cannot be taught or given.

Pass rushers are still extremely high demand, and some team(s) will be convinced they
did their due diligence and can convince themselves that his offseason concerns are behind him
or they can handle him.

Mikemcm

Reaction score

In my opinion Burks has the potential to be better then Cooper. Plus he's younger. A Wr core of Lamb, Gallup, and Burks would be on of the best Wr cores in the Country. People keep under rating Burks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In my opinion Burks has the potential to be better then Cooper. Plus he's younger. A Wr core of Lamb, Gallup, and Burks would be on of the best Wr cores in the Country. People keep under rating Burks.

Again, I like Burks. Its just understanding the importance of the Oline to an offense.

Cowboys already have tons of passing weapons. The problem is the line. Burks will do little for the offense until the line if fixed.

Making the line better will improve both the run game and the passing game.

Lamb, Gallup, Shultz, Washington, Pollard is more than enough passing weapons.