Pro Football Network Top 100 (7 Cowboy players)

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Man, when you think about all the names on our roster and what they could do on a perfect day, then we should have played in several NFCCG over the last couple of years.

Only too bad they all seem to lose steam come January every friggin year.

coult44

Reaction score
These are the core players of this team. As the late John Madden would say, they are the players who have to step up when you need a big play.
I would also add Tyler Smith

Listen to the people around here and this is what you will hear.
1) Michah is overrated
2) Ceedee only played well in contract year.
3) Dak is bottom 10 NFL QB
4) Zach is too old to be great
5) Daron was a fluke
6) Tank can’t get sacks
7) Trevon will never return great after injury.

it cracks me up when I hear guys say they’d rather not have these guys. I’m as disappointed as anyone, but you must have great players if you want to win. We have great players.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
53 x 32 = 1,696 Players on Active Roster

100 / 1696 = 5.89%

7 / 100 = 7%

So according to this we have 7% of the top 100 players in the NFL yet we can't get out of the first round. Actually 8 as Tyron made the list.

Question these lists. Maybe we have more like 4 or 5 top 100 players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

100 / 1696 = 5.89%

7 / 100 = 7%

So according to this we have 7% of the top 100 players in the NFL yet we can't get out of the first round. Actually 8 as Tyron made the list.

I mean Diggs didn't eve play much last year but I think it's safe to say he is a top 100 player. Bland....may be a bit premature but he was one last year for sure.

Hard to disagree with this list.

But notice we don't have one representative on the interior of the defensive line, linebacker and running back. The most physically demanding positions on the field.....

And it just hit me Tyler Smith didn't make the list....interesting. A All Pro isn't top 100?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

100 / 1696 = 5.89%

7 / 100 = 7%

According to some on here all 53 players should be in the bottom 100. Though they will not say that outright.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

100 / 1696 = 5.89%

7 / 100 = 7%

Our problem isn't the 7%, it's what the front office puts around that 7%. NFL is a team game, so if the team has weaknesses that can be exploited, it's tough to win, especially in the playoffs when you are facing other teams with several top players but also better players around them.

For example, if you have strong ends (which this rankings says we do) but are weak at tackle, where do you think other playoff teams are going to attack? They are going to attack the weak links. That forces you to have to adjust what you are doing to protect the weak links and leaves you more vulnerable overall.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Our problem isn't the 7%, it's what the front office puts around that 7%. NFL is a team game, so if the team has weaknesses that can be exploited, it's tough to win, especially in the playoffs when you are facing other teams with several top players but also better players around them.

For example, if you have strong ends (which this rankings says we do) but are weak at tackle, where do you think other playoff teams are going to attack? They are going to attack the weak links. That forces you to have to adjust what you are doing to protect the weak links and leaves you more vulnerable overall.
I'm saying we really didn't have 8 (Tyron) of the top 100 players last year. So, we really weren't as good as this list would have us believe.

Certainly other teams will try to attack weaknesses.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Man, when you think about all the names on our roster and what they could do on a perfect day, then we should have played in several NFCCG over the last couple of years.

Only too bad they all seem to lose steam come January every friggin year.
What we do on a perfect day during the regular season isn’t close to what we see in the playoffs especially defensively. If everything doesn’t go our way, it’s a real struggle. In our first two games last season, everything that could go our way went our way, making us look dominating. If a lot of things don’t fall in our direction, we’re not the same team.