Prospect X - Our UDFA WR

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Wow, I like this player as well. Wasn't aware his RAS was so high. But my favorite addition is Cropper. I think he fits what we want to do well, and has the kind of attitude and apparent work ethic that we need. He's also a late bloomer. I think he's 23, but has some natural ability tracking the ball and is elusive, at times, after the catch.

It's difficult to judge Durden because of the competition level. Somewhat the same for Cropper tho.

conner01

Reaction score
I can see him beating out Tolbert and the lesser known for a roster spot. His size, skill set and potential is a MM type of WR.
It would take one heck of a camp to beat out Tolbert. They aren’t giving up on Tolbert that fast. They knew he needed to develop. I like this kids potential but most likely he ends up on PS or IR
We end up every year with some promising rookies on IR lol

conner01

Reaction score
Someone to keep an eye on it TC. Depends if they use a roster spot for Turpin just to return kicks and punts.
I think they will. He’s really good at returns plus he’s experienced as a reciever. I think one big reason he wasn’t used more as a reciever last year was the fact he had played so many games without an off season when he came hete

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
He needs to work on his sliding catches and jumping in the air and twisting like a cat catches. Didn't see any of those in that video.

shabazz

Reaction score
Interesting write up on David “Tyler” Durden.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/02/david-durden-prospect-x-most-overlooked-player/

His RAS is impressive and his tape— albeit vs poor competition— speaks for itself. He certainly has an opportunity to see the field in Dallas— and looks like he was one of the hottest UDFAs on the market. Will be rooting for this kid to make the roster and have an impact.

Go get em Tyler

tyler-durden.gif
If nothing else, its always entertaining to have more guy on the team that Hennesey can start hating on.

Schoonmaker and Leupke will have that distinct honor as well

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It would take one heck of a camp to beat out Tolbert. They aren’t giving up on Tolbert that fast. They knew he needed to develop. I like this kids potential but most likely he ends up on PS or IR
These new guys have to really wow them in preseason for us to dump Tolbert.

Let's not forget we had Houston last year and he will have a year in the system now.

If any of these guys show a little something in return game, Turpin is gone

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Let's not forget we had Houston last year and he will have a year in the system now.

I think the only threat to Turpin maybe Vaughn who’s a running back.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every part of this post is well said.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Tolbert will be among the top four we keep, but from there, it's iffy among Houston, Fehoko, the kid we drafted and the UDFAs. We might only keep one if we count Turpin as a WR, though.

conner01

Reaction score
I think Tolbert will be among the top four we keep, but from there, it's iffy among Houston, Fehoko, the kid we drafted and the UDFAs. We might only keep one if we count Turpin as a WR, though.
It likely comes down to a couple things. Who can help on ST and who can they get to the PS. Baring injury it’s could be some tough choices

conner01

Reaction score

I don’t think Turpin is going anywhere
He was near the top of the league in punt and kick returns and don’t forget he won mvp of the USFL as a reciever and I expect to see him used more in the passing game this year. He had played so much football without any off time is why I don’t think he was used much last year. Moore thought of him as a gadget player but he could easily play in the slot

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep. It may click for this kid. He has the athleticism and size to play in the NFL. Does he have the football IQ and work ethic to match?

If so— he can push guys like Fehoko and Tolbert for a roster spot
I like competition. Brings out the best and allows coaches to see flaws to be worked on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t think Turpin is going anywhere
He was near the top of the league in punt and kick returns and don’t forget he won mvp of the USFL as a reciever and I expect to see him used more in the passing game this year. He had played so much football without any off time is why I don’t think he was used much last year. Moore thought of him as a gadget player but he could easily play in the slot
Well, like I said the other WRs have to at least bring that to the table with little drop off and at least some relieving ability, give Turpin really is not a WR. He really showed nothing in that area last year