#5 Browning - LB
#24 S. Wade - CB
#52 Wyatt Davis - OG

Indiana
#22 J. Johnson - S

*Not listing everyone; add your own

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I've been reading up on S. Wade recently. There are several who compare him to M. Fitzgerald, even Derwin James. He is being touted as a chess piece type of player, where he could even play safety on the next level. If he proves he can handle the outside as the season progresses it might dramatically improve his stock.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I've been reading up on S. Wade recently. There are several who compare him to M. Fitzgerald, even Derwin James. He is being touted as a chess piece type of player, where he could even play safety on the next level. If he proves he can handle the outside as the season progresses it might dramatically improve his stock.

Really?

I don’t see that at all. He’s a slot corner; at least that’s all he’s played at OSU. He’s also very lean like Sydney Jones. Fitzpatrick is a much bigger dude and Derwin is even bigger.

Wade is also very grabby which will be a problem if he doesn’t clean that up.

Haven’t been impressed with him today.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
#5 Baron Browning has been impressive. He’s been lining up in the slot and been laying some hits.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Really?

I don’t see that at all. He’s a slot corner; at least that’s all he’s played at OSU. He’s also very lean like Sydney Jones. Fitzpatrick is a much bigger dude and Derwin is even bigger.

It’s no surprise to see Shaun Wade compared to Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James. Wade has seen time at almost all the sendonary positions. His tackling, speed and coverage skills mean he could be viewed as the type of versatile piece the NFL covets. Wade, may see his long term future at safety but will be desperate to prove himself as an out and out corner to enhance his next level earnings.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s no surprise to see Shaun Wade compared to Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James. Wade has seen time at almost all the sendonary positions. His tackling, speed and coverage skills mean he could be viewed as the type of versatile piece the NFL covets. Wade, may see his long term future at safety but will be desperate to prove himself as an out and out corner to enhance his next level earnings.

Are these your thoughts on him?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Really?

Yeah, I'm with you.

He's a good size Slot guy who was just expected/assumed to develop into a great outside Corner. I just haven't seen it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you.

He's a good size Slot guy who was just expected/assumed to develop into a great outside Corner. I just haven't seen it.
Agree. If I’m going CB I’m goin go Adebo or Fairley but they’ll be gone by the time we draft in the 2nd - unless we trade down because Sewell’s gone.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Agree. If I’m going CB I’m goin go Adebo or Fairley but they’ll be gone by the time we draft in the 2nd - unless we trade down because Sewell’s gone.
Farley (6-2/197) and Surtain (6-1/203) are going top 10/12..

Horn (6-1/205) will go shortly after.

The Clemson kid (6-0/190) could rise.

The two Georgia Corners (Campbell 6-2./185 & Stokes 6-1/185) seem like last 1st/early 2nd guys.

Adeebo (6-1/190) is in that range for me.

Asante Samuel Jr. (5-10/184) is good but small.

If Wade (6-1/194) is available in that early 2nd round range it means he came out when he shouldn't have.

The two ASU Corners (Jones 5-9/171 & Lucas 6-0/178) are talented but I don't know if they have the athletic frames to play and hold up in the NFL.

My sleepers are Cal's Camryn Bynum (6-0/200) and Tulsa's Allie Green IV(6-3/206)

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I believe once we play ourselves out of that top 5 range, we will be looking more towards drafting a Corner, unless Parsons falls in their lap. Of coarse they could go in a different direction, but appears the value at the position will be good in that range. What I have been trying to determine which corners need to be considered in that 8-12 range and how much separation there is between the 1st and 2nd tier at the position.