Progress, direction going forward?

dcjules

Reaction score
We can sit here and blame the injuries, bad calls (refs), under achieving players, and gutless coaches for this lost season, a season we will soon all like to forget. So unless some Romo miracle happens, we are what we are, a non-playoff team (that's being nice). Looking at the big picture going forward, Dallas is 44-39 with 1 playoff win into Garrett's 6th year. With everything on the table for analysis, are we "moving in the right direction" as a team under him as coach????

I will be the first person to say I was on the fence with Garrett until last season, 13 wins is a great deodorant. I agreed with JJ extending the contract believing that patience may have finally found us a quality HC. I was wrong, I am willing to say its time for a change at the end of the year. Of course a 7-0 run to the NFC East title will change things?? Only on the surface though....Time management, in game adjustments, making "that call" in a game, the fear factor, things we want in a HC are they there?? Has he taken what was given him (team) and made it win????

This season will play out, my belief is that we will be 6-10, injuries will be the excuse and nothing will change. But I am ready to start with a new HC (Saban or Harbaugh) inheriting a talented team (don't laugh) and seeing what happens.... We are seeing the process but not the progress!!!

Daillest88

Reaction score
We can sit here and blame the injuries, bad calls (refs), under achieving players, and gutless coaches for this lost season, a season we will soon all like to forget. So unless some Romo miracle happens, we are what we are, a non-playoff team (that's being nice). Looking at the big picture going forward, Dallas is 44-39 with 1 playoff win into Garrett's 6th year. With everything on the table for analysis, are we "moving in the right direction" as a team under him as coach????

I will be the first person to say I was on the fence with Garrett until last season, 13 wins is a great deodorant. I agreed with JJ extending the contract believing that patience may have finally found us a quality HC. I was wrong, I am willing to say its time for a change at the end of the year. Of course a 7-0 run to the NFC East title will change things?? Only on the surface though....Time management, in game adjustments, making "that call" in a game, the fear factor, things we want in a HC are they there?? Has he taken what was given him (team) and made it win????

This season will play out, my belief is that we will be 6-10, injuries will be the excuse and nothing will change. But I am ready to start with a new HC (Saban or Harbaugh) inheriting a talented team (don't laugh) and seeing what happens.... We are seeing the process but not the progress!!!

Jerry just doesn't understand.. Getting a top tier coach with our talent would do wonders. Garrett might be worse then campo.

lostar2009

Reaction score
You ppl don't get it. JJ is still in charge and JG is nothing more that a puppet. We had almost all the great DC's and good offensive minds in here in Dallas and it never work. The only piece that has remain the same is JJ. If JG had some real balls he would cut Heath, bring Dez into a meeting and tell him to shut the *** up and catch the ball, tell Beasley to man up and stay the heck of twitter, and check Hardy. But he don't bc he can't. The players have to answer to JJ not JG.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking at the big picture going forward, Dallas is 44-39 with 1 playoff win into Garrett's 6th year. With everything on the table for analysis, are we "moving in the right direction" as a team under him as coach????
You would not have started this thread if Tony and Dez were healthy all year long. Thinking back to training camp, most football fans and media types thought we were Super Bowl contenders. That seems like a good direction to me.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I don't think changing HC OC and DC and all the position coaches at the point in romos career is smart...

if jerry is smart (IF) he will use this draft to find players with a great ability to be flexible in multiple schemes, and wait for Romo to retire... that way when he does retire, jj can clean house and keep most of the young talent for the next group of coaches...

dcjules

Reaction score
You would not have started this thread if Tony and Dez were healthy all year long. Thinking back to training camp, most football fans and media types thought we were Super Bowl contenders. That seems like a good direction to me.

Probably correct in saying that, But did they just mask Garrett as a fraud??? Maybe-Maybe not.... The way this season has turned over these last 7 weeks sure makes me wonder about JG...