Proper focus

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The way I focus on the draft is to evaluate what players the Cowboys got, not what players they didn’t get. Too many people think a team needs to focus on filling “needs” rather than finding good players. That isn’t how you build winning teams.

The Cowboys have gotten very good value for every single one of their picks through 6 rounds. If they still have holes to fill, there are other ways to fill the Cowboys’ needs. What is important is did the Cowboys improve the youth and talent of the team.

Finally, it never ceases to amaze how many people write off draft picks from previous years, just because they didn’t have break out years as rookies. Typically, it takes a year or two for players to develop in the NFL. So, the improvement to the 2024 team is more likely to come from players drafted in 2022 and 2023, not the rookies this year.

mldardy

Reaction score
The way I focus on the draft is to evaluate what players the Cowboys got, not what players they didn’t get. Too many people think a team needs to focus on filling “needs” rather than finding good players. That isn’t how you build winning teams.

The Cowboys have gotten very good value for every single one of their picks through 6 rounds. If they still have holes to fill, there are other ways to fill the Cowboys’ needs. What is important is did the Cowboys improve the youth and talent of the team.

Finally, it never ceases to amaze how many people write off draft picks from previous years, just because they didn’t have break out years as rookies. Typically, it takes a year or two for players to develop in the NFL. So, the improvement to the 2024 team is more likely to come from players drafted in 2022 and 2023, not the rookies this year.
No way man we needed a RB, didn't you get the crybaby memo

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:clap:

Aven8

Reaction score
Well the mantra all offseason since the most embarrassing playoff game in team history was to stop the run and run the football. No RB or DT’s and only one new LB. Mission not accomplished

Thorn

Reaction score
No doubt, 7th round OT pick from Louisiana will most definitely make us a winning team in the near future.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe they would have gone a different way, if they'd had a 4th round pick.
Maybe, probably. Regardless, that doesn't make him less of a reach. According to all the draft experts he was more of a last day pick, so even in the 4th he'd have been a stretch, according to the experts anyway. I know exactly nothing about him so I don't hate it, and maybe he's the perfect guy for Zimmer to work with. Look what he did with Coakley and Nguyen.