Pro Football Outsiders | 2019 Free Agency Cost Benefit Analysis. how'd the Cowboys FO do?

_sturt_

Reaction score
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2019-free-agency-cost-benefit-analysis

2019-05-07_1712.png

Techsass

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but what are these "AV" & "Age Adj. Val" numbers telling me?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but what are these "AV" & "Age Adj. Val" numbers telling me?
The methodology is explained in the article.

"We then compare that projected value with the implied value of the new contracts -- that is, what AV a player would have to put up to justify their contract, based on how teams have divvied up their salary cap dollars in the past. That allows us to calculate each contract's Age-Adjusted Value, our estimate of the value that each contract creates or destroys."

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Our talent acquisition from this offseason ranking:

1a. Free agency
1b. Undrafted free agency
-
2. Trade
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
3. Our draft

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
the key take away is DAL got the best deal for a set of WRs all valued about the same DAL got the best price by far.

conner01

Reaction score
Nothing
None of them have played a game for their new team
Options and stats are cool and all, but you don’t know what you got till they hit the field

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Those are strictly based off my perceived value, which has been very good as of late.

Odds are that's how itll shake out.

Perception is a funny thing. If the perception changes, does the reality? Often not. My perception of the value of our tractor is different than the perception of the dealer. Often we meet in the middle. I changed my perception, the dealership changed theirs, the reality stayed the same :)