CFZ Projecting the future of our OL

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After three home runs in Tyron, Frederick and Martin they've done a terrible job drafting OL.

Which is odd considering they always draft well constantly.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Agreed, I was talking quality front line players.

Gotcha -- that would very likely be expensive. What I, actually, had in mind was a 1-year bandage to stop the bleeding, if one of our rookies or 2nd year players don't fit the bill. Maybe our rookie LT, Tyler, will do the trick -- we should test him like mad to see what he's got. I doubt Ball is the answer. Matt Waletzko might possibly be a nice surprise?! I guess we'll see. I like the idea of Tyler at LG. MM didn't seem positive about his pass protection, thus far, at LT, so, I guess we'll see what happens. Tyron is likely to be missing for several games, so it seems crucial to fix that backup role. ;)

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Gotcha -- that would very likely be expensive. What I, actually, had in mind was a 1-year bandage to stop the bleeding, if one of our rookies or 2nd year players don't fit the bill. Maybe our rookie LT, Tyler, will do the trick -- we should test him like mad to see what he's got. I doubt Ball is the answer. Matt Waletzko might possibly be a nice surprise?! I guess we'll see. I like the idea of Tyler at LG. MM didn't seem positive about his pass protection, thus far, at LT, so, I guess we'll see what happens. Tyron is likely to be missing for several games, so it seems crucial to fix that backup role. ;)
Yes, I was disappointed they fid not sign any quality OL in free agency.
We have very little quality depth.
They have unproven players that they hope can step up.
Figure Tyrone is going to be missing some time.
Nervous for Dak's well being.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, I was disappointed they fid not sign any quality OL in free agency.
We have very little quality depth.
They have unproven players that they hope can step up.
Figure Tyrone is going to be missing some time.
Nervous for Dak's well being.

True stuff -- a major need of good depth is to have a backup OT, quite capable of solidifying either side of the OL. We're just hoping to find one. I'm afraid you're right about Dak being in peril if we fail to secure anyone with that ability. Can Ball or Waletzko fill the bill? Yikes! Let's just hope so. o_O

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
True stuff -- a major need of good depth is to have a backup OT, quite capable of solidifying either side of the OL. We're just hoping to find one. I'm afraid you're right about Dak being in peril if we fail to secure anyone with that ability. Can Ball or Waletzko fill the bill? Yikes! Let's just hope so. o_O
I guess these unresolved issues will make training camp interesting

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I guess these unresolved issues will make training camp interesting

For sure -- it'll give every Cowboys fan something to watch for. It's a shame this FO doesn't see fit to make trades. I don't see any reason why Will McClay couldn't find a desirable backup center on another team to make a trade with. Maybe some team would consider making a swap to get us a backup LT or a suitable backup center, rather than trying to fit one of our players who isn't suited to serve in that capacity. Why not give Will McClay that freedom?! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
For sure -- it'll give every Cowboys fan something to watch for. It's a shame this FO doesn't see fit to make trades. I don't see any reason why Will McClay couldn't find a desirable backup center on another team to make a trade with. Maybe some team would consider making a swap to get us a backup LT or a suitable backup center, rather than trying to fit one of our players who isn't suited to serve in that capacity. Why not give Will McClay that freedom?! :rolleyes:
Set Will McClay free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!